96 replies to this topic

#21 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:07 PM

Patriots looked really good blowing out the Bengals. Defense looks fast, opportunistic, and aggressive. Cincy effectively got 21 garbage time points in the 2nd half capitalizing on the D's lack of rest thanks to a Pats pick-6 TD and 2nd half KO return TD. Fred Taylor looks like he's in his Jacksonville form and the 2 rookie TE's look like a very nice addition to Brady's arsenal.

#22 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

this is the first year i've missed a bills home opener in 5 years and all i can say is thank god i moved.

1) got to actually watch the giants game instead of having to cross my fingers and hope they dont black it out.
2) they [bills] looked absolutely pathetic. as much drinking as i'd do in tailgating, nothing could have made those last 2 minutes bearable to watch.
3) did not waste another 300+ on seasons for something to do on a sunday

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

49ers... epic fail much???

though my Arizona survivor pick is looking as bad :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

49ers... epic fail much???

though my Arizona survivor pick is looking as bad :P

The Alex Smith experiment is failing out in San Francisco...yet again...

I gotta say, after that awful first quarter and a half, I'm STUNNED at how good the Seahawks look right now. Granted, it's probably because of how bad the Niners have been, but still. I didn't think they'd have this in them this year, to jump on a team and not relent.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

I gotta say, after that awful first quarter and a half, I'm STUNNED at how good the Seahawks look right now. Granted, it's probably because of how bad the Niners have been, but still. I didn't think they'd have this in them this year, to jump on a team and not relent.

QB play is THIS important in the NFL (listening Jet fans :P), this game shows it BIG time....
seems to me the 49ers spent too much time believing all their hype and not living up to iy

not to mention Singletary went a lil loopy with 4th down go for its......

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

You can thank me, I'm a curse to any team defense I draft in the NJDevs league. Last year it was Pittsburgh, who had their one bad year in like the last decade...the year before it was Minnesota, it was Chicago one year. All highly rated and all went splat on me. That's why I stayed the hell away from picking the Jets, especially when Revis was still holding out.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

And THAT is why they call them SURVIVOR pools.... holy sh!t Arizona way to ugly out a goddamn win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

Going back to last year's Week 16 when they mailed it in against the Jets the Colts have gone 2-7 their last 9 games including last year's playoffs, this year's preseason, and Week 1. See what happens when you piss off the football gods Indianapolis?!? :D

#29 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

Glad to see Jason Ginger picked up where he left off: Unnecessary play calls and inability to finish.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

Glad to see Jason Ginger picked up where he left off: Unnecessary play calls and inability to finish.

he makes me wish Herm Edwards was our OC... I swear 6000 rushing attempts a season would be better then THIS

NO flow or sense of what's working.... again.....

#31 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Alex Barron is killing me, too. And tashard choice shouldn't see the ball the rest of the game

Posted Image

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

SWEET WONDERFUL ENDZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

*Shrug* Every year the team management and coaching staff tries to convince us that we can go into the season with a questionable QB or a non-existent QB and guess what? I always fall for it. Defense and our running game is going to win us 12 games...but it doesn't happen. And then I have to pathetically point to the Raiders to compensate.

Last year we sucked but made it seem like we had a playoff shot...So we didn't get in and we didn't get a good draft pick. Of course we probably would have traded down a drafted another "Rashaun Woods" anyway.

It's sad because soon Gore's and Davis's best years will be behind them and they will have never had even just a good QB. And any Niner fan knows just how good those two players are and could be.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#34 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

Wow, final play will decide this game. This has been a great game to watch from a neutral standpoint.

Holding on the offense... game over. Wow.

Edited by nmigliore, 12 September 2010 - 10:37 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#35 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

If Alex Barron is on the team tomorrow, I will punt a puppy.

Posted Image

#36 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

Welp, at least I'm at college, so I can drink until tomorrow morning to forget this sh!t.

Posted Image

#37 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

sunuvabitch

They flashed up a STAT on the broadcast I was watching at work. It said Alex Barron is the second most penalized dude in the league. Second only to Flozell "offsides" Adams.

Sooooooooo happy the boys went out and snagged this beauty. Posted Image

Cowboys pulled the same horsesh!t they did last year when they lost to the Skins.

They went for the big play over and over instead of marching down the field against the Prevent D.

incompleteincompleteincomplete Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#38 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

hey went for the big play over and over instead of marching down the field against the Prevent D.

incompleteincompleteincomplete Posted Image

Huh? They drove down beautifully. They won the game if Barron made the block.

Posted Image

#39 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:47 AM

Huh? They drove down beautifully. They won the game if Barron made the block.

THAT was NOT driving beautifully! THAT was a couple catches out of many many attempts.

They looked long and sidelines every down when they coulda been hitting the short guy in the middle of the field and taken away chunks of yardage at a time. 3 Timeouts!?! Piss poor clock management too.

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENIMA!!

They made penalty after penalty to move backwards and put themselves in a hole. And the O line was disgraceful as far as protection was concerned. Romo looked comical dancing around while his linemen held.

I don't like what Barron did AT ALL, but there were PLENTY of disgusting mistakes made by MANY members of this team ALLLLLL night.

I wonder if the play calling was all Garrett or if Phillips had anything to do with the choice of plays to end the game.

And Choice shoulda been on the pine the entire second half after coughing that ball up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image Arrrrgh!!! Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:51 AM

As amused as I was by the end of the Dallas game I'm even more amused by the events in Philly yesterday. That fanbase wanted McNabb gone for ten years, and what happens when they finally get their wish? They start booing every little thing and deserted Kolb quicker than rats jumping off a sinking ship. It's even more amusing that Vick looked good enough to start a QB contreversy - until he gets the job, then he'll get booed. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase :P

To top that off, McNabb wins Week 1 on National TV with an inferior, contreversy-ridden team. He must have been laughing all the way home from FedEx.

I'm hearing so much buzz about this Calvin Johnson play but have yet to see the replay.

I finally saw it late last night myself, oh my god...there's no way in layman's terms that wasn't a catch. This league has so many stupid technicalities it makes you wonder who writes the rule book, the same guy who writes the golf bylaws (where a bad patch of grass counts as a 'bunker')?!

Edited by Hasan4978, 13 September 2010 - 06:57 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users