#61 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

you see.. you're proving my point ..
no amount of peace signs -pot smoking or singing kumbayah will change anything ever.

I must agree with this. If progressives (I'm assuming that they'll be the main attendees of this event since they generally like Stewart and Colbert more and especially because this rally is being billed as a counter to Beck's) come away from this feeling energized to spout attacks like Manta's on Jimmy, then the whole effort was futile. That is unless it really is just about comedy (I never really got a consensus on that). If we're going to reach a higher level of dialogue, where we can have meaningful discussions, then these distractions need to be (voluntarily) ended.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#62 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

I must agree with this. If progressives (I'm assuming that they'll be the main attendees of this event since they generally like Stewart and Colbert more and especially because this rally is being billed as a counter to Beck's) come away from this feeling energized to spout attacks like Jimmy's on Manta, then the whole effort was futile. That is unless it really is just about comedy (I never really got a consensus on that). If we're going to reach a higher level of dialogue, where we can have meaningful discussions, then these distractions need to be (voluntarily) ended.

Corrected. like Jimmy's on Manta
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#63 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Corrected. like Jimmy's on Manta

I stand corrected, the both of you at each other.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#64 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

There are FREE busses from NYC.

http://www.huffingto...c_n_745313.html

You have to sign up by tomorrow.
Posted Image

#65 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:42 AM

For those who attended. How was it? Was sanity restored to the country?
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#66 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:39 AM

I watched it and was very, very good. It drew 215,000 compared to the Fox News/Beck event which drew 87,000.

http://www.cbsnews.c...284-503544.html

Edited by MantaRay, 31 October 2010 - 09:40 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#67 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

A lot of tweeps posted about this. Sounded good. Though not sure why anyone wants sanity. :P

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#68 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

I went. I liked it, and it was a cool event. I mean the music and comedy was so-so, but Jon Stewart's speech at the end made it better. I really just loved being in the atmosphere...with 200,000 people who were pretty like-minded, and lots with internet background...it was just a fun event to meet people and have a great time. Fun day, and actually pretty simple all things considered.

#69 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Just a gratuitous slap:

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#70 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Just a gratuitous slap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_23Nt5XumaU&feature=player_embedded

Just a pointless video:

Most people have probably heard the term "Keynesian" at most once in their life in a basic economics course in high school X number of years ago. This is no different then when the Man Show convinced dozens of women to sign a petition to "end womens suffrage". It's funny but ultimately proves nothing other than you can trick people by being clever with words.

#71 matcat1116

matcat1116

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Just a pointless video:

Most people have probably heard the term "Keynesian" at most once in their life in a basic economics course in high school X number of years ago. This is no different then when the Man Show convinced dozens of women to sign a petition to "end womens suffrage". It's funny but ultimately proves nothing other than you can trick people by being clever with words.

As a current senior in high school, I can tell you that had I not become interested in politics as early as 8th grade, I would have less than a flying fvck's idea of what a Keynesian is.

Furthermore, I'd be willing to wager that I'm around one of at maximum eight in my class that might know what it is. This is out of a class of just about 600 students.

Just giving your claim a little perspective, although I might also be giving claim as to why the public school system sucks
Posted Image

#72 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

I tuned into the rally online and was initially disappointed with 45 friggen initial minutes of music. I don't mind a song mixed in between the comedy skits but to start it with damn near an hour of music most of us couldn't care less about really ticked me off.

The rest of the rally was great though. Had me in stitches.

#73 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

fvck sanity .. waste of time

how about restoring jobs?
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#74 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

fvck sanity .. waste of time

how about restoring jobs?

How are SC and JS going to create jobs?

#75 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

huh? will this rally? or you? welcome to the board.
Posted Image

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

#76 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

Just a pointless video:

I know. Was just being snarky, and figured I'd throw one of those Jay-Walking type videos in response to the conservatives are stupid comments you see all over the place.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#77 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

huh? will this rally? or you? welcome to the board.

The point of the rally was this...

Too often in our society we see people reflected in the news holding rallies, and demonstrations demonizing politicians both on the left and right side of the house calling each other terrorists, nazi's, hitler, etc. They make outlandish claims about how this side is going to destroy America, or that side is going to destroy America. What Stewart and Colbert wanted to do is show that the way America is portrayed on the news is not how we are.

They wanted to show we are not divided, that were are not racists, that we are not in a class warfare, that we do not believe our leaders are Hitler, or Stalin, and that we continue everyday to grind out our existances together... united. This should be common knowledge but unfortunately the waters have been muddied by our 24/7 news media conglomerates trying to fill time slots by injecting fear, and doubt into our minds and why? Because fear gets ratings.

The rally to restore sanity was an effort to re-allign peoples perception of their society to what it actually reflects, and not what the news media wants you to believe it is.

#78 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

The point of the rally was this...

Too often in our society we see people reflected in the news holding rallies, and demonstrations demonizing politicians both on the left and right side of the house calling each other terrorists, nazi's, hitler, etc. They make outlandish claims about how this side is going to destroy America, or that side is going to destroy America. What Stewart and Colbert wanted to do is show that the way America is portrayed on the news is not how we are.

They wanted to show we are not divided, that were are not racists, that we are not in a class warfare, that we do not believe our leaders are Hitler, or Stalin, and that we continue everyday to grind out our existances together... united. This should be common knowledge but unfortunately the waters have been muddied by our 24/7 news media conglomerates trying to fill time slots by injecting fear, and doubt into our minds and why? Because fear gets ratings.

The rally to restore sanity was an effort to re-allign peoples perception of their society to what it actually reflects, and not what the news media wants you to believe it is.

thats beautifully written - it doesnt change the fact we need jobs or that sanity was seemingly restored to about 1/4 of a million mostly democratic, affluent, white, young americans who make up the majority of stewarts/colberts audience...
were there many 'legalize pot' signs about?
Posted Image

#79 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

thats beautifully written - it doesnt change the fact we need jobs or that sanity was seemingly restored to about 1/4 of a million mostly democratic, affluent, white, young americans who make up the majority of stewarts/colberts audience...
were there many 'legalize pot' signs about?

You are bitching that the rally was a waste of time because it didn't create jobs. That was never the intended result. You might as well complain that the rally was a waste of time because it didn't cure cancer.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#80 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

the organizers thought this rally would restore the image of america (or make more money for their shows) -- their idea of the image represented about 1/4 of a million mostly democratic, affluent, white, young americans ... I would have rather they held a rally to restore jobs thats all... cause above sanity, thats what america needs right now.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users