103 replies to this topic

#21 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:24 PM

Oh, and by the way...no ones answered my question yet...I even used pictures! :(

I think some post got deleted... I don't know why, though.

Which ones? What did they say?

They all seem to be there still... :noclue:

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk, 28 October 2003 - 08:25 PM.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#22 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:43 PM

Let's see here...

RoughDraft said, "...it's 3:15 am...and I'm..allllllllll by myselffffffffffffffff"

mrsheeps said, "Nope." (as in she wasn't the only one up)

sammyk wondered why RD turned into Eric Carmen, who did that song right?, at 3:15 AM

DevilMinder got it and found it funny.

Nieuwy25 explained the joke... perhaps the deleted post was someone who didn't understand it? Or am I hallucinating about this post?

sammyk wondered who was confused. Was there actually a deleted post? And he thought it was from the 70's, not the 80's...

Nieuwy25 said she thought DM was confused... aha! I think I solved it! When DM edits posts, the "Edited by:" line doesn't (necessarily) come up... he probably was confused but then edited it to a laughing smiley once he got the reference.

WCDF entered late and thought sammyk meant Eric Cartman, of South Park.

Crasher suggested the same thing.

sammyk asked, "WHO meant Eric Cartman?" Was it WCDF? No... was it someone else's deleted/edited post? Probably.

Then PK said the Who didn't record it... I don't know where that came from...

...and neither did sammyk.

Then everybody was just plain confused.

My theory: DM said something about Eric Carmen, like "Who is that?", or got him confused with Eric Cartman. Then, once it was explained, he edited his post, which came before the Carmen thing was confused, but the "Edited By:" line didn't show up because he's an admin.

It's a theory...

#23 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:58 PM

DevilMinder got it and found it funny.

Nieuwy25 explained the joke... perhaps the deleted post was someone who didn't understand it? Or am I hallucinating about this post?

sammyk wondered who was confused. Was there actually a deleted post? And he thought it was from the 70's, not the 80's...

Nieuwy25 said she thought DM was confused... aha! I think I solved it! When DM edits posts, the "Edited by:" line doesn't (necessarily) come up... he probably was confused but then edited it to a laughing smiley once he got the reference.

sammyk asked, "WHO meant Eric Cartman?" Was it WCDF? No... was it someone else's deleted/edited post? Probably.

My theory: DM said something about Eric Carmen, like "Who is that?", or got him confused with Eric Cartman. Then, once it was explained, he edited his post, which came before the Carmen thing was confused, but the "Edited By:" line didn't show up because he's an admin.

It's a theory...

Ahh negative Ghostrider!

If you check Nieuwy25s explanation of why she explained the "joke", it's because her browser didn't show DM's smiley right away and thought he didn't understand. So no deleted post there.

As for WCDFs Cartman comment, that came out of left field, and he never came back to explain. Wasn't sure if he was correcting me, or what. Seems CRASHER just went along with him...there's a CHANCE at a deleted post here, but an admin would hafta delete it, and why would they if the only thing it did was not make sense? However I doubt anything was deleted here...

Also, I don't think DM did anything to his post.

OK, I'm gonna go lie down now! :D

#24 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:02 PM

Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank? Perhaps it was the wrong smiley? NOW I AM MORE CONFUSED.

#25 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:04 PM

Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank? Perhaps it was the wrong smiley? NOW I AM MORE CONFUSED.

DMs entire post was the :rofl: smiley. He was simply laughing at what I said. So all she saw was what I had type (that he had quoted). So by quoting me and not saying anything, she probably thought he didn't understand.

#26 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 09:36 PM

Some psych 101 student would have a field day with this thread ;)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#27 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:16 PM

Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank?  Perhaps it was the wrong smiley?  NOW I AM MORE CONFUSED.

DMs entire post was the :rofl: smiley. He was simply laughing at what I said. So all she saw was what I had type (that he had quoted). So by quoting me and not saying anything, she probably thought he didn't understand.

Then here's my question... if you know all this, why were you confused?

#28 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:31 PM

sammy wasn't confused YOU were sheeps! Right?

I wish there was a Muttly smilie or I could put his laugh in here -- anyone watch Wacky Races cartoons?

I'm here for the party

#29 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:35 PM

[quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:16 PM'][quote name='sammyk' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:04 PM'] [quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:02 PM'] Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank?

#30 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:36 PM

[quote name='sammyk' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:35 PM'][quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:16 PM'] [quote name='sammyk' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:04 PM'] [quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:02 PM'] Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank?

Edited by mrsheeps, 28 October 2003 - 10:36 PM.

#31 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:36 PM

sammy wasn't confused YOU were sheeps!  Right?

Posted Image

#32 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:37 PM

[quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:36 PM'][quote name='sammyk' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:35 PM'] [quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 11:16 PM'] [quote name='sammyk' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:04 PM'] [quote name='mrsheeps' date='Oct 28 2003, 10:02 PM'] Yours is definitely more logical... though I don't get why Nieuwy would be confused by just an absent smiley... cause if the smiley didn't load, shouldn't the rest of the post been blank?

#33 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:38 PM

Ok I have had too much to drink to make sense of this thread.......come back another time..... :evil:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#34 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

... :blink:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#35 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Ok I have had too much to drink to make sense of this thread.......come back another time..... :evil:

It's all the same sober Zam! :lol:

#36 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

I've had nothing to drink and I don't understand this thread......and I started it!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#37 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:39 PM

... :blink:

This'll teach ya to stay up on the computer at 3:15! :P

Edited by sammyk, 28 October 2003 - 10:39 PM.

#38 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:41 PM

It's even worse when you have been seduced by the makings of John Molson :evil:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#39 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:43 PM

Okay, okay, I have a confession...when I made this thread, I was pretty messed up on my painkillers, so....mua hahaha

#40 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:44 PM

Okay, okay, I have a confession...when I made this thread, I was pretty messed up on my painkillers, so....mua hahaha

Hmm so you have an excuse...what about the rest of us!? :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users