4 replies to this topic

#1 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hotel Indigo, an Intercontinental Brand, got approved for a grant to build a hotel inside 810 Broad Street. Cass Gilbert, the architect of the Woolworth Building, designed it. Hotel Indigo is an urban boutique chain that uses local influences in the room design.

So we have Hotel Indigo going in on the corner of Broad and Edison and then Courtyard by Marriott building a new 7 story building on the corner of Broad and Lafayette. Nice changes coming to the most blighted side of the arena!

Edited by The Rock 07, 17 September 2010 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#2 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,897 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:30 PM

Hotel Indigo, an Intercontinental Brand, got approved for a grant to build a hotel inside 810 Broad Street. Cass Gilbert, the architect of the Woolworth Building, designed it. Hotel Indigo is an urban boutique chain that uses local influences in the room design.

So we have Hotel Indigo going in on the corner of Broad and Edison and then Courtyard by Marriott building a new 7 story building on the corner of Broad and Lafayette. Nice changes coming to the most blighted side of the arena!

Never stayed at an Indigo, but Intercontinental is a pretty nice hotel.

With two hotels going up, a few others in the area, plus Newark Airport hotels and NYC...maybe we actually will get an All Star Game one of these years after all...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#3 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Never stayed at an Indigo, but Intercontinental is a pretty nice hotel.

With two hotels going up, a few others in the area, plus Newark Airport hotels and NYC...maybe we actually will get an All Star Game one of these years after all...

Indigo is IHG's "boutique" brand, and the hotels are usually nice, but not as nice as InterContinentals.

#4 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

Indigo is IHG's "boutique" brand, and the hotels are usually nice, but not as nice as InterContinentals.

There's a Hotel Indigo here where my office is in Rahway. It looks pretty nice.

This is good for Newark. Sprucing up the area around the arena, adding more to the skyline... I'm excited!

Edited by njdevil26, 18 September 2010 - 12:29 PM.

TWITTER: www.twitter.com/timoninjd~ANDREW

#5 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I love the loby of this buildings so I'm pretty excited about this coming along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users