Mark Zuckerberg donates $100 million to Newark Public Schools

oofrostonoo

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703860104575508472745513134.html?mod=wsj_share_twitter

Mark Zuckerberg, the 26-year-old founder and chief executive of Facebook Inc., plans to announce a donation of up to $100 million to the Newark schools this week, in a bold bid to improve one of the country's worst performing public school systems.

Cool move! Wonder why he chose Newark...

At this point I don't think his "image" matters. He is a billionaire and is set for 100 lifetimes, lol....

If you think about it, once you have all of that money, what's left for you to be concerned with besides your image?

But I was confident that MZ was a good person. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Edited by Devils Dose

+1

I like Christie, but this money will go to waste again. If over $20,000 a year per student spent already in that city isnt helping already, then $100 million more is not going to help.

Also according to film The Cartel (great documentary) there are over 400 admins in the Newark school system making over $100,000 a year. What a waste and the money will go into the pockets of politicians and admins.

scrooge-mcduck.jpg

CLASSIC! :clap2:

Zuckerberg and Bettman are in the same fraternity as me.. It has it's ups and downs

Wow. I don't think I could do that.