16 replies to this topic

#1 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 07:19 AM

On the back, I know it used to have "A" on the left and "J&W" on the right. Now, are there 2 A's on the left? "A A", "A&A", what? Or is it just the same.
Posted Image

#2 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 07:31 AM

I thought the new A was for his daughter, but I didnt know there were two. Hmmm I am sure someone will know. Annabelle? I dunno why I think that is her name. I haven't had coffee yet so it could be sleep induced insanity too.

#3 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 08:06 AM

Yes, Annabelle is his daughters name.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#4 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 08:24 AM

Good to know I didn't dream it or something hehe.

#5 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 09:54 AM

Doesn't he also have a son named Anthony?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#6 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 10:06 AM

Doesn't he also have a son named Anthony?

Yah, I think that's the oldest. Anthony, the twins Jeremy and William, and the daughter Annabelle. Aside from the initials, there are three Stanley Cups and a Gold Medal back there.

#7 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:53 PM

Not to hash open old wounds, but what was the last thing with Marty and his wife? I can't remember what was te last thing to happen, or why it even all started.
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#8 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 04:23 PM

It started because Marty cheated on her I guess...dunno what the current status is...but no one seems to be talking about it so looks like things have cooled off, and/or their working it out like adults. :D

#9 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 06:44 PM

Not to hash open old wounds, but what was the last thing with Marty and his wife? I can't remember what was te last thing to happen, or why it even all started.

The last thing I heard is that he was in the process of getting a divorce. It seems to be true because the part about him being married to her was cut out of his personal info in the media guide. And I saw their kids with a woman that was not Melanie at the game Saturday.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#10 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:47 PM

I know this is sort of OT, but a few people were having a discussion about Marty's mask on another board, saying it was one of the ugliest masks in the NHL and that he should really spring for a new one by now...but I love his mask, I think it's really classy and nice; 20 years from now, it'll be one of those masks that just by looking at you'll know it was the Great Marty Brodeur who wore it for the majority of his career.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#11 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:32 AM

Yah, I love his mask. Simple yet classic. It's also cool how there's a "story" behind the devil logo on top.

Hafta admit though, I did like his flaming Olympic mask.

#12 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 02:49 AM

Yah, I love his mask.  Simple yet classic.  It's also cool how there's a "story" behind the devil logo on top.

Care to tell it sammyk?

#13 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:22 PM

Yah, I love his mask.  Simple yet classic.  It's also cool how there's a "story" behind the devil logo on top.

Care to tell it sammyk?

Oh I don't remember it clearly...I think it was because he wasn't sure if he was going to be called up or stay with the Utica Devils and he didn't want to put an "N" in the logo...or something like that. Someone will surely correct me or tell it better.

#14 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 01:14 AM

I hate most of the masks around today. I just don't go for the airbrushed look. Leave that to the t-shirt shops on the boardwalk.
Posted Image

#15 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:40 PM

Brodeur's mask is perfect - you don't have to wonder whose it is, or who he plays for.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#16 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:46 PM

I hate most of the masks around today. I just don't go for the airbrushed look. Leave that to the t-shirt shops on the boardwalk.

I agree...the airbrush stuff from DaveArt.com is hideous. I actually kinda liked it at first, until I realized all his designs pretty much looked the same, just different colors.

It's too bad Ahonen wears one of his designs.

#17 ocaptainmycaptain

ocaptainmycaptain

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:34 PM

i think marty's mask is cool because it's different. someday people will be able to tell who's mask it is just by looking at it, like curtis joseph's dog mask. except when people look at marty's they'll say he was one of the greatest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users