31 replies to this topic

#21 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Do you know if they will still be broadcasting MSG/MSG+ games on Center Ice for those of us with Dish in an out-of-town market?

they'll probably use the other team's feed

believe-3devils.jpg

#22 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

For some reason I woke up today and I now get MSG Plus on Comcast, it is so weird, I am now happy that I don't have to pay and extra $160 to watch the Devil's this year.

What?!? Seriously? What channel is that?

EDIT: OK, just found out this doesn't apply to me, or to "Southern" Jersey. Too bad :(

"Comcast will carry MSG+ HD full time starting on October 15, 2009 for Northern and Central NJ systems within the NYC DMA"

Edited by jim777, 04 October 2010 - 02:58 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Didn't' Dishnet take Versus off last year?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Didn't' Dishnet take Versus off last year?

Don't think so. You are thinking DirecTV, but they came to a resolution.

Edited by mrthemike, 04 October 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#25 Toasterleavins

Toasterleavins

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

Anyone familiar with these kinds of things have a ballpark guestimate on how long this might take to get resolved? Trying to decide if im going to have to shell out the 150 bucks for the nhl online streaming thing to watch the devils games. Thanks

TL

#26 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Anyone familiar with these kinds of things have a ballpark guestimate on how long this might take to get resolved? Trying to decide if im going to have to shell out the 150 bucks for the nhl online streaming thing to watch the devils games. Thanks

TL

they already don't deserve your business, switch providers
Put food on my family

#27 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

Last season DirecTV gave me Center Ice because they didn't have Versus. This season I have DishNet and they gave me 3 months credit for the $7 sports package with Red Zone and wouldn't give me Center Ice. Screw DishNet but them I can't watch the Devils live on MSG or MSG+ because I am out of the local/regional area so games are blacked out and only can watch on replay.

#28 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

Last season DirecTV gave me Center Ice because they didn't have Versus. This season I have DishNet and they gave me 3 months credit for the $7 sports package with Red Zone and wouldn't give me Center Ice. Screw DishNet but them I can't watch the Devils live on MSG or MSG+ because I am out of the local/regional area so games are blacked out and only can watch on replay.

Ah, but is it Dish's fault for not accepting a crazy price increase?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#29 Toasterleavins

Toasterleavins

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

they already don't deserve your business, switch providers

I could switch to DirecTV or Comcast but i live in a small town in north west nj and i have the bundle (gives you phone,internet, and tv which is dishnetwork at a significant discount). So switching from dishnetwork would really increase all 3 rates individually because i lose the bundle. Small towns suck.

#30 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Direct TV gives it up. that's their business model. dish doesn't. I don't think they really give two about sports programming in general... anyone that doesn't carry YES, can't.

#31 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Got Dish Network about 3 year ago when i needed a good HD service for an outrageous new Behemoth of a TV in my living room :D
They have been great, both hardware and service has been rock solid!
For a loaded package at the time they ran about 10-15% less expensive than Direct TV, so that was pretty much the deciding factor. (probably because they did not have to pay for beyonce or the mini giraffe)
Have had service even through crazy Santa Ana winds and winter storms, situations where cable frequently goes down for extended periods.

Since i'm out of market with Center Ice this does not have too much impact on my Devils broadcasts.
Hope they resolve this issue soon, I can't imagine this will drag on too long.
think it's important they stand their ground, TV service is expensive enough without price gouging from FOX sports or whoever...

Edited by ice dog, 08 October 2010 - 05:07 PM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#32 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

FYI, I just researched it, If you have Dishnetwork, since they dropped MSG they gave all customers Center Ice for free for 2 weeks so now you can watch the Devils game (for me its channel 631) and all the other games that are happening tonight for free.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users