233 replies to this topic

#221 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

So you can name 6 players. How many do you think we signed or didn't lose in that time? Context. You can't just rattle off names and say "see, it's true". Where's the context? How many players were not lost? Gionta was never gonna get $5M here and I wouldn't have given it to him either, so that's a totally different situation where I bet Lou said he couldn't match what Montreal was offering.

Significant players draw attraction from other teams.  No one cares about one team's fodder.  There's plenty to go around.  4A players are everywhere.

#222 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

I need to bump this thread so we can all share a laugh and actually agree on something...David Clarkson. Oh my what a freefall this guy has had since the Cup run. When I first made this thread I wanted him off the team during the Maclean season and called him an AWFUL hockey player and would rather have the likes of Pelley Sestito Zharkov or Mr. PL3 himself (did you forget about him) in his spot....then BAM the next season he scores 30 goals and I apologized for making this thread, then fast forward two more seasons and BAM he can only get 12 points in a full season with a salary of close to six million dollars. Oh David Clarkson I take everything back *again* what an awful hockey player you are.

If you want a good laugh read through this thread, there are some gems.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 April 2014 - 10:42 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#223 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

To be fair Clarkson wouldn't be THIS bad on the Devils. But considering his production this year, this is one of the worst contracts ever.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#224 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

He wouldn't be this bad if Pete went to the Leafs either.  Maybe that's why they want him so bad lol

#225 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

I'm not going to make fun of Clarkson. He's a good guy. Let's just make fun of the Leafs.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#226 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

He wouldn't be this bad if Pete went to the Leafs either.  Maybe that's why they want him so bad lol

This might just happen though with Shanahan being hired, hes a Deboer fan apparently.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#227 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

I'm not going to make fun of Clarkson. He's a good guy. Let's just make fun of the Leafs.

I try to make fun of him as little as possible because I liked him s a Devil and don't blame him for signing this deal. I am laughing at the Leafs when I bash this contract, not Clarkson. I don't enjoy it when people on here root for him to fail.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#228 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

i liked clarky a lot as a devil.. he was never supposed to be some star high scoring forward he was a grinder and enforcer here.. so yea if youre asking for more then what someones role is then i could see why you might be displeased with a player.. he wasnt a high scorer but the season of him bringing in 30 goals was just a bonus... and of course obviously no one understands why the hell the leafs paid him that much money he got lucky i guess.. but when he was here i liked him a lot he filled his role in our system perfectly.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#229 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

At least no one fvcks with the Leafs' water bottles anymore.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#230 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Clarkson is a great guy, did a ton of charity work in NJ. Can't laugh at him too much

#231 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

whats everyones thoughts on the likeliness of the leafs buying out his contract and when? i read something from an article that someone had written i dont remember what article it was though
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#232 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Clarkson is a great guy, did a ton of charity work in NJ. Can't laugh at him too much

Basically this. Laugh at the leafs.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#233 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

I like Clarkson a lot, was very sorry to see him leave. But they did overpay.

#234 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

whats everyones thoughts on the likeliness of the leafs buying out his contract and when? i read something from an article that someone had written i dont remember what article it was though

they basically can't buy him out 

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=6797

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users