233 replies to this topic

#121 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I don't think he's a diver I just think he sucks at skating...

I'm not gonna say sucks at skating because he's strong on the boards when there's something to hold him up...he's just weak on his balance control.

1dun.jpg

#122 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I don't think he's a diver I just think he sucks at skating...

no he's clearly embellishing some plays and then starring at the refs with his intense/crazy look.

but to be honest he's been giving me a hard time not to love him with last year and this year but i don't want to just jump on the bandwagon like an hypocrite after calling him out for years lol he's slowly growing on me tho haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#123 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

no he's clearly embellishing some plays and then starring at the refs with his intense/crazy look.

but to be honest he's been giving me a hard time not to love him with last year and this year but i don't want to just jump on the bandwagon like an hypocrite after calling him out for years lol he's slowly growing on me tho haha

I think you two need couple counseling.

1dun.jpg

#124 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, damn the player who leads us in scoring! Who needs him??
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#125 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I want Clarkson locked up long term. In my mind hes exactly the type of player i want as a Devil. Always gives it everything, sticks up for his teammates, scores goals and creates plays and is a good ambassador off the ice. Hes just a likable guy. Lock him up Lou.

#126 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Guys' a stud. Lock him up. 4 years-4.5 mill.

#127 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Guys' a stud. Lock him up. 4 years-4.5 mill.

I wouldn't go that high.

#128 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Quite honestly, my first memories of Clarkson are him scoring in one of the games when he was called up because of a series of injuries on the team (it was in March, a few season ago obviously). I was really impressed with his scoring touch there, LOL. So, I was kinda disappointed when he seemingly turned into a not-so-productive goon for a while. I'm glad Petey D. was able to get the best out of him, Clarkie has been nothing short of amazing for us this year and last year, with all the goals, energy and getting under the opponents' skin when necessary. Tough not to like this guy (if you're a Devils fan, of course. Other teams' fans must love to hate him and that's good). Especially after that epic PureHockey commercial this year. :D

Edited by Revan, 02 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#129 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ah, Mr. Clarkson. I found your name listed as second in the league in goals and just wanted to say, "Hi!"

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#130 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Ah, Mr. Clarkson. I found your name listed as second in the league in goals and just wanted to say, "Hi!"

Edited by justdo3043, 10 February 2013 - 11:47 PM.

"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#131 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Honestly clackson has turned into poor mans parise picking up "garbage" deflection goals ahd doing thedirty work down low

#132 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Honestly clackson has turned into poor mans parise picking up "garbage" deflection goals ahd doing thedirty work down low

and by poor man parise i hope it means he's not gonna ask for a ridiculous contract and go back home lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#133 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ya well thats a whole different story

#134 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I wouldn't go that high.

If we want to keep him, thats probably what its going to take, espc if he keeps up his scoring. Add that to last year's performance 4-4.5 is not a stretch at all.

#135 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

If we want to keep him, thats probably what its going to take, espc if he keeps up his scoring. Add that to last year's performance 4-4.5 is not a stretch at all.

he's getting 5/25. don't even think he's not.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#136 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

I wouldn't go that high.

Then he'll be outta town real quick. He is essentially Lucic Lite (3/18 extension kicking in next year) and will be paid as such. If you have a power forward who can fight and score at his level, you have to hang on to him. Vancouver traded Cody Hodgson to get who they think is the next Lucic/Clarkson.

If we get him at 5/25 as sundstrom suggests, it's a good deal.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#137 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I need to vent a little here... :whistling:
As we get closer to the day where we need to be under the cap, all i can personally hope for is to see clarkson traded somewhere else. Im sure there will be a lot of people here who object to this but for the last three years i have watched this player and just sighed everytime he is on the ice. I took the trip to long island last night and could not take it anymore. clarkson has absolutely no hockey sense and last night he just plainly sucked. He slowed down josefson and zubs and just holds on to the puck for an incredible amount of time to just turn it over. Im just shocked that there is very little talk to trade clarkson instead of anyone else. Id rather have rolston langenbrunner salvs zubrus and even colin white over clarkson. Clarkson is the most inconsistent player on this team and he needs to be traded.

...yes clarkson brings some spunk and attitude to the ice but i think leblond and pelley can handle that aspect of the gm :cheers:

throw sestito or zharkov in there and theyll do ten times better than clarkson

zharkovs first season ten assists plus 2 in 40 gms, he will improve, thus my point that he will be better than clarkson, and i like sesito, he looks like a complete player i hope they give him another shot

Those are my thread highlights, especially about Leblond.  Oh and sestito being the complete player, that sir is a classic, although i was just as excited about Zharkov.

Oh well.....

1000498.jpg

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 11 February 2013 - 09:18 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#138 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

:giggle: Yup, I didnt like Mr. Clarkson over two years ago so I made irrational statements.

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#139 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

The thing that impresses me is that many of the complaints about Clarkie were true. He's just such a hard worker he becomes a more complete player every season. By the time he retires he might have even mastered the nuances of skating.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#140 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

I hated watching Clarkson play 2-3 years ago. I hated his contract. I've not seen many Devils games this year but those stats are unreal given what I thought I knew about him. I guess I was just totally wrong or a skating fetishist. There's more than one way to be productive in the NHL and Clarkson is clearly that.

Well it begins...

I don't particularly care for Clarkson, and I think we're going to see a lot of threads like this now that the man got paid. I think he got overpaid by about a million per year, and fans here will recognize that and make him the new NJDevs whipping boy.

With that said, the guy is big, can hit, and plays hard. He can be disruptive against certain lines and the Devils don't really have anyone else like that. He adds another dimension to the forward corps and I think regardless of his contract he is an asset to the team. I really hope he develops big time this year but I'm not holding my breath too much.

To say Sestito or Zharkov is better is just silly.

Alright I don't sound stupid!

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 11 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users