10$ tickets for opening night

deb4te

Gonna make the drive down from Albany for the home opener this friday and I'm curious to know whether or not it will be harder to grab 10 dollar tickets cause it's opening night?

I know it should be semi-packed for opening night but it's also not like it's a rival that we're playing, so i'm just curious as to everyone's opinions on how easy these will be to get? We were thinking of trying to get there for 5:30-6pm in hopes of grabbing some. We'd also settle for the 25$ tickets towards more of the middle of the upper ends, are these difficult to get as well?

Any input is appreciated and i'm sorry if this is an over-asked question.

Thanks!

Gonna make the drive down from Albany for the home opener this friday and I'm curious to know whether or not it will be harder to grab 10 dollar tickets cause it's opening night?

I know it should be semi-packed for opening night but it's also not like it's a rival that we're playing, so i'm just curious as to everyone's opinions on how easy these will be to get? We were thinking of trying to get there for 5:30-6pm in hopes of grabbing some. We'd also settle for the 25$ tickets towards more of the middle of the upper ends, are these difficult to get as well?

Thanks!

If you show up at 5:30 - 6:00 I can 100% guarantee you won't get any $10 tickets. If you want the $10 tickets and you are driving all the way down from Albany, you should probably get there absolute latest 3PM and even that might be pushing it. Bring some drinks, order a pizza, and wait on that line haha. I've waited since about 1:00PM for some Rangers games and it was lucky I got there when I did...

Thanks!

For $10 seats to opening night, if you are going to come all the way from Albany, you might as well show up around 11am - noon because that's the only way to pretty much guarantee you'll get them.. Any later and you may risk missing the cut and will have wasted all that time driving.. Keep in mind they only have 100 tickets at the $10 price now.. I waited on line last year to remember the good ole days and they only had 50 bracelets (2 tix per bracelet is 100 tickets).. So it's harder to get now..

PS - The $25 ticket section has been gone since '08 - '09.. Either way, it would have been sold out weeks ago

Another thing to consider: there will be a fan-festival outside the arena beginning a few hours before the game. Every home opener there is usually a band playing and a bunch of other stuff going on, which pretty much ensures at least a few thousand people hanging outside the arena a few hours early. Solid chance they will be there early enough to grab the $10 seats.

I agree with anyone saying you should prob get there no later than 1:00 or 2:00 if you want to make sure your trip isn't a waste.

Check stubhub and ticketmaster, prices might go down prior to the game and/or more tickets may be released. Tickets are released sometimes the day of/before the game on ticketmaster... Might be able to get the $37 tickets that way?

If you can get tickets at or below face value (including fees) from stubhub I would do it, as it would beat waiting on the line. :)

If you show up at 5:30 - 6:00 I can 100% guarantee you won't get any $10 tickets. If you want the $10 tickets and you are driving all the way down from Albany, you should probably get there absolute latest 3PM and even that might be pushing it. Bring some drinks, order a pizza, and wait on that line haha. I've waited since about 1:00PM for some Rangers games and it was lucky I got there when I did...

Wowww :unsure:

Call me crazy but I'd rather spend the extra $50 for a ticket than stand in line for six hours :noclue:

Check stubhub and ticketmaster, prices might go down prior to the game and/or more tickets may be released. Tickets are released sometimes the day of/before the game on ticketmaster... Might be able to get the $37 tickets that way?

If you can get tickets at or below face value (including fees) from stubhub I would do it, as it would beat waiting on the line. :)

Completely agree, I wouldn't even chance the $10 tickets after a drive from Albany. See if you can find a pair of the $37 tickets and go from there.

Tickets are at $45 the cheapest on stubhub, located in section 118 row 14. These are the $59 face value, so you would be paying a little over face with the fees, but you would have tickets prior to leaving.

Why not do the AAA discount deal. http://www.ticketmaster.com/devilsaaa

It is still available. 2 tickets would be $84.50 for ticket fast or $82 for will call. Beats the stub hub fees by a long shot.

I kind of agree with others. That's a long ride try to shoot for $10 tix. But I suppose I'm not in a position to tell you how to spend your time or money.

Edited by mac760

Why not do the AAA discount deal. http://www.ticketmaster.com/devilsaaa

It is still available. 2 tickets would be $84.50 for ticket fast or $82 for will call. Beats the stub hub fees by a long shot.

I kind of agree with others. That's a long ride try to shoot for $10 tix. But I suppose I'm not in a position to tell you how to spend your time or money.

Agree!

Edited by Dead

one thing i HATE about the 10$ line...... you can be like 30th in line, but that doesn't account for the "oh my girl is coming @ 4" people in front you, and then the buddies that join them. So by that time at 4 about 40 people go ahead of you. hateit!

That's bull, but when you get a good crowd on the line, it can be fun.