94 replies to this topic

#81 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

Man, screw Cablevision. I'm gonna be stuck searching for streams to watch the World Series. Unreal. I did watch a few of the Giants/Phils games on ATDHE, but the quality is typically crappy and I got stuck with a Spanish-announcing feed like twice.

That is pretty pathetic. Don't understand how Network TV can be blocked out. Baseball is a hard sport to find streams for.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#82 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

Thegame346...you are one messed up person. Seriously.

Nieuwy25: Congratulations! I apologize for that jerk. What a wonderful feeling it must be after all these years. Hope Texas wins.

Thanks! No apologies necessary - it's people like you who keep me coming back to this place even though Nieuwy's long gone from New Jersey.

I'm so excited for the Rangers, I can hardly stand it, lol!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#83 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Man, screw Cablevision. I'm gonna be stuck searching for streams to watch the World Series. Unreal. I did watch a few of the Giants/Phils games on ATDHE, but the quality is typically crappy and I got stuck with a Spanish-announcing feed like twice.

Digital antennae? Isn't Fox still broadcast for free reception?
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#84 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

I didn't get a chance to really watch Game 1, but I had to double-take when I looked at Cliff Lee's final line. Lincecum wasn't much better either, but the Giants prevailed thanks to their crazy hit parade on Lee and the Rangers' bullpen.

The Giants are such a funny team; their pitching staff is very good but their lineup is essentially a bunch castoffs and Buster Posey; I mean really - Uribe, Sanchez, Ross, Burrell, Huff, Renteria, Torres.... before coming to the Giants they all seemed to have their struggles or rubbed off as really mediocre players, and yet here they are, making up the majority of a World Series' lineup. I guess sometimes you just need a little luck on your side.

Edited by nmigliore, 27 October 2010 - 11:23 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#85 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

The Giants are such a funny team; their pitching staff is very good but their lineup is essentially a bunch castoffs and Buster Posey; I mean really - Uribe, Sanchez, Ross, Burrell, Huff, Renteria, Torres.... before coming to the Giants they all seemed to have their struggles or rubbed off as really mediocre players, and yet here they are, making up the majority of a World Series' lineup. I guess sometimes you just need a little luck on your side.

It really is amazing.

#86 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

Rangers' bullpen is killing them with walks. Giants are gonna be up 2-0 in this series...
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#87 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Man, this is so ugly I can't stand it! Yankees must be wondering where the team that beat them so easily is, 'cause it sure isn't in SF!

Here's hoping for 3 wins at home anyway!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#88 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

Man, this is so ugly I can't stand it! Yankees must be wondering where the team that beat them so easily is, 'cause it sure isn't in SF!

Here's hoping for 3 wins at home anyway!

I don't know if they were coming back from being down 3-0 anyway last night, but Ron Washington made sure he killed any hope they had. Instead of bringing in one of his best relievers in Ogando or Feliz, he paraded a bunch of stiffs out there that couldn't throw strikes. The 8th inning was a disaster for the Rangers in large part due to Washington's moves (and non-moves).
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#89 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Wow, the Giants did it, and in 5 games, no less. Color me surprised. And of all people to have a big series its Edgar Renteria. The Rangers just didn't get anything from their entire lineup, besides Mitch Moreland, and Cliff Lee wasn't that good either.

Anyway, congrats to San Francisco!

Edited by nmigliore, 01 November 2010 - 09:33 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#90 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

I am really surprised by the Giants. This was a team that was a strike away from going down 2-1 to the Braves in the first round. Now it is all about the Yankees driving a dump truck full of money to Cliff Lee's house.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#91 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Thegame346...you are one messed up person. Seriously.

Why? Because I am abrasive? Because I don't stop before I post to consult the "political correctness", or "what to say so you don't hurt peoples feelings" dictionary? Tough.

Nieuwy is a frontrunner plain and simple. I called him/her/it out on it. When you don't talk about your team all year long then proceed to praise them only after they've made the playoffs and won a championship you deserve to be called what you are.

#92 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Why? Because I am abrasive? Because I don't stop before I post to consult the "political correctness", or "what to say so you don't hurt peoples feelings" dictionary? Tough.

Nieuwy is a frontrunner plain and simple. I called him/her/it out on it. When you don't talk about your team all year long then proceed to praise them only after they've made the playoffs and won a championship you deserve to be called what you are.

LOL you're still here? I thought you got banned.

I forgot that posting in the MLB thread or the Mets/Yanks thread gives you a special license to be a fan of the team.

Grow up.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#93 thegame346v2

thegame346v2

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

LOL you're still here? I thought you got banned.

I forgot that posting in the MLB thread or the Mets/Yanks thread gives you a special license to be a fan of the team.

Grow up.

Ok, you've said your piece, I've said mine. Baseball season is over. Get over it, and move on to Hockey. I'll have plenty of time to talk about the other NY baseball team and the fact they have 0 chance next year too in about four months.

#94 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Ok, you've said your piece, I've said mine. Baseball season is over. Get over it, and move on to Hockey. I'll have plenty of time to talk about the other NY baseball team and the fact they have 0 chance next year too in about four months.

You won't have the time to talk about anything; I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to make another account after being banned. :lol:

If it was another team that lost to the Rangers instead of the Yanks, I'm 100% sure you wouldn't have bitched about it. You're just a really bitter Yankees fan, that's all. And no, that's not just my perception. Ask anyone whose read your garbage you've posted in here.

Edited by nmigliore, 03 November 2010 - 12:55 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#95 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

ok... problem fixed
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users