11 replies to this topic

#1 NJ_Devils_Fan

NJ_Devils_Fan

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:11 PM

I downloaded the demo, and I like the game alot. :)

the pc demo lets you play 5 mintue 3 periods of devils vs ducks.

guess what team i play as? :P

#2 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:42 PM

I haven't played it yet. I think the latest version on it is from 2001! lol But I really want the NHL 2004 for my computer.

#3 exit_16w

exit_16w

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:37 AM

I played it a bit for awhile on PS2 then it crashed, ironically as im cursing i turn on the news Dany Heatly crashes. Very strange.

#4 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:38 AM

I finally got NHL2004 on Monday, seems like a pretty good game, however it took me about four tries to finally get a win...heh...

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#5 Nedved 4 President

Nedved 4 President

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:03 AM

I'm so disapointed, with both hockey games this year. I got NHL 2004 for the ps2, and I play online. My name is Barnaby4prez, so if you play online hit me up sometime, although I'll hardly be playing considering I got Socom 2 now.

#6 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:34 PM

I'm so addicted to NHL 2004. Contrary to what Nedved says, it's great. There are a lot of problems, but the gameplay is realistic (except for the goalies who somehow manage to pass it to a forward on the blueline with one hand on the stick when they have 2 of the opposing team's forwards in the crease). The UI sucks, and EA Sports Online is pretty weak, but it's a good game.
Posted Image

#7 Nedved 4 President

Nedved 4 President

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:47 PM

I'm sorry, but the goalies are rediculously easy to score on. At least it's not like ESPN though, where the goalies are impossible to score on. There are a lot of problems, especially with the computer AI. The passing isn't crisp, the guys on your team skate right past the puck all the time, and they don't do anything on defense, they just back up until they're behind the net and let the guy get a breakaway.

#8 NJ_Devils_Fan

NJ_Devils_Fan

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 09:23 PM

I haven't played it yet. I think the latest version on it is from 2001! lol But I really want the NHL 2004 for my computer.

download the demo to see if u like it!

i just beat ducks 7-2! :evil:

#9 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 10:34 PM

I'm sorry, but the goalies are rediculously easy to score on. At least it's not like ESPN though, where the goalies are impossible to score on. There are a lot of problems, especially with the computer AI. The passing isn't crisp, the guys on your team skate right past the puck all the time, and they don't do anything on defense, they just back up until they're behind the net and let the guy get a breakaway.

Turn the AI up to difficult. Then they get less easy. On easy and medium, I could score just by walking it over the blueline and taking a slapper with a good shooter. On difficult, you have to work for goals.

Passing not being crisp is intentional. This way you can put passes off the boards, lead guys, etc. You have to learn to aim your passes.
Posted Image

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:34 PM

I got the game and the gameplay is fun but the denisty mode sucks and their are some errors with it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 Nedved 4 President

Nedved 4 President

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 07:37 AM

Turn the AI up to difficult. Then they get less easy. On easy and medium, I could score just by walking it over the blueline and taking a slapper with a good shooter. On difficult, you have to work for goals.

Passing not being crisp is intentional. This way you can put passes off the boards, lead guys, etc. You have to learn to aim your passes.

Yeah, I play on Difficult, you may have to work for goals, but I still score at least 6 goals a game, sometime up in the teens. I haven't played the one player game at all, so it might just be online that the game is easy (even on difficult) but I did play my friend a couple times and I beat him pretty bad. Do you play online for PS2?

#12 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, I play on Difficult, you may have to work for goals, but I still score at least 6 goals a game, sometime up in the teens. I haven't played the one player game at all, so it might just be online that the game is easy (even on difficult) but I did play my friend a couple times and I beat him pretty bad. Do you play online for PS2?

I have it for PC. Are you going for "money goals" like cutting across the crease? You should also tweak your sliders.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users