• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#121 Svenskflicka

Svenskflicka

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Ugly - who cares if you have 7 defensemen in your lineup if they all have a hard time understanding the responsbilities of their job.
Women who follow the rules rarely make history.

#122 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

I still believe that this team can be good...
But I think it's going to take more time for them to gel than you'd think with this kind of lineup.
And they need to get under the cap...
Posted Image

#123 richardrh

richardrh

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

That got bowling shoe ugly in a hurry.

\

#124 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

But whenever i point this out with White, i get our resident sabermetric statistician to say other.

I have been saying that for a long long time ken. We talked about this. White has one eye! ONE EYE! How good could he possibly be! Clearly not that good. I think its time to rethink Whites standing on the roster....He made two stupid mistakes within 10 seconds. He gave up that dumb pass and then hooked Ovie. Out of all the people to hook....sure Marty stopped 5 for 6 PS with Ovie, but come on! I have never been this angry this early in the season.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#125 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

Ohhhh maaaaaann. do i hate it when this happens.

Marty needs to do the saves.
The D-man needs to stop faling down and look like cones.
And put the puck in the net.

Oh and our D sucks.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#126 MartysGlove

MartysGlove

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Don't know who's worse, Fraser or Brodeur.

Fraser keeps taking himself out of position to lay on a few hits to prove he has balls or something, then screens Brodeur on goals 1 + 4...

And Brodeur has been just brutal.. all great shots but honestly, you gotta steal at least one of those.

#127 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

so apparently the rule now is an attacking player doesn't need a breakaway to get pulled down and get a penalty shot? i could MAYBE see a minor, but absolutely no shot! Ovechkin did not have a clear breakaway before he got pulled down (more likely lost his own edge) and since it's "alexander the great" of course he gets the shot. not saying the defense isn't lacking severely this game.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#128 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

I have been saying that for a long long time ken. We talked about this. White has one eye! ONE EYE! How good could he possibly be! Clearly not that good. I think its time to rethink Whites standing on the roster....He made two stupid mistakes within 10 seconds. He gave up that dumb pass and then hooked Ovie. Out of all the people to hook....sure Marty stopped 5 for 6 PS with Ovie, but come on! I have never been this angry this early in the season.

White was having a good game up until then....it is easy to bash him, but he is playing against Ovie's line tonight, cut him some slack...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#129 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

Good thing Im going to out to drink my anger away. White....this beer is for you..and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on. you jerk. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#130 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

marty stops that, it's still a game... now we need 4 to win. i think we've got the firepower to do it, but can we keep the puck out of our net? yeah, not banking on that.

jesus. i know i'm not saying anything profound here but this D corps is horrible...
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#131 H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

i want lemaire system back.
Posted Image

#132 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

I expect Moose to come out for the 3rd...Marty has had a horrid game

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#133 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

i want lemaire system back.

No you don't.
And if your here pennypacker, who's at the saab plant?
Posted Image

#134 brodeurfanatic

brodeurfanatic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

Where is LD, he is rejoicing right now.
Posted Image
Thanks for the sig UnderdogX

---

"He loves the game, he has God-given talent and we're just glad he's in our pipes," - Lou Lamoriello vs Flyers on 4/1/06

---

Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Brodeur's Coach Jacques Caron
Official NJDevs.com Keeper Of Special Assignment Coach Pat Burns

Starting a Game Thread Record ~ 4-1-0-1

#135 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

all im saying- 3 goal lead, most dangerous lead in hockey.
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#136 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

I actually thought White had looked great these past couple games before that awful pass. I'm not gonna hang the guy over 1 mistake. There are a lot more frustrating defensemen on this team right now than him, trust me. Marty hasn't looked any good tonight either.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#137 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hey, Pat, be careful we may get accused of having bad/selective memories that we can't rely on and then shown some sabermetric stat from some Louwetrust fan website. :giggle:

Edited by SJP20, 09 October 2010 - 07:59 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#138 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

The paranoia here tonight should be fun. Eh what can you do? The team is playing with essentially three rookies on defense and they are catching NO breaks tonight. Just look at the last goal. Perfect timing for Ovie to come out of the box and then Brodeur just gets a piece of the puck. That's how it goes some nights.

I just hope A-train doesn't have a concussion. Then we're seriously fvcked. On a positive note I like what Taorima and White have brought to the table so far. They have been pretty steady. Urbom looked very green on the second Caps goal and it's pretty obvious that the Devils don't want him playing major minutes but that plan may have gone out the window.

On a side note, these Caps fans are annoying. For a team that has been around so long I get a very "new" vibe about them. Booing every penalty on the Caps like there is no tomorrow, the crazy cheering after the most routine plays. Whatever...just a frustrating night I guess.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Game 2. 80 more to go. New faces, rookie head coach. Cups aren't won in October. This one got ugly, and the D nor Marty are looking great so far, but I'm not going to throw sh!tfits on October 9. The Devils started 0-2 last year and we got threads second-guessing everything.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#140 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

The Moose is loose! :koolaid:

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users