47 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,431 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

i'm going to the game, i may just cheer when they announce devil's scratches, it's a refreshing change.

Haha, actually Opening Night was a refreshing change for me compared to the eight and nine scratches we were announcing around New Year's last year. We needed two screens to list them for crying out loud, they didn't even bother to lower the font anymore :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

Our Fourth line would be the 1st line on the nashville predators

You mean the undefeated Nashville Predators?

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

I like these choices for the call ups. I think Corrente is definitely an improvement on D over Fraser who seems to love making retarded cross ice passes out of our zone that are easily intercepted.

Josefson is a guy I'm really excited to see, but he may not dazzle everyone in his first few NHL games, so I'm trying to keep my expectations low for him. Although I expect him to put a few points up, as long as he's responsible defensively and doesn't hurt us when he's out there, I'll be happy.

I think the reasons why Sestito got the nod over Tedenby, is that we really need a good checking line, not a guy who's defense and backchecking abilities are questionable. I'd love to see Tedenby get called up at some point this year, but I think he absolutely needs the time in the AHL to get bigger, stronger and to whipped into shape as far as his defensive game is concerned. Also, I don't think we'd have room to put Tedenby in the situations where he'd be useful. We don't have room on the 3rd line to fit him and having him on the 4th line isn't where he needs to be. I do feel like if he was put on the PP, he'd be a good fit there just based on the fact that he can deke like no other and that would help us when working the puck down low on the PP, which is something I don't see our PP ever do...

#44 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Im happy to see Corrente back with the Devils. Corrente would have been in the line up full time if the devils had the cap space to start the season. I liked what i saw from Sestito last year, looks like he belongs when he plays, good 4th line player.

Josefson will replace Rolston I assume? Will be nice to see how he plays in his first NHL game.

The way i see it..

Corrente > Fraser
Sestito > PL3
Josefson < Rolston (has to be assumed until we see Josefson play in the bigs)
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#45 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

Good to see a lot of centers - or at least players who can take faceoffs. Zajac, Arnott, Zubrus, Josefson, Mair, Pelley, and Sestito all can fill in at center or take face offs if need be.

#46 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

I would really really like to see Josefson step up his game. I think him and Tedenby are going to be great great players a little bit down the road.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#47 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

Haha, actually Opening Night was a refreshing change for me compared to the eight and nine scratches we were announcing around New Year's last year. We needed two screens to list them for crying out loud, they didn't even bother to lower the font anymore :lol:

that's true, i was at that game, i was just cracking up at the list then as well. we don't do anything half assed i guess.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#48 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

hopefully its fraser who sits. I feel like urbom has been getting better and needs to see the ice

Fraser is definitely sitting.. I'd bet on it
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users