30 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

The Ravens ran for 99 yards on 34 carries (2.9 avg). The longest Raven run was only for 8 yards. The Pats did a good job here, and stuffed Flacco on 3rd and 1 at midfield on a key potential drive. Though they didn't completely stuff Rice (88 yds on 28 carries), they did a nice job neutralizing him.

Flacco looked very good for the first three quarters (he smartly picked on McCourty, who really is god-awful), but from the 4th quarter on the Pats' D really stepped it up...they really just clamped down. They started getting better pressure on Flacco and it showed.

Thanks! We have to step-up our pass protection if our running game stalls.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

There is nothing to do. What this team needs is a disciplinarian to beat the snot out of this team. This entire wide receiver core should be running till they die after their second week in a row with a celebration penalty. There isn't one that's respected enough to matter. Short of Jones himself bringing the hammer down on some people no one in the organization can correct the problems this team has in 2010. The only real silver lining is that they really haven't started playing in the division yet...5-1 in the division, plus wins against the Lions and Jags, will make them 8-8 minimum team, which isn't awful considering the start. But the problem is that they match up horridly with the Giants and, to a lesser extent, the Redskins because of their sh!tty o-line play.

I'll be impressed with this team if it ends up in the playoffs, but you're talking a minimum of 8-3 with two vs Giants and two vs. Eagles still to go. Yeah, they won't be a one-loss team...I think they play Detroit, Green Bay, and Jacksonville, which are all winnable games...but this isn't a playoff team unless they magically learn some discipline, cut the penalties in half, and start winning trench battles.

It seems to be a step farther..... Felix Jones was apparently throwing up at halftime, being "tired" from all his work in the first half... how in the BLUE HELL is an NFL athlete IN A DOME (if it's September in Miami I get it).... tired AFTER A HALF???

That too comes back to the "coaches" getting a guy in fracking shape!!!!

I'll be furious if this team pulls a Bills and does just enough to make a run to keep the coaches here.....
it needs to END
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

It seems to be a step farther..... Felix Jones was apparently throwing up at halftime, being "tired" from all his work in the first half... how in the BLUE HELL is an NFL athlete IN A DOME (if it's September in Miami I get it).... tired AFTER A HALF???

That too comes back to the "coaches" getting a guy in fracking shape!!!!

I'll be furious if this team pulls a Bills and does just enough to make a run to keep the coaches here.....
it needs to END

If he was puking from exhaustion, or if the conditions inside the dome were hot and disgusting, then yes that's disgraceful. The hell do the Cowboys run, Club Med with pads?
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

If he was puking from exhaustion, or if the conditions inside the dome were hot and disgusting, then yes that's disgraceful. The hell do the Cowboys run, Club Med with pads?

Damned if I know anymore.... 1-15 sounds REAL good now... let's go get that QB before Buffalo does :P

anyway... shifting gears..... hits to the head....I ask you... how does the NFL expect defensive players running at full speed be able to react when a guy slips, drops his head... whatever in an INSTANT, like they are mandating because of the Harrison hit on Massaquoi?? I get the fact that these guys are missiles and it's DANGEROUS... but um hello, isn't this why they make MILLIONS (and I never fault them for it).... they have so many goddamn rules out there now as IS... how the hell do you tackle someone anymore??? Maybe they need a rule like the NHL where you can't leave your feet (unless the guy is in the air too).....defensive players all over are concerned....

http://msn.foxsports...eir-game-102010

comments???

I'm sure Manta has something to say here :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#25 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

It's no excuse, but have you ever been in the Metrodome? The place is a legit oven. It is absolutely disgusting in the stands. Granted, the lower you get the better it is, but I'm relatively in-shape and was a 3-sport athlete in high-school, and I got exhausted just cheering in that hell-hole.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Damned if I know anymore.... 1-15 sounds REAL good now... let's go get that QB before Buffalo does :P

anyway... shifting gears..... hits to the head....I ask you... how does the NFL expect defensive players running at full speed be able to react when a guy slips, drops his head... whatever in an INSTANT, like they are mandating because of the Harrison hit on Massaquoi?? I get the fact that these guys are missiles and it's DANGEROUS... but um hello, isn't this why they make MILLIONS (and I never fault them for it).... they have so many goddamn rules out there now as IS... how the hell do you tackle someone anymore??? Maybe they need a rule like the NHL where you can't leave your feet (unless the guy is in the air too).....defensive players all over are concerned....

http://msn.foxsports...eir-game-102010

comments???

I'm sure Manta has something to say here :P

Yes, I am still disappointed we cut Harrison.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

Oh come now, Romo's about fifteenth on your list of problems :lol:

anyway... shifting gears..... hits to the head....I ask you... how does the NFL expect defensive players running at full speed be able to react when a guy slips, drops his head...

I don't think it's asking too much to expect guys not to lead with their heads or have an insanely late hit. I think those are the types of hits that are going to be suspendable, not the ticky-tack ones...but then again there are times where the NFL has zero common sense so maybe I shouldn't assume they're going to do what they should do here.

Plus if hits to the head aren't gonna be allowed in hockey they sure shouldn't be allowed in football either.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

Oh come now, Romo's about fifteenth on your list of problems :lol:

I don't think it's asking too much to expect guys not to lead with their heads or have an insanely late hit. I think those are the types of hits that are going to be suspendable, not the ticky-tack ones...but then again there are times where the NFL has zero common sense so maybe I shouldn't assume they're going to do what they should do here.

Plus if hits to the head aren't gonna be allowed in hockey they sure shouldn't be allowed in football either.

I only want the QB to add to Clown's misery and totally Manta-Block his 0-16 dreams of saving the franchise :P

the biggest problems on the Cowboys are huggy-coach and ginger the offensive disorganizer!!!!

I think it's asking WAY too much (in ANY sport) to expect a guy going full steam to change his momentum if the guy at the last second ducks... Massaquoi DUCKED because he bobbled the ball... son that's FOOTBALL

if the NFL was serious about this Merriweather would have been suspended for his Chris Benoit headbutt on Todd Heap......

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

I only want the QB to add to Clown's misery and totally Manta-Block his 0-16 dreams of saving the franchise :P

the biggest problems on the Cowboys are huggy-coach and ginger the offensive disorganizer!!!!

I think it's asking WAY too much (in ANY sport) to expect a guy going full steam to change his momentum if the guy at the last second ducks... Massaquoi DUCKED because he bobbled the ball... son that's FOOTBALL

if the NFL was serious about this Merriweather would have been suspended for his Chris Benoit headbutt on Todd Heap......

Well I agree on Harrison, I didn't think that was nearly as bad as the hit on DeSean Jackson (which did look like the guy led with his helmet) or the Merriweather one but I don't think it's fair to give a guy a suspension for a hit last Sunday when they 'tightened' the rules on Monday, that'd cause too many problems - like giving someone a ticket for doing 50 in a 45 zone the day before you actually change the speed limit from 50 to 45.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

The problem is not where Harrison hit...it's how Harrison hit. Harrison was already leading with his head and shoulder like a missile, and followed through with an elbow uppercut, and Mohammad ducking exasperated matters. In other words, Harrison's "tackle" was poor form before MM ducked his head and got concussed.

As for the rest, I'd be interested to see what hits the NFL singled out as bad and which they showed as good in their new "don't play on the traintracks" videos.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#31 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Can't believe that this will stand as the last week that I got to start Dallas Clark in fantasy. I'm probably gonna miss the guy. :(
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users