#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

http://blogs.northje...gainst_buffalo/
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

We literally both posted this at the same exact time.. But you're the admin, so delete mine plz :doh1:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#3 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Mooooose!

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

Mooooose vs miller. Should be interesting

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#5 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Maybe my dad should bring a MOOSE.... He collects them, and even "Moose" beer... Only found that in Sweden though :)

Posted Image

Edited by Dead, 22 October 2010 - 12:22 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#6 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'm glad Brodeur decided to take a day off.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#7 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

I'm glad Brodeur decided to take a day off.

My guess is wants to listen to the yanks game 7. If the team still played at the medowlands, he would have had a jets/giants rig his mask like the qb helmets. If the yanks don't force game 7, he goes back in net.

Joe
Joe

#8 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

My guess is wants to listen to the yanks game 7. If the team still played at the medowlands, he would have had a jets/giants rig his mask like the qb helmets. If the yanks don't force game 7, he goes back in net.

Joe

no he called rivera, rivera said there will be a game 7.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#9 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

Nice, Ill get my first chance this season to do my moose calls. Marty I think needs the rest.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#10 ungar

ungar

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

See now, coming off the win it will only be more difficult for Lou to correct the current state of affairs vis a vis Brodeur.
Hedberg should get quite a few games this season, but once again it remains to be seen if this will actually happen.
Posted Image
FREE ScottStevens4!

#11 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

Wow Johny Mac does have some balls left. Good for him.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#12 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

But… but Marty is hot now, we have to ride him while he is hot. Then we play him so he can out of his funk

#13 ungar

ungar

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

Wow Johny Mac does have some balls left. Good for him.

From my observations of the past several coaches, I don't believe MacLean has the authority not to play Brodeur. In fact, I believe Lou puts other conditions on the Head Coach(s).
I recall Brent Mutter saying after being knocked out early in the Playoff, that he believed Brodeur was tired. In retrospect, it seems he wanted to rest Brodeur but was prevented from doing so by Lou.
Either Lou called this start, or Martin told MacLean he wanted to sit the next game out.

Edited by ungar, 22 October 2010 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image
FREE ScottStevens4!

#14 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

In retrospect, it seems he wanted to rest Brodeur but was prevented from doing so by Lou.

You also believe in the 9/11 conspiracy

#15 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

From my observations of the past several coaches, I don't believe MacLean has the authority not to play Brodeur. In fact, I believe Lou puts other conditions on the Head Coach(s).
I recall Brent Mutter saying after being knocked out early in the Playoff, that he believed Brodeur was tired. In retrospect, it seems he wanted to rest Brodeur but was prevented from doing so by Lou.
Either Lou called this start, or Martin told MacLean he wanted to sit the next game out.

unless I am misremebering, basically every coach has said it's been the goalie coach that has mostly called the shots of when to rest Marty.
Joe

#16 ungar

ungar

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

unless I am misremebering, basically every coach has said it's been the goalie coach that has mostly called the shots of when to rest Marty.

If that was true, then every Goaltending Coach has the power to override the wishes of the Head Coach.
It was said by Jacques Lemaire last season, that Martin Brodeur would let him know when he wanted to rest.

Edited by ungar, 22 October 2010 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image
FREE ScottStevens4!

#17 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Posted ImageThe 9/11 conspiracy theorist thinks there's a conspiracy within the Devils to take power over Marty away from the head coach.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#18 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

hopefully we get the MOOOOOOOOSE chants started at the Rock or my signature is worthless hah

#19 ungar

ungar

Prospect

• Suspended
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

You also believe in the 9/11 conspiracy

I'm not sure what "the 9/11 conspiracy" is that you are referring to.
According to government, the attacks were masterminded and implemented by a conspiracy of 19 extremist Muslims. So, in order to believe the official government story, you must believe in a conspiracy.
I don't promote any theories, just that the facts indicate that the official story cannot be the truth, and that there is a need for another investigation.
I'm not sure what your problem is.

Posted ImageThe 9/11 conspiracy theorist thinks there's a conspiracy within the Devils to take power over Marty away from the head coach.

No, the Head Coach never had the power to sit Brodeur under Lou Lamoriello.
I just told you of two former head coaches who confirm this.

Edited by ungar, 22 October 2010 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image
FREE ScottStevens4!

#20 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Lets please not start THAT^^^argument. Once you get a conspiracy theorist started, they won't ever shut up....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users