181 replies to this topic

#121 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Well if we put up an O'fer out west, it will be tough to climb back.
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#122 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

It's still early. If you lose 6 of 8 in the middle of the season everyone says its a slump, if you lose 6 of 8 to start the year, everyone says the team sucks this year. Hopefully we are slumping at the beginning instead of the middle of the year.

Not a chance...this team sucks...sugar coat it all you want....the vets are old and slow....and the kids are Clueless....its over folks...our best years are now behind us...kovy or NOT.

Edited by hit the post, 23 October 2010 - 08:41 PM.

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#123 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

Well this sucks but it's only regular season. From what I have read here the years, regualr season doesn't mean jack. That tune sure tends to change when you can't win on a regular basis.

The cap issue was going to force Lou's hand so I guess we might not have had Salvador to begin with, but his injury along with Volchenkov's are really hurting this team big time. Moose struggled tonight, especially on that first goal, but he didn't get any help out there, much like what has been going on for the majority of the season thus far. The team is in shambles in their own end, and that goes for the defense as well as the forwards. White and Taormina have been very good and I liked what OMG had done these last two games but thats about it on defense. Tallinder has been the worst of the bunch by far. Whatever the case, they need to do a much better job in the defenseive and neutral zones and then work from there.

I wouldn't say I'm "concerned" at this point. It's still pretty early, but they need to get their acts together fast. This holde can get deeper real quick.

Edited by Sickman, 23 October 2010 - 08:47 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#124 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

we could really use volchenkov and salvador. i really pulled for corrente but he hasn't stepped up at all.

forget about this one and let's get ready for the rags tomorrow.

and i'd really like to know what's going on with kovy.

Edited by xxchaznjxx, 23 October 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#125 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

Let's see how many fans will start dropping off the bandwagon

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#126 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

we could really use volchenkov and salvador. i really pulled for corrente but he hasn't stepped up at all.

forget about this one and let's get ready for the rags tomorrow.

and i'd really like to know what's going on with kovy.

Least some people arent all doom and gloomy.

Edited by RizzMB30, 23 October 2010 - 08:56 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#127 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:55 PM

I haven't really noticed a bandwagon movement picking up this offseason.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#128 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

Less of a bandwagon and more of a mass bridge-jumping suicide.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#129 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

I haven't really noticed a bandwagon movement picking up this offseason.

Someone stole the wheels from it when the team was in Washington 2 weeks ago.

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#130 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

My God, Corrente is fvcking awful. How many years in the system and he is still making plays like that? Not trying to pick on th kid but he's just a hot mess out there. I guess it was pretty obvious when he was passed on the depth chart, but yeah, he has zero future here.

Oh my god, same with Tallinder, and what is up with Volchenkov sore neck or is there something more to this. I said it before it is like there is a cancer in the locker room and yes it starts with the coach but in my opinion I think we need to pull the C from Langen-Idontcareaboutthisteamanymore...

Just heard that Johnny Mac addressed the media and said he decided not to dress Kovy It's between him and I???? what the hell does that mean. Lou needs to get the trades over with if he can and we need a new captain! Give the C to Zack.

I am going to get drunk, I hope they show up for the Rangers tomorrow!

Edited by Devs1965, 23 October 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#131 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

Oh my god, same with Tallinder, and what is up with Volchenkov sore neck or is there something more to this. I said it before it is like there is a cancer in the locker room and yes it starts with the coach but in my opinion I think we need to pull the C from Langen-Idontcareaboutthisteamanymore...

Just heard that Johnny Mac addressed the media and said he decided not to dress Kovy It's between him and I???? what the hell does that mean. Lou needs to get the trades over with if he can and we need a new captain! Give the C to Zack.

I'm convinced Volchenkov has a concussion. I mentioned it during that game thread that it wasn't a good sign how he was helped off teh ice and never returned. The shot was full on into his face. broken nose or not, he would have been back by now if it wasn't something serious.

As for MacLean, I just heard about that as well. Gotta say I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think it was possible he was just scratched but this doesn't sound good. Kovy was a big fan of Lemaire so maybe he has some issues with Mac's coaching thus far? Who knows.

#132 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

I agree on Volchenkov. I feel like a broken nose is not so bad, and Pelley tonight is an example of that. Given that report, I was suprised he didn't return that night, and to imagine he's been gone this whole time is a dead giveaway.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#133 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:19 PM

I'm convinced Volchenkov has a concussion. I mentioned it during that game thread that it wasn't a good sign how he was helped off teh ice and never returned. The shot was full on into his face. broken nose or not, he would have been back by now if it wasn't something serious.

As for MacLean, I just heard about that as well. Gotta say I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think it was possible he was just scratched but this doesn't sound good. Kovy was a big fan of Lemaire so maybe he has some issues with Mac's coaching thus far? Who knows.

Coach Mac also would not commit to him playing against the Rangers either, you can't have a player making that much money sitting out games. Lou needs to step in and resolve this. I think your right about Volchenkov it has to be a something more.

#134 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Some of the players are playing like crap. At least 3 goals are the result of terrible plays by D, complete sh-it! The first goal was a softy on Moose I thought. So that makes the game 2-1 loss. Miller did stand on his head. Had he not, we could have taken this game..

I saw Langs trying hard at times tonight.

Clarkson from what I saw was showing heart and had at least two scoring chances that almost made, ugh so close!! I like Mair also...

Zubs and Parise I do not need to say anything about, they always play hard.

Need Salvador, Vol back quick!

As the norm the refs failed to blow the whistle if a penalty should have been called in the Devils favor...

Coach Mac also would not commit to him playing against the Rangers either, you can't have a player making that much money sitting out games. Lou needs to step in and resolve this. I think your right about Volchenkov it has to be a something more.

Put Kovy on LW and let him play tomorrow! :pray:

Either that or we are trading him for 5 players :blahblah: :whistling:

Edited by Dead, 23 October 2010 - 09:35 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

If Kovalchuk is scratched again tomorrow, I'll dance a jig naked in the middle of Times Square. Johnny Mac 'aint got balls THAT big. And Re: Volchenkov- you don't miss 2 weeks with a stiff fvcking neck. Just like Stevens had the flu, right Lou? Volchenkov is as concussed as the day is long.

Edited by MadDog2020, 23 October 2010 - 09:31 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

scratching Kovalchuk tonight was asinine, benching him tomorrow is moronic
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#137 H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

i'd trade parise for a real d-man. No joke I see him as this generation Shanny destined to do great things with another franchise.
Posted Image

#138 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Parise is awesome! He was D and O when he was on the ice today at the same time.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#139 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

If Kovalchuk is scratched again tomorrow, I'll dance a jig naked in the middle of Times Square. Johnny Mac 'aint got balls THAT big. And Re: Volchenkov- you don't miss 2 weeks with a stiff fvcking neck. Just like Stevens had the flu, right Lou? Volchenkov is as concussed as the day is long.

I agree I don't think he would have the balls either but what if it is a Kovy thing, He might be pissed on the line he is putting him on? I am just guessing but it seems almost certain there is a problem between him and the coach.
I dont get what the big secrecy about Volchenkov, what do they gain by not telling everyone he has a concussion, I agree it is something more than a stiff neck and a concussion seems to be more realistic but why not just come out and say it?

#140 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

After reading the post-game quotes from JMac, it definitely sounds as if he decided to sit him out, like a benching, opposed to being hurt or having to deal with a family/off-the-ice issue.

As for the game, well, yuck. Hedberg stunk. Miller was really good. That's about it. The advanced stats (Corsi/Fenwick) don't seem to think they played all that bad; the only players to have a Fenwick of -5 or below were Langenbrunner and Arnott. In fact, the shot sheet looks much, much prettier as a whole tonight than it did the other night in Montreal. However the zone starts sheet has a ton of defensive zone faceoffs, and I don't think that's good.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users