Photo

Does Johnny Mac get fired if we get embarrassed by the Rags tommorrow?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Johnny Mac get fired if we get embarrassed by the Rags tommorrow? (101 member(s) have cast votes)

JMac fired after bad loss to Rangers?

1. Yes (23 votes [22.77%])

Percentage of vote: 22.77%

2. No (78 votes [77.23%])

Percentage of vote: 77.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

What does everyone think? The team just looks like it's quitting. If he can't fire up the troops to play hard tomorrow night, maybe it's time to cut bait.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

Nah I think eight games is too soon to fire a coach.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Nah I think eight games is too soon to fire a coach.

It's how they're losing that makes the difference. We're starting to be one of those teams that others look forward to playing, and not because it's a challenge.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#4 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Is this poll about us thinking LOU will fire JMac if we lose badly to the Rangers or about US wanting Lou to fire JMac?

I voted no, because I doubt the gets the axe so quickly (and he shouldn't). It's still a bit early, although he should definitely feel Lou's breath on his neck and if things don't improve very quickly, there will be changes. With a team stocked like this and in a "win now" mode, I don't think it was a smart idea to hire a rookie coach.

Edited by Revan, 23 October 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Is this poll about us thinking LOU will fire JMac if we lose badly to the Rangers or about US wanting Lou to fire JMac?

I voted no, because I doubt the gets the axe so quickly (and he shouldn't). It's still a bit early, although he should definitely feel Lou's breath on his neck and if things don't improve very quickly, there will be changes. With a team stocked like this and in a "win now" mode, I don't think it was a smart idea to hire a rookie coach.

I think it's because he's a rookie coach that he won't get any slack for this awful a start, especially given money spent this offseason.
Posted Image

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:40 PM

I think if this keeps up he will get fired
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Allthegoodnamesweretaken

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

If this team is still losing come middle of November I think he gets canned. I voted yes though cause I was not feeling the Johnny Mac coach hiring. Most of this team has already heard what Mac has to say as an assistant.

#8 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:45 PM

No. Start firing the veteran players that have gone through 20 coaches in the last few years.

#9 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

No. Start firing the veteran players that have gone through 20 coaches in the last few years.

Amen to that, Langs is first on my list.
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#10 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,980 posts

No.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#11 jkrdevil

jkrdevil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

A trade will happen first.

#12 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

Fired for what?
He's coaching a team that's half rookies and half bad contracts.
No.
Posted Image

#13 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

Fired for what?
He's coaching a team that's half rookies and half bad contracts.
No.

Stop...he's got a roster that should be top in the conference. Hopefully either mac is gone ina a week or a major shakeup happens. For all the bs that lou spits year after year about nothing mattering other than a cup...well his team is certainly showing its worth.

#14 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

They've all been pretty fat and lazy so far, he can't make them skate to their checks.
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#15 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

It's not too early to fire any coach...so that argument is out the window.

The question is, should he be fired and that's debatable.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#16 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

Stop...he's got a roster that should be top in the conference. Hopefully either mac is gone ina a week or a major shakeup happens. For all the bs that lou spits year after year about nothing mattering other than a cup...well his team is certainly showing its worth.

No doubt Jmac takes some blame. He has some talent for sure. But no Volchenkov, no Salvador and no cap room means some blueliners that should be in the minors. And Elias, Rolston, Zubrus(although I like his style of play) and others have been playing below there cap hit before Maclean showed up...

Hopefully they can pull out of it but maybe a shekeup is needed.
Posted Image

#17 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

No doubt Jmac takes some blame. He has some talent for sure. But no Volchenkov, no Salvador and no cap room means some blueliners that should be in the minors. And Elias, Rolston, Zubrus(although I like his style of play) and others have been playing below there cap hit before Maclean showed up...

Hopefully they can pull out of it but maybe a shekeup is needed.

Elias and Rolston are now playing above their cap hit?
Short of blind passes to no one or a falling Clarkson Elias has been invisible....
Rolston is tougher to tell as he's hurt.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,926 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

This, X 100. I've had it with these a$$hole vets doing nothing but collect paychecks. I'm looking at you Langenbrunner.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#19 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Time to throw this back out there:

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#20 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Elias and Rolston are now playing above their cap hit?
Short of blind passes to no one or a falling Clarkson Elias has been invisible....
Rolston is tougher to tell as he's hurt.

No they are still playing below it. They are playing terrible. I'm just saying you can't blame Maclean for those guys sucking, because they haven't been right for a while.
Yes unfair to blame Rolston. He actually looked like he was coming around before the injury.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users