313 replies to this topic

#301 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

A potential 50 goal and 100 point hometown guy for 2 picks and a d-man? It's not entirely lol, as you put it.

parise is unlikely to ever reach those marks, and he's 1 year away from being paid at market, and 2 years away from UFA. you want minnesota to give up its best defenseman and 2 1st round picks for this? yeah.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#302 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

A potential 50 goal and 100 point hometown guy for 2 picks and a d-man? It's not entirely lol, as you put it.

As good as Parise is, do you really think he is a 50-goal 100-point guy? I see him always in the 35-45 goal range at about 80-95 point range. Good numbers, but IDK I just do not see him like that. At least not in our system, perhaps you are correct if he plays on a different team (which I hope never happens).

#303 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

If I'm Minnesota, I make that trade in one second. Meanwhile, we can all cry in our beer as the Devils try to build a team with Kovalchuk as a foundation. That's frightening.

But as some have worried, the Devils may eventually lose Parise anyway if he doesn't choose to sign here long-term.

I doubt that we'll lose him to an offer sheet next year. That seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

#304 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

parise is unlikely to ever reach those marks, and he's 1 year away from being paid at market, and 2 years away from UFA. you want minnesota to give up its best defenseman and 2 1st round picks for this? yeah.

Not if Minny through back channels know Parise would sign a mega deal. You know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

#305 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Even if Parise never reaches 50 goals or 100 points, I'd still make that trade in a second if I were Minny. He's more than worth a good defenseman and two first round picks.

#306 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,889 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

Not if Minny through back channels know Parise would sign a mega deal. You know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

how about holding on to the picks and brent burns and signing him to a mega deal in 2012? you know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

jerry,

it's a bad move, bottom line. dumb. a waste of picks, and why would you give up your best defenseman as well?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#307 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

A major reason our offense is so bad is the defense is worse! We cant break out of our zone properly.

The current crop of D is the worst ive ever seen following this team.

#308 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

I don't have my head in the sand. A better saying would be that most people here are running around with their heads cut off. Everyone is looking at the record and the 9 games and are throwing out every bit of logical thinking. There are reasons why we were all so optimistic this offseason and those reasons haven't changed. If this team continues on this path for an extended period of time I will gladly eat my words, but it's simply not logical to think that this will continue.

Again, it isn't just about nine games...it's about this team's overall lackadasical play since the beginning of January. They have like 23 wins in their last 56 games and clearly what happened to the team last year has carried over. I don't care what HOI says they have WAY too much talent to be a .400 team and it's no longer a 'small size sample' either, that's 2/3rds of a full season. Not to mention this trip will almost certainly put us further in the hole, that's ratcheted up the concern.

Obviously firing the coach didn't help one iota, something else needs to give and fast before this season gets beyond repair a la Carolina last year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#309 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

how about holding on to the picks and brent burns and signing him to a mega deal in 2012? you know, not like that team has a good relationship with JP.

jerry,

it's a bad move, bottom line. dumb. a waste of picks, and why would you give up your best defenseman as well?

How about this. Why would the Devils give up their franchise player for a talented but injury-prone defenseman and two picks?

#310 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

As good as Parise is, do you really think he is a 50-goal 100-point guy? I see him always in the 35-45 goal range at about 80-95 point range. Good numbers, but IDK I just do not see him like that. At least not in our system, perhaps you are correct if he plays on a different team (which I hope never happens).

Yeah, I think he's gonna for the most part stay in the point range you mentioned, however it's possible for him to get bigger numbers in the right situation. He has a high of 46 goals and 94 points, so there's the potential. But like you, I hope he never leaves. I was just pointing out that getting a big return on him isn't at all impossible.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#311 Found

Found

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

A major reason our offense is so bad is the defense is worse! We cant break out of our zone properly.

The current crop of D is the worst ive ever seen following this team.

Agreed.. I was watching an interview with MacLean and Elias and it sounds like they think this too.. http://video.msg.com...o-Rangers-10-24

Edited by Found, 25 October 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#312 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

We need to shore up our D and I got just the guy: Ken Klee!

KLEEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#313 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

Only Positive things that came out of this game was:

Brodeur Saves and form and that beauty of a hit on Dubinsky from Corrente
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#314 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

We need to shore up our D and I got just the guy: Ken Klee!

KLEEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

lol, my HUT in NHL '11 is named after Ken Klee.

Klee works great as a team name.

Edited by maxpower, 26 October 2010 - 12:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)