#21 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Sickman, I believe the problem (besides all the new faces) is that the Kovalchuk cap fiasco and the resulting focus on who was going to be traded to create cap room was devastating to the players' morale. And I continue to believe that Lamoriello didn't want to do what the team did to get Kovalchuk. This team has been poisoned from the top down, basically. This is a bad situation for a first-year coach. John MacLean, an important player in the history of this franchise, is getting quite the raw deal. I'm sad about it.

#23 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

Sickman, I believe the problem (besides all the new faces) is that the Kovalchuk cap fiasco and the resulting focus on who was going to be traded to create cap room was devastating to the players' morale. And I continue to believe that Lamoriello didn't want to do what the team did to get Kovalchuk. This team has been poisoned from the top down, basically. This is a bad situation for a first-year coach. John MacLean, an important player in the history of this franchise, is getting quite the raw deal. I'm sad about it.

I agree about Mac and it's pretty fvcked up tbh. He is in way over his head and it's through no fault of his own. It's hard enough when you're just a rookie getting your first shot at something, but to have to work with a team surrounded with this much drama is just asking way too much from him.

It's hard to say what is really going on in the locker room. The cap situation and the bending over for Kovy probably have a lot of people butt hurt but who knows? They will all get paid one way or another so who really knows how much of a distraction it is. To me, it's just a mixture of things. Aging vets who are paid well and really have nothing left to prove, young players who are either not NHL quality or not ready enough, boat loads of negativity surrounding the franchise, rookie coach, injuries....the list goes on and on.

From watching these games so far I can honestly say I have no idea wtf is going on? I really don't see any type of system and I just don't understand what the plan is out there. There are moments when the team is playing like a unit but for the most part it's just total chaos out there. Is it the coach not knowing what he is doing or is it the players not buying in and following directions?

I think you can wipe the slate clean starting today. The season basically starts tonight. They either buy in and pull together over this road trip and turn this around, or they continue to flounder and this sh!t goes totally off the rails. It can go either way imo.

Edited by Sickman, 24 October 2010 - 11:05 AM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#24 AlienDev

AlienDev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

There's bad karma in our Rock right now, so I am pretty glad we are on the road for the next 2 weeks.

In fact, I don't even want to think more about yesterday.

We need the team that dominated the Canadiens to show up again tonight. Marty - show them who's the boss in goal. Kovy - I want you terrorizing some Rag D tonight and lighting it up for your team. Preferably from your favorite left wing too, for God's sake. Keep the Z-Z-Z line together and let them get some chemistry. Defense - just play a simple game please. No horrible cross-ice passes to get intercepted. By all means push up and play 5-man hockey, but take responsibility.

I hate the place that this team in in right now, but chop my arms off and I'd bleed Devils Red and Black. Let's go Devils. You can't have a better opponent to start this season again than the Rags in their own house. Silence it please, and get the win.
Posted Image

#25 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!" Now WIN no matter what!! fvck THE RANGER$!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#26 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

Please win this one. :pray:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

I fear this game. That being said, I'm a Devils fan through and through, for better and for worse. So I'm going to watch tonight, even if it gets ugly quick. LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

Wonderif Kovy's playing :rolleyes:

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

Wonderif Kovy's playing :rolleyes:

If he doesn't we can all say hi to the new coach tomorrow...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 Jrzy44

Jrzy44

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

well looks like zharkov has been called up

10/23/2010 Vladimir Zharkov (RW) Albany DEL Recalled from loan by New Jersey (NHL)

AHL transactions

#31 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

If kovys not playing its def a personal issue and not jmac being a moron

#32 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

well looks like zharkov has been called up

10/23/2010 Vladimir Zharkov (RW) Albany DEL Recalled from loan by New Jersey (NHL)

AHL transactions

So they are putting Kovy back at Left Wing? Zharkov is a RW :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#33 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

I'm mostly just posting here for good juju. Truth of the matter is, I'll be at the Rock enjoying the Muse concert, and probably won't even try to find out the score of the game 'til after I get home.

But, I think I've posted in the GDT's for both wins, so, what the hey.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#34 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

that's an error on the AHL page. should be Vasyunov. that call was made yesterday, not today

#35 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Last time I posted in GDT (vs Habs) we won so I hope that I got the lucky keyboard or fingers or whatever.

LETS GO DEVILS.PLEASE STOP LOOSING GAMES, OUR ASSES ARE STARTING TO HURT BY THESE 6-1 AND 7-2 GAMES :)

Edited by SS-SS, 24 October 2010 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#36 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

Just win devils just win

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#37 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

Rangers suck.

Go Devils.

#38 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Rangers suck!
:gd:

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#39 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

If Kovy play, he will score 4 goal and the devils will win 6-0...

#40 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Kovy is playing tonight, per TG.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users