7 replies to this topic

#1 3Rings4NJ

3Rings4NJ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Coming into the season I thought Volchenkov would be just as big of a key to the season as getting Kovalchuk would be, he isn't the only reason we are struggling, but sure is a piece of the puzzle.

What is his estimated time of return? He had a broken nose, correct? Was it an extra serious one or something?
Posted Image Of West coast Devil fans!

#2 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,025 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:18 PM

I was going to ask the same thing. I mean, not for nothing, but he is our #1 defenseman. So, y'know, it kinda helps when we get him back.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

I think the last update is that he should start skating soon but he isn't initially traveling with the team for the trip. Whether that means he won't play any of the games on the trip or there may be an option for him to meet the team during the trip I don't know.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

He has a broken nose and a stiff neck apparently. He saw the teams doctor Tuesday afternoon and still remains "status quo" -Lou

He has begun working out off ice though.

I do know, from back in highschool, I pulled a neck muscle during the hockey season and couldnt even turn to look either way. My head was cocked to the side and I couldnt even straighten in. So if that is anything like A-Train has, I fully understand why a stiff neck would keep you out for this amount of time.

I would say hell be back around mid November if not sooner.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#5 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I saw somewhere earlier today that he is scheduled to resume on-ice workouts soon, but he isn't accompanying the team. I'd say a safe bet is right after the road trip.

#6 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

I don't think we are getting the truth regarding his condition.

#7 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Lamoriello on Volchenkov: “He felt pretty good. He was working out off the ice. He’s been getting back in shape, so we’ll see.”
half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Devils D Anton Volchenkov (stiff neck, broken nose) has skated the last two days in NJ -- his first times on the ice since Oct. 9.
4 minutes ago via TweetDec

http://twitter.com/TGfireandice

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#8 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

That's great it takes three days to find out he's skating. It was probably at 3 am with police surrounding the building.

TG also thinks he could join the Devils out West.

I'm going to bother him now til he tells us he has no idea where Zharkov is and he'll try to find out and then tell us weeks later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users