584 replies to this topic

#561 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

Never thought I would see the day where the Nets would look better than the Devils. At least we have one winning franchise in our building

#562 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

i don't think we can say what our defense is going to be like until salvador and volchenkov are back. you can pair them with greene and tao and let tallinder/white pair up. i'm not saying that's the answer to all the woes but let's see how our defense looks without the rookies.

does anyone know anyhting about salvador's return?

#563 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

they are now the worst team in hockey.
only good news for them is its only october, and its better to get to losing out now then to start losing a month before playoffs. while their are plently of doubters, i still believe theyll turn this around and make at least 8th to get in the playoffs

#564 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

btw 39 shots against last night, an easy hat trick for Thornton...anyone still think this defense is 'above average'?

Who on earth, at any stage, called this sh!tfest of a defense 'above average'???!! I refuse to believe anyone at anytime uttered such an inaccuracy.

#565 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

i don't think we can say what our defense is going to be like until salvador and volchenkov are back. you can pair them with greene and tao and let tallinder/white pair up. i'm not saying that's the answer to all the woes but let's see how our defense looks without the rookies.

does anyone know anyhting about salvador's return?

No you can't. Because of the cap, I don't think we can afford both in the line-up. Didn't we just have 15 skaters against Pittsburgh because of this issue?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#566 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Who on earth, at any stage, called this sh!tfest of a defense 'above average'???!! I refuse to believe anyone at anytime uttered such an inaccuracy.

After the Kovy signing, I called our defense, "one of the worst in the league" and was told by everyone on these boards that "our defense was great, and was better than last years Jennings Trophy team". oops.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#567 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

No you can't. Because of the cap, I don't think we can afford both in the line-up. Didn't we just have 15 skaters against Pittsburgh because of this issue?

i believe that while rolston is out these two can be brought in to play. the problem will be when rolston returns.

#568 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

It's not like there are a whole bunch of players on the roster right now who are absolutely necessary to keep. Josefson, Sestito, Corrente, these guys can be sent down. Bury Langs somewhere, anywhere and we're good to go.

#569 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

Whether it's age, injury, or lack of interest; some of our forwards just seem a step slow.
Elias and Langs in particular just keep getting beat in our zone, the neutral zone - hell, they aren't even getting to rebounds like the used to.

It's hard to watch - almost like "Old Yeller". It's fun at times, but really sad because you know the end is coming for something that you loved for a long time.
Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#570 Motor City Devil

Motor City Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

** Double Post ** Deleted (sorry)

Edited by Motor City Devil, 28 October 2010 - 10:55 AM.

Re-educating Wings fans since 1995.

#571 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

They are stepping slow because they are lacking confidence. They all feel that they have tried everything and the puck just isnt going their way. They are just going to bomb the puck off the blue line because they know that going in the zone isnt going to do anything.

Us as fans need to show them that they can do this and we are still here to cheer them on. Fans are a big thing for teams and players. We can do alot for their overall moral.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#572 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

One thing is for sure, we need more activity in the neutral zone. It was so easy for the Sharks players to play in the neutral zone last night it was almost wide open.

#573 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

i believe that while rolston is out these two can be brought in to play. the problem will be when rolston returns.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand Salvadors money isn't applied to the cap now either because he is on IR. Once he is activated I believe this leaves us with even less space.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#574 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

We just gotta sign Forsberg, then we'll have the 06/07 Flyers.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#575 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,875 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:25 AM

Look at the end of the Ranger game thread, there was at least one making the case that since we were 'only' 14th in shots allowed that we were an above average defense. Too bad that 39 shot game last night jacked up the average :P

After the Kovy signing, I called our defense, "one of the worst in the league" and was told by everyone on these boards that "our defense was great, and was better than last years Jennings Trophy team". oops.

Talentwise it really should be...but who could have forseen Volchenkov and Salvador playing four periods combined between them, or Tallinder turning into the second coming of McGillis or Greene being a total first-half fraud? I shudder to think how bad it would be if Taormina hadn't come out of nowhere.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 28 October 2010 - 11:30 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#576 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

That was with Volchenkov and Salvador inserted in and overrated rookies removed.

Look at the end of the Ranger game thread, there was at least one making the case that since we were 'only' 14th in shots allowed that we were an above average defense. Too bad that 39 shot game last night jacked up the average :P

Yeah i remember that. Sad thing is that it sounded just as ludicrous then as it does now.

#577 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

Bury Langs somewhere, anywhere and we're good to go.

Bettman's backyard?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#578 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Well, one thing is clear the Devils are the "Talk of the Town" across the NHL.

Unfortunately it's sad talk...

Frankly, I wondering if all those Botox and Collagen Injections Jeff Vanderbeek receives to his face... has gone to his Brain!

#579 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Bettman's backyard?

You have to dig up and move the suitcases of money first.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#580 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

Trade Langs to Minnesota for John Madden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users