69 replies to this topic

#21 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Pahaha, I thought that was a joke when I read it until I actually looked it up. Wow.

Ah, gotta love The World's Most Famous Dump.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

To say they are "still not coming close to the playoffs" shows that you do not know much about NBA basketball. Especially playing in the Eastern Conference; I believe the Nets will make it. If they don't, they will be in the hunt late in the season for sure.

I'd like to think I know a lot about the NBA. The East definitely isn't very strong after the top 5 or 6 so anything is possible, but my opinion stands that the Nets won't be in the playoffs and it won't be very close at the end of the year. I wish them well though.

Edited by devilsrule33, 02 November 2010 - 02:22 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#23 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

And it was asbestos....looks like they need those Garden renovations BADLY

in addition wasnt the food they sold there too like the worst in the country (based on a previous post months ago)

#24 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

Maybe Thursday's rags game will be canceled as well?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

Maybe Thursday's rags game will be canceled as well?

That game is going to spark our turnaround....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#26 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Nets have dropped 4 straight, but its hard to really expect much when 3 of those games were against conference powerhouses Miami and Orlando. That loss to the Bobcats earlier in the week was the killer, especially considering they were up 8 to 10 points with a few minutes left.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Courtside tickets tonight! FO FREE! Friends dad was offered them through work. I'll post back later, I've never been a big basketball fan other than those Martin - era nets teams but this should be an awesome experience.

#28 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

Also its going to feel soooo weird walking up to the rock for anything but a devils game.

#29 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5920357

The New Jersey Nets agreed to trade Terrence Williams to the Houston Rockets in a three-way deal that will land them Los Angeles Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic and a pair of first-round draft picks, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

The acquisition of the two first-round picks now gives the Nets a total of five first-rounders over the next two seasons. Aside from their own 2011 and 2012 firsts, New Jersey also has the Golden State Warriors' lottery-protected 2011 first-round pick, which was acquired in the Marcus Williams trade back in 2008.

I know nothing when it comes to basketball but this has to be good for the Nets...get more picks, get rid of a head ache that seemed like he was no longer in their long term plans, and get the guy who is engaged to Sharapova haha!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#30 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

T-Will has a ton of talent. Hes just a major headcase and the Nets got sick of him.

Doesn't sound like a great deal though, unless they can spin some of these newly acquired assets off for Carmelo Anthony or some other big name.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#31 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

T-Will has a ton of talent. Hes just a major headcase and the Nets got sick of him.

Doesn't sound like a great deal though, unless they can spin some of these newly acquired assets off for Carmelo Anthony or some other big name.

Doesn't Anthony only want to play for the Knicks?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#32 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Doesn't Anthony only want to play for the Knicks?

That's what I've read. If you can't spin off those picks plus the players (Favors+), it makes this T-Will deal look pretty bleh.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#33 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

TWill was never gonna play, so this seems like a pretty decent return. You can never have too many draft picks.

If I remember correctly, Melo said he will only sign an extension with the Knicks, so he wouldn't necessarily be opposed to just playing this season with NJ. It's the Nets that don't want him unless he signs the extension. Who can blame them, they're not exactly gonna win the championship this year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

Rumors are that Carmelo just got traded to the Nets

Per Denver ABC Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/DenverChannel/status/14906028298608640

Hope its true. Got great seats for Thursday night and I imagine if they get a deal done quick (needs to sign long term before its done apparently) it may be his debut lol

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

Only place thats saying theres a deal is the Denver ABC affiliate, everywhere else is saying its bullsh!t.

#36 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

what time is 10pm denver time in jersey? i wanna hear what they say about it, with the 'full report'

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#37 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

what time is 10pm denver time in jersey? i wanna hear what they say about it, with the 'full report'

10pm Mountain/12am Eastern. Its roughly an hour ago.

ESPN has nothing, but ABC hasnt retracted.

#38 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:28 AM

More news:

http://nbcsports.msn...ts-player_news/

Denver's Channel 7 kicked off an Internet firestorm when they reported that the Nuggets and Nets "agreed to terms" on a trade for Carmelo Anthony, but those reports have been thoroughly denied by the Nuggets and Anthony, and most reputable NBA insiders are saying there is no such deal in place.

Rotoworld contacted Channel 7 for comment and they stood by their report, so it will be interesting to see how they wiggle out of this one. Chances are they won't, and even if there was the framework of a deal discussed, the key piece is Melo's acceptance of an extension which is far from a done deal. Melo will be in uniform when the Nuggets play the Spurs on Thursday.

#39 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

Interesting... I'm sure its just bad reporting, but would definitely love it if it happened. That would show the new ownership and management actually cares about winning.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Interesting... I'm sure its just bad reporting, but would definitely love it if it happened. That would show the new ownership and management actually cares about winning.

Or at least just getting asses in the seats.

I was hoping it was happening just because Im going on Thursday and the game is not very tantalizing at the moment since Wall probably isnt even going to play. It'd have been sweet if it was Melo's NJ debut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users