6 replies to this topic

#1 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:04 AM

What happened to Hasan's recaps? Fyi...not the board.

Edited by Derek21, 28 October 2010 - 03:05 AM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

We were having an issue with his feed a while ago, I don't know if that was ever fixed on the websites side.

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

Oops, I went and fixed it earlier today and forgot to post back. :P

This will probably interest no one but Derek and DM, but here goes:

DM's right, we'd been having problems getting a feed from BoNY ever since you moved back to Blogspot. Well, today I looked into it again and I did manage to pull a feed, but it doesn't contain the full articles, just the first little bit. Still, better than nothing, and the board's RSS importer adds a link back to BoNY so you can read the whole thing if you want, so that works out.

Another issue was, even after I managed to wrestle a feed out of the site, I discovered that Blogger does not support the single-author feeds that we prefer. The last time we let the full BoNY feed through, there was practically a mutiny over the fact that Rangers articles were being posted, so I knew I had to do something about that. After wasting some time fiddling with Feedburner and generally beating the crap out of Google, I (re)discovered Yahoo Pipes, which is a powerful tool for all sorts of data manipulation. After some tooling around, I finally got Pipes to work (for a while it insisted upon not including the article content, only the titles), so now Hasan's recaps should be showing up. :)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Whew nice job!

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Are you guys having a similar issue with ItB? I've noticed out stories stopped appearing. Wasn't gonna mention it, but since the we're sorta on the topic... :whistling:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

Looks like the feed URLs changed and the board didn't like the redirect. Fixed now. :)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#7 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Thanks a lot Rowdy. I had no idea. I can't say it shocks me. Maybe we need a new server.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users