55 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

As nutty as EVERYTHING else has been this year.... how does THIS happen???? Seriously??? :blink:

http://sports.yahoo....eams/was/report

"At the end of the game, with Rex knowing how to run the two-minute offense, I felt with the time (left) and no timeouts, he gave us the best chance to win," explained Mike Shanahan, who said that McNabb remains the starter. "The terminology, it puts a lot of pressure on the quarterback. Everything is sped up when.you don't have timeouts. It's gotta come automatic. You gotta call a couple plays at the line. You can't think, you gotta react."

Rex Grossman can't run a Madden 2011 drill better!!!!!!!

I'm still wondering if Shanahan was hiding an injury to McNabb...he does tend to get Lou-ish when it comes to injuries (he 'benched' Torain at the end of a game like a week ago then it came out later he was hurt). Because the alternative...is either Rich Kotite-like stupidity or David Stern-like arrogance and I'd put my money on the latter, especially with the over-the-top way he handled the Haynesworth thing. How does Grossman know the two-minute drill better, he's been there eight games just like McNabb!
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

I think the Pats are also catching a LOT of teams at the right time too.....that helps.....

Any team that signs Moss next year is idiotic.... he turned on the Pats... and THREE WEEKS LATER he wants off the sinking Vikings ship.... say what you want about Owens, least he always puts the effort on the field and wants to win.... I question that openly on Moss now......

Like I said, they're 6-1, and they've done what they had to to win, but Pittsburgh, Indy, and the Jets are going to go a long way toward telling us what the Pats really are. No one can fairly say what they are yet...they've shown some improvement on D, but if the Steelers and Colts eat them up, I can't be a big believer in them, even if the Pats somehow snag a #1 or #2 seed...I think either team, and the Jets as well, could go into NE and win.

Agree on Moss...after last season I really wanted him cut...it's sad that NOW he recognizes that it was BB and the Pats who resurrected what some thought was a dying career, and that he had it pretty damn good in a Patriot uniform. If he had realized that earlier, maybe he wouldn't have turned back into the Randy Moss that tries only when he feels like it and has more memorable performances in post-game conferences than on the field. It's funny...the more I look at it the more it's easy to see why he played so hard and so well in 2007...no adversity whatsoever. As soon as any adversity comes into the equation, the giving up on Moss' part begins.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

I'm still wondering if Shanahan was hiding an injury to McNabb...he does tend to get Lou-ish when it comes to injuries (he 'benched' Torain at the end of a game like a week ago then it came out later he was hurt). Because the alternative...is either Rich Kotite-like stupidity or David Stern-like arrogance and I'd put my money on the latter, especially with the over-the-top way he handled the Haynesworth thing. How does Grossman know the two-minute drill better, he's been there eight games just like McNabb!

The "story" is that Rex was the backup QB in Houston last year where the current OC is from and that's the excuse behind it.... I admit every time I turned around to see that game McNabb was gettin McPummelled and it might have been for his own good.... but you don't bench the guy you brought into be the guy for a guy who turns over the clipboard on the sidelines!!!

Almost makes me glad Shanny's not coaching the Cowboys... it really is like benching Dumbo for Kitna :P

(on a side note how long before Kitna gets told to rot and it's Tita McGee time in Dallas :lol:.... Cowboys/Lions... BRING IT ON!!!!!!)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

How about Randy Moss getting cut?

#25 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Him getting cut isn't the big thing (although I did check to make sure you weren't pranking us...), it's who's willing to take a shot with him that is intriguing. If I'm a fringe contender, do I risk it? I'm looking at you, WAS, JAC, and TEN in particular.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

Him getting cut isn't the big thing (although I did check to make sure you weren't pranking us...), it's who's willing to take a shot with him that is intriguing. If I'm a fringe contender, do I risk it? I'm looking at you, WAS, JAC, and TEN in particular.

Indy. :whistling:

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

They really CUT Moss???

Frack me, I'm NEVER trading him in my donation league now!!!!!

How the hell does Moss get cut, while Brett Fraud gets to rip that team in two and get untouched!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

apparently the vikings were upset (supposedly) with moss criticiing the vikings after the game and the fact he was hugging brady and belichek when the game was over

#29 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

That'd be great if the Pats picked him back up off waivers. Free draft pick.

Edited by JesterDevil, 01 November 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

apparently the vikings were upset (supposedly) with moss criticiing the vikings after the game and the fact he was hugging brady and belichek when the game was over

Yeah, although I can't stand him at least Favre doesn't quit on his team like Moss did yesterday and hasn't said how much he loves Green Bay and wants to go back there while wearing a Viking uniform (although somehow I doubt the Vikings would cut him if he - Favre - did do that :P).

That'd be great if the Pats picked him back up off waivers. Free draft pick.

It might also be grounds for a tampering investigation with all the fraternizing Moss did yesterday and lack of effort in the game. If NE doesn't pick him up (and it sounds like he'd take minimum salary at this point to go back there) I'm not sure anyone does really...if you're a young team like St. Louis or Tampa do you want that kind of influence in your locker room? Indy despite their receiver need won't take him because of Polian. San Diego won't even need him in a couple weeks if Vincent Jackson comes back and Floyd eventually comes back too.

Plus from what I've seen of him he's not exactly as dynamic even when he's trying as he was three years ago.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 November 2010 - 03:12 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#31 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

If he got back with the Pats, I think they'd find ways to get him involved.

The one issue is that, apparently, waiver orders are worst to first, so the Pats would be dead LAST to claim him, and knowking the way this season's free agency has gone, I gotta believe the Jets would take him to cockblock the Pats, as well as teams that have real needs at WR (TEN, JAC, WAS, CHI, MAYBE SD, MAYBE Tampa and St. Louis) that are not out of contention will jump on him first. I truly believe that Jack Del Rio sees "Job Saver" flashing before his eyes, and he'll jump on this if it gets to him. He hasn't had a true #1 receiver since Jimmy Smith retired.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

He hasn't had a true #1 receiver since Jimmy Smith retired.

That there is a SAD statement on the Jacksonville WR's.... ever :P

But yeah I can JAX and SD on the desperate list .... Chicago also, since they need someone for Cutler to throw too.....

this is the weirdest year of football I EVER remember

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

At first I thought this was a joke. So the Vikings are going with who at WR? And injured Percy Harvin and friends???

I guess the jokes on Minnesota fans then. There would be no tampering charges if Minny cut him.

I hope he goes back to NE.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

At first I thought this was a joke. So the Vikings are going with who at WR? And injured Percy Harvin and friends???

I guess the jokes on Minnesota fans then. There would be no tampering charges if Minny cut him.

I hope he goes back to NE.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Sydney Rice comes off the injured list this week......

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:51 PM

If he got back with the Pats, I think they'd find ways to get him involved.

The one issue is that, apparently, waiver orders are worst to first, so the Pats would be dead LAST to claim him, and knowking the way this season's free agency has gone, I gotta believe the Jets would take him to cockblock the Pats, as well as teams that have real needs at WR (TEN, JAC, WAS, CHI, MAYBE SD, MAYBE Tampa and St. Louis) that are not out of contention will jump on him first. I truly believe that Jack Del Rio sees "Job Saver" flashing before his eyes, and he'll jump on this if it gets to him. He hasn't had a true #1 receiver since Jimmy Smith retired.

I don't think waivers apply 'at all' to vets that get cut, otherwise the Jets wouldn't have been able to re-sign Tony Richardson within 24 hours the way they did.

Of those teams on your list you could be right about Jacksonville but does Del Rio have all the power there, would their GM and owner want anything to do with Moss? I don't see Fisher taking him although they need a receiver with Britt hurt, Moss only wants to run fly patterns and Vince Young isn't a great deepball thrower. I'd love to see him go to the Skins just to see Shanahan lose his temper in record time :P

If it wasn't for the fact that he hugged Kraft before the game, played like he didn't want to be there against the Patriots, went into their locker room after the game to seek out Brady and then trashed his own team while throwing bouquets at the Patriots in the postgame I'd agree with you. Even that's probably not enough to prove a tampering charge since all that's circumstantial but you could certainly make a case for one with all the fraternization going on there.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 November 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#37 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

I don't think waivers apply 'at all' to vets that get cut, otherwise the Jets wouldn't have been able to re-sign Tony Richardson within 24 hours the way they did. <snip>

Someone's already thought about this apparently. NESN and BusinessInsider.com also confirmed the waiver order as:

Buffalo Bills
Dallas Cowboys
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers
Denver Broncos
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
San Diego Chargers
Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins
St. Louis Rams
Oakland Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Eagles
Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
New York Giants
Kansas City Chiefs
Baltimore Ravens
Atlanta Falcons
New England Patriots

So, yeah, here we go. I don't believe he'll make it to New England (or that NE wants him), but we'll see. This article doesn't discuss the timing on how long teams have to claim Moss, but I would imagine the whole process goes around 3 days max.

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,041 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Well I just saw on another board apparently waivers only kick in after the trade deadline so that's why T-Rich didn't have to go through them while Moss does.

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,527 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Crossing out the teams that don't need or BETTER NOT get him.......

Buffalo Bills
Dallas Cowboys
Carolina Panthers
San Francisco 49ers
Denver Broncos
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
San Diego Chargers
Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins
St. Louis Rams
Oakland Raiders
Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle Seahawks
Philadelphia Eagles
Miami Dolphins
Chicago Bears
Tennessee Titans
New Orleans Saints
Green Bay Packers
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
New York Giants
Kansas City Chiefs
Baltimore Ravens
Atlanta Falcons
New England Patriots

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

If it wasn't for the fact that he hugged Kraft before the game, played like he didn't want to be there against the Patriots, went into their locker room after the game to seek out Brady and then trashed his own team while throwing bouquets at the Patriots in the postgame I'd agree with you. Even that's probably not enough to prove a tampering charge since all that's circumstantial but you could certainly make a case for one with all the fraternization going on there.

Again, he was close to his teammates and was a vocal leader in NE, is this his second game with Minny?

Catching passes from Tom Brady and now George Blanda has to be a let down.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users