Photo

Parise with torn meniscus will miss three months.

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#121 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

DO YOUR RESEARCH NEXT TIME OKAY SHEESH.

Maybe those doctors out in Chicago arent as good as the ones in Jersey

#122 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

ha. well, maybe so but i had every surgery in new jersey. :)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#123 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

i'm guessing inflamed bursa or minor meniscus tear, 2 weeks tops after surgery.

somewhat right, major torn meniscus. never been so upset to be right.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#124 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

ha. well, maybe so but i had every surgery in new jersey. :)

I thought your location is "Chicago"
(whats your docs name(s)

#125 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

nope, three months. torn meniscus: http://blogs.northje..._torn_meniscus/

I thought your location is "Chicago"
(whats your docs name(s)

yeah, i moved to chicago in 2008 and recently moved back. i've had my knee surgeries ranging from 2003-2005. my first OS was dr david lin (he actually tore apart me knee very badly with three surgeries), second OS was dr john hurley for five surgeries. if you wanna know more details about all my junk, feel free to PM me!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#126 Egg

Egg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

ZP out 3 months as per TG tweet.

TGfireandice

Zach Parise will miss three months after having a torn meniscus repaired today during exploratory arthroscopic surgery.

RUH-ROH

#127 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

nope, three months. torn meniscus: http://blogs.northje..._torn_meniscus/

yeah, i moved to chicago in 2008 and recently moved back. i've had my knee surgeries ranging from 2003-2005. my first OS was dr david lin (he actually tore apart me knee very badly with three surgeries), second OS was dr john hurley for five surgeries. if you wanna know more details about all my junk, feel free to PM me!

Sorry you went through what you did, I had a Dr Lloyd in Westwood NJ, and the surgery in Paramus, and like I said, it went great....maybe I was lucky, but I'm sure Zach has the BEST available Dr on the job, and in 3 months he'll be awesome again.

#128 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

three months is playing it cautious for zach. i'm glad to see the time out longer rather than shorter. if all goes accordingly -- he will be back sooner than 12 weeks. after the martin fiasco though, i think the team is clearly playing it SUPER safe with zachy.

#129 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

This season has turned into a nightmare.

#130 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

it's okay, we'll just have to go to our backup scott clemmense....oh, wait. there's no backup zach parise is there?

maybe when we acquire ilya kovalchuk, our problems will go away.

#131 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

three months is playing it cautious for zach. i'm glad to see the time out longer rather than shorter. if all goes accordingly -- he will be back sooner than 12 weeks. after the martin fiasco though, i think the team is clearly playing it SUPER safe with zachy.

it will also help if he listens to the doctors and not try to say he knows his body better

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#132 OldTimeDevs

OldTimeDevs

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

Im gonna miss zach, but in a way it could turn our season around. Theyre all always counting on the big guns to get it done, someone sometime has got to pull this team outta whatever funk theyre in. We're about to really see what makes the devils the devils, how we fight and we exceed from such adversity. Im sticking it out the devs rock even when we're losing

#133 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Torn meniscus, three months? There is more going on in there then just a torn meniscus. I had 60 percent of my meniscus removed after the knee was locked for three days, and was back to playing hockey in two weeks. Again I am no pro athlete, but his conditioning, and medical staff around him should make it even easier for him to get back to 100%. I know of pro motocross racers who are back to racing three months after surgery for a complete ACL tear. There has to be more than just a repaired meniscus.
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#134 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

Who will be the next one to get injured? It's not like we will go the rest of the season without anyone else going down.

Also, all these injuries must really be killing the team's wage budget. They still need to pay all of their salaries, and then call up the replacements and pay them NHL salaries as well (instead of AHL salaries).

#135 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Torn meniscus, three months? There is more going on in there then just a torn meniscus. I had 60 percent of my meniscus removed after the knee was locked for three days, and was back to playing hockey in two weeks. Again I am no pro athlete, but his conditioning, and medical staff around him should make it even easier for him to get back to 100%. I know of pro motocross racers who are back to racing three months after surgery for a complete ACL tear. There has to be more than just a repaired meniscus.

i suspect he had a lateral release as well. it's purely speculation OBVIOUSLY but if he's had discomfort for some time outside of the mensical tear, he may have been suffering patellofemeral issues which would lead to a release done in the lateral side of the knee to alleviate pressure on the patella. it's not uncommon to have a meniscal repair and a lateral release done at the same time. it completely accounts for the three month shelf life for zach.

regardless, three months IS being super cautious. i think it's also possible the team is trying to save face and make sure not to step on any toes after recent injury woes in the past couple seasons turned up fowl.

#136 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

And boom goes the dynamite. Season from hell, end of story.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#137 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

it could be worse. brodeur's arm could fall off again.

#138 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

i suspect he had a lateral release as well. it's purely speculation OBVIOUSLY but if he's had discomfort for some time outside of the mensical tear, he may have been suffering patellofemeral issues which would lead to a release done in the lateral side of the knee to alleviate pressure on the patella.

I would agree a lateral release would account for the longer time frame, and might also be a possible explanation. Who knows, but I definitely feel like there was more there than just the meniscus.
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#139 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

i suspect he had a lateral release as well. it's purely speculation OBVIOUSLY but if he's had discomfort for some time outside of the mensical tear, he may have been suffering patellofemeral issues which would lead to a release done in the lateral side of the knee to alleviate pressure on the patella. it's not uncommon to have a meniscal repair and a lateral release done at the same time. it completely accounts for the three month shelf life for zach.

regardless, three months IS being super cautious. i think it's also possible the team is trying to save face and make sure not to step on any toes after recent injury woes in the past couple seasons turned up fowl.

Just the meniscus could account for the three months. We do not know the extent of the damage or what was done to fix it. The thing with meniscus injuries is if they are are not taken care of quickly it is easy to make them much worse. So his playing for 3 months after the original injury probably just made it much worse. Ive been there and done that and ended up with 3 months on crutches as a result, with nothing more that cartilage damage.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#140 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Well, Ilya, we're paying you a lot of money to be THE guy. Now that the 1a to your 1b is gone, it's time to show us how much lifting you can do.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users