#301 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

KovalCup?

Another name for a golden athletic supporter.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#302 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

Probably dating myself here, but for anyone who's ever seen "An Officer and a Gentleman" (early 80s), there's a climactic scene where Louis Gossett Jr's character finally and completely breaks down Richard Gere's character. I think this is what needs to happen w/Kovy...I think every aspect of his game has to be torn down and completely rebuilt from the ground up...I don't even care whether the many flaws in his game are the result of bad coaching in Atlanta, Kovy not trying to improve...what's been done to this point can't be undone, but he's the Devils' problem for a long long time...whatever it takes, I hope this organization can find a way to sand off Kovy's many rough edges.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 November 2010 - 11:46 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#303 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Blame him all you want to make yourselves feel better; you could replace him with Ovechkin or Crosby and it still wouldn't make a difference. Not like he hasn't been misused since he's got here. Nosiree.

Edited by Marv4Life, 02 November 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#304 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,922 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

Don't worry...Tri will soon post some sabermetric hocus-pocus that will prove that Kovy's really been swell since coming here, despite what we continue to see from him, and ben00rs will continue to believe that Kovy will suddenly become a terrific all-around player because...well, ben00rs says it will happen, so it must be true.

he hasn't been very good lately. that doesn't mean that he has all of the sudden become a bad player. there's a lot more blame to go around.

i also like how failed GMs like milbury, maclean, and button are commenting on this. i can't wait until phil esposito offers up his opinion. maybe we can get a word from rejean houle.

Edited by Triumph, 02 November 2010 - 12:05 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#305 H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

espo loves lou he will never say anything negative about the devils.
Posted Image

#306 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

Don't worry...Tri will soon post some sabermetric hocus-pocus that will prove that Kovy's really been swell since coming here, despite what we continue to see from him, and ben00rs will continue to believe that Kovy will suddenly become a terrific all-around player because...well, ben00rs says it will happen, so it must be true.

Admittedly he has yet to look like even a 20 million dollar player.

To be fair to myself, I never thought he'd become a terrific all-around player just a lot better at defense, perhaps even very good (if you can find a post of mine where I've said different then touche). It's become clear that if this team isn't clicking then Kovy won't be clicking either. Kovy clearly can't carry this team alone. But there is NO way that his play doesn't pick up soon. I still think he finishes the season with 40+ goals. The answer will come in the form of him playing with Elias.

The problem with this team right now is Andy Greene and Henrik Tallinder right now. Both are playing terrible.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#307 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

@Pepperkorn

apathetic. that's the word i was trying to think of!

danke, pfefferkörnchen ;)

Next try on wednesday against the hawks...Just fight for 60 minutes. Step by step, dev's!
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#308 Found

Found

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Next try on wednesday against the hawks...Just fight for 60 minutes. Step by step, dev's!

Great idea lol.. They need to check out the game tapes and fix their mistakes too.. http://video.msg.com...s-Analysis-11-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users