#41 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Lets bow our heads and pray....

Dear Hockey Gods; Art thou angry with thy Devils? Why must thou pissith on thy team? Thy Devils needith thou blessing tonight. Please bringith.

Amen.

Is it bad that I am praying to gods with the words Devils in it?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#42 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Dear Hockey Gods; Art thou angry with thy Devils? Why must thou pissith on thy team? Thy Devils needith thou blessing tonight. Please bringith.

Amen.

"Where God has his church, The Devil will have his Chapel"

believe-zubrus.jpg

#43 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

I told you guys ealier, I have it on good authority that the Devils were only able to extend their contract with Satan up to the 09-10 season. Bettman and the NHL threatened to void the contract if it went any farther.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#44 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

I just need the kovalchuk of atlanta, we still have not seen a kovy explosion :saddevil:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#45 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

I just need the kovalchuk of atlanta, we still have not seen a kovy explosion :saddevil:

Oh you mean Sir Kovalchuk of Tver?

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#46 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Oh you mean Sir Kovalchuk of Tver?

believe-zubrus.jpg

#47 Egg

Egg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

"I is team" -Kovalchuk

If we could trade Kovalchuk for Ladd/Byfuglien... I'd do it... but I don't think Atlanta wants him back. They've done very good without him. I wonder how good the Devils could've done without him. I know he is one guy, but the drama, negativity with his payroll compared to others, negativity in locker room... I would bet it has something to do with him.

Ok so a two time 52 goal scorer and someone who has scored the most goals since the year he entered the league for 2 third line grinders that are a dime a dozen?
I agree with the line of thought that so far this season those two may have been more of contribution to the team than Kovy but... over a 82 game schedule and looking at the big picture , I am going to have to say your nucking futts.

I will agree with you in that so far Kovy has not lived up to the hype. However it is simply not a case that he has magically lost his talent and ability to score.
I just think that the current offensive system and his linemates take away from what makes Kovy effective. His strengths are his speed and his shot. Currently other teams take away all his time and space by pressuring the crap out of him. They can easily do so as we have no one driving the net or getting into scoring areas of the ice. This enables teams D to step up and be more aggressive on the puck carrier.

It was frustrating to see the Stoll of all people , on one PP had more one-timer set-ups than Kovy has had all year long. We just dont have the offensive gameplan to enable Kovy to do what he does best. Dump and chase , and cycle for shots from the outside with no one in near the net is not getting it done.

I can see Kovy get frustrated and try to make his own time and space by stick handling through 2-3 defenders , and it is failing miserably so far.

We need a system where we are more aggressive and drive the net both with and without the puck.

Edited by Egg, 01 November 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#48 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Let's Go Devils!

#49 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Lets Go Devils!! :gd:

We win, with at least one goal more than the other team (who ever they are)

Kovy, Clarkson, Elias, Kovy, Toa, Kovy

Posted Image

Posted Image
:yay: :yea: :clap: :hail: :dance: :boogie: :cheers:

Edited by Dead, 01 November 2010 - 06:26 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#50 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

3-2 NJD

Kovy Langs White :pray:

Posted Image

#51 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

GO DEVILS!

Look guys we have an e-fin big list of injured guys.

Let them a chance!!

GO DEVILS!

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#52 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

This has to be the turning point of our season. Let's Go Devils! :koolaid:
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#53 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

taormina hatrick?

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#54 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

taormina hatrick?

Matt Taormina: Offensive juggernaut

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#55 AlienDev

AlienDev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Amen.

Dear Devils Fan whom nameth his self Quinn the first,

Thine Devils are deserveth of our neglectance, ney pissance, this Fall, all things considereth. Thou hast amassed a fearful treasure-trove of hockeymortals, yet wasteth with weakness of resolve shown hereinfor on the ice. We pitieth thou and thine brethren-in-pain, your long-suffering Army of Devils. Avengance of our scorn, nay, shall demand a sacrifice or two before we more favorabally look upon your pitiful plight or to bringeth whatsoever. Until then, crawleth on yon belly and prostrateth thyself to our alter some more.

Hockey Gods
Posted Image

#56 Bullshockey247

Bullshockey247

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

I usually don't post in the GDT (or ever) but I have to do my part to turn this team around, LETS GO DEVILS!!
Sources also confirm that there is no one left in Canada who can remember when hockey was a simple game, played for fun.

#57 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Ok so a two time 52 goal scorer and someone who has scored the most goals since the year he entered the league for 2 third line grinders that are a dime a dozen?
I agree with the line of thought that so far this season those two may have been more of contribution to the team than Kovy but... over a 82 game schedule and looking at the big picture , I am going to have to say your nucking futts.

I will agree with you in that so far Kovy has not lived up to the hype. However it is simply not a case that he has magically lost his talent and ability to score.
I just think that the current offensive system and his linemates take away from what makes Kovy effective. His strengths are his speed and his shot. Currently other teams take away all his time and space by pressuring the crap out of him. They can easily do so as we have no one driving the net or getting into scoring areas of the ice. This enables teams D to step up and be more aggressive on the puck carrier.

It was frustrating to see the Stoll of all people , on one PP had more one-timer set-ups than Kovy has had all year long. We just dont have the offensive gameplan to enable Kovy to do what he does best. Dump and chase , and cycle for shots from the outside with no one in near the net is not getting it done.

I can see Kovy get frustrated and try to make his own time and space by stick handling through 2-3 defenders , and it is failing miserably so far.

We need a system where we are more aggressive and drive the net both with and without the puck.

Big Buff ain't a third line grinder. He can play defense and offense. He crashes the net. Ladd has got a nice shot and is a steady producer whether it be Carolina, Chicago or Atlanta. 3rd liners? I thinekth noteth!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#58 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Dear Devils Fan whom nameth his self Quinn the first,

Thine Devils are deserveth of our neglectance, ney pissance, this Fall, all things considereth. Thou hast amassed a fearful treasure-trove of hockeymortals, yet wasteth with weakness of resolve shown hereinfor on the ice. We pitieth thou and thine brethren-in-pain, your long-suffering Army of Devils. Avengance of our scorn, nay, shall demand a sacrifice or two before we more favorabally look upon your pitiful plight or to bringeth whatsoever. Until then, crawleth on yon belly and prostrateth thyself to our alter some more.

Hockey Gods

I vote we sacrifice Beire and Carcillo to the hockey gods... :burn: :evil: Those two are worthy of being slain for the gods.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#59 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

I'm off to the game, hoping for a close game at least.

#60 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

The Devils lineup tonight is worse than their pre-season lineup. This will be a long night.

Good chance Vancouver won't be my other-favorite-team after tonight :cry:
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users