97 replies to this topic

#21 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

I think players should be forced to have the plate -- like MDs and stuff. then I'd know which pick up was Scotty's :whistling:

:mellow:
I'm kidding by the way... kidding. :unsure: :rofl:

:mellow:

I'm here for the party

#22 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

cool stuff
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#23 DEATHtoGOMEZ

DEATHtoGOMEZ

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Sorry if this is turning into a political rant. I think this idea is plain stupid. License plates should be there to identify cars and nothing else. If you want a Devils logo on your car, buy a bumper sticker. If we have the Devils logo on the NJ plate, we will get the flyers and rangers logo on it too. The next step to generate revenue will be having plates with advertisements. Then they will look like NASCAR plates if you like it or not. Keep the plates simple.

All profits from this plate go to benefit youth hockey in New Jersey. Just like the cancer plates go to cancer research, and the Pinelands plates go to funding preservation. Its not like the State is making money off this.
Posted Image
Gomez smells....

#24 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Uhhh why do I live in New York State :argh: jk I actually like where I live

#25 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

:edit: Hey! now it looks like I'm mocking GoArmy! :lol: here:

** WISEARSE TROLL POSTING**

:troll1:

SOMEone feels very funny today :doh1: :rolleyes:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 02 November 2010 - 02:06 PM.

I'm here for the party

#26 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

My son was driving my car which has the Devils license plate frame. He got pulled over by a Suffolk County Cop (NY) and he was scared trying to figure out what he did. Cop gave him a hard time about the plate, telling him it was illegal. Then before he lets him go, he added "Besides they suck anyway." This was back in July. He had to be a Rangers fan.

I got pulled over back in maybe '03 when I lived in Warwick NY, and while I didn't get a ticket, the cop pointed at the Devils winter coat I was wearing and said "Too bad I can't give you a ticket for that". I think I said "someone has to root for them" or something, but that's what you get up there. It's not much better down in South Jersey with the Flyers fans, honestly.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#27 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Uhhh why do I live in New York State :argh: jk I actually like where I live

Aren't the new gold plates fugly?

According to the DMV's web site, you can still get River Rats plates. High-larious.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Are these things really $60 extra a year? It's not like...a flat fee?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

I got pulled over back in maybe '03 when I lived in Warwick NY, and while I didn't get a ticket, the cop pointed at the Devils winter coat I was wearing and said "Too bad I can't give you a ticket for that". I think I said "someone has to root for them" or something, but that's what you get up there. It's not much better down in South Jersey with the Flyers fans, honestly.

My dad got pulled over in Princeton (not even real Flyers territory) earlier this year and the cop told him it was because his Devils license plate holder was partially obstructing the name of the state on the license plate. Which it was. Because the words "New Jersey" were being covered up by "New Jersey" on the plate holder. Apparently he told him it was illegal and my dad nearly took him seriously until he made some stupid Flyers comment.

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

This from the Bergen Record:
Posted Image

I hope that is not the real plate, that is rather cheesy looking

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#31 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

The ND is a little self important but I like the logo -- what else would you have?

I'm here for the party

#32 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

At least an engraved logo, preferably in black. That looks like it is just printed on. The Rutgers plates are sharp, and they are engraved in the plate...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#33 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

I think that will be too -- those are just print outs :unsure: -- I mean -- do license plates curl like paper?

I'm here for the party

#34 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Yes I realize that those are paper, but it just seems that the logo will be printed on the actual plate too. Will be interesting to see them when they are "unveiled"....

#35 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Why? It seems it would be pretty easy to emboss - or whatever you call it. Are all new designs getting cheaped out on? or does anything Devils just have to suck from it's inception? Honest I'm curious why you'd assume the same product would be designed differently. Not arguing just curious why we thought two different things.

I'm here for the party

#36 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Why? It seems it would be pretty easy to emboss - or whatever you call it. Are all new designs getting cheaped out on? or does anything Devils just have to suck from it's inception? Honest I'm curious why you'd assume the same product would be designed differently. Not arguing just curious why we thought two different things.

I believe I saw some other plates that were just printed on that looked the same. Also because the logo is red makes me think it will be printed. All of the embossed ones I can recall were black....I guess they could make it embossed and red, but I can not remember seeing something like that. And yes, EVERYTHING is "cheaped out on" these days...or so it seems.

#37 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

I believe I saw some other plates that were just printed on that looked the same. Also because the logo is red makes me think it will be printed. All of the embossed ones I can recall were black....I guess they could make it embossed and red, but I can not remember seeing something like that. And yes, EVERYTHING is "cheaped out on" these days...or so it seems.

Ahh -- so is the new Rutgers R just printed?

I'm here for the party

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Ahh -- so is the new Rutgers R just printed?

The only ones I have seen are embossed in black...

#39 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

The Scarlet Knight? or the big red R?

I'm here for the party

#40 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

The Scarlet Knight? or the big red R?

There was a Knight head one and then the "Block R" that you are referring to....it is red, but in this case it was black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users