33 replies to this topic

#21 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, I was initially aggravated, but like you say, not uncommon to have to a crap week or two...funny how BB's former assistants have a way of getting the best of him (Dnever last season, Browns this year)...

If the Pats are, say, 7-5 after their next four games (a definite possibility) then they go right back into the pretender category for me, even if they run the table to finish 11-5.

Unless they coach the Jets :lol:

The Browns are a WEIRD team this year.... it's not easy to figure them out.....though maybe they found something in Colt McCoy too :noclue:

Sun 11/21 Indianapolis Colts 4:15 pm Thu 11/25 at Detroit Lions 12:30 pm Mon 12/6 New York Jets 8:30 pm Sun 12/12 at Chicago Bears 1:00 pm Sun 12/19 Green Bay Packers 8:20 pm Sun 12/26 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 pm Sun 1/2 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm

That is a pretty rough finish :blink: :blink:

Edited by CRASHER, 08 November 2010 - 07:53 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#22 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

I smell Dolphin carcass
Posted Image

Posted Image

"We won't be able to beat anybody in this league, if we keep playing like we're playing. This is only my first year here, but Coach Henning and Coach Sparano's formula might be a little different than where I come from. I'm fine with it, but it becomes a problem when we're losing. There's frustration being felt by many of us right now. This is the fourth quality team we've played against, and it just wasn't good enough. I think it's obvious what our problem is. We can't beat the good teams in this league. Simple as that." -Brandon Marshall.

..ouch! BUT.. props to BM for telling it like it is anyway. :thumbsup:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Wade Phillips OUT....the Ginger is in charge....further proof that when you frack up 1/3 of a team, you get a chance to complete the job to the other 2/3 :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Suffice it to say that you can remove the Pats from your Top-5 if you so desire...

Tough one, bad on so many levels, but sh!t like this happens in the NFL...I'm trying not to make too much out of it, and reserving full judgment until they play the Steelers, COlts, and Jets...but this team is on pace to give up 376 points...and the offense has been inconsistent...hard to believe a team like that is going to go far if they make the playoffs.

The Browns did a number on NE, that's for sure. Mangini had two week to prepare for a game that obviously means a lot personally to him as well as professionally. They pretty much knew everything NE was running and were able to stop it. And if you have watched NE this year, as I know you definitely have, the defense is very suspect. They can be stuck on the field for a while and the Browns just kept pounding with Hillis.

I was left really impressed with McCoy. He kept the play alive on a number of occasions and played plays, and so did his receivers.

New England is going to miss Moss a lot at times. He was constantly doubled on every play allowing Welker anything he wants underneath. It is no coincident that Welker's numbers have gone to sh!t since Moss left. Teams can zero in on him finally with very little consequences anymore.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

The Browns did a number on NE, that's for sure. Mangini had two week to prepare for a game that obviously means a lot personally to him as well as professionally. They pretty much knew everything NE was running and were able to stop it. And if you have watched NE this year, as I know you definitely have, the defense is very suspect. They can be stuck on the field for a while and the Browns just kept pounding with Hillis.

I was left really impressed with McCoy. He kept the play alive on a number of occasions and played plays, and so did his receivers.

New England is going to miss Moss a lot at times. He was constantly doubled on every play allowing Welker anything he wants underneath. It is no coincident that Welker's numbers have gone to sh!t since Moss left. Teams can zero in on him finally with very little consequences anymore.

I've been harping on NE's defense all season. They looked like they were starting to become an improving "bend but don't break" bunch that gives up yards between the 20s but finds a way to make key plays...this week was a big step backwards. And like I pointed out, they're on pace to give up 376 points...that's hard to ignore.

As for Moss, that double-team stuff is overrated...he wasn't doubled nearly as much as you'd think, because teams were figuring out that he wasn't giving much in the way of effort this season. Brady and his offense have gone back more to a spread-it-around type...which means no one is going to put up big numbers (like the old days).
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

Crasher, do you have tix to the Giants-Cowboys game?

Given the Giants track record with hurting QBs and the way Dallas has been playing, Kitna needs to retire ... today.

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

I've been harping on NE's defense all season. They looked like they were starting to become an improving "bend but don't break" bunch that gives up yards between the 20s but finds a way to make key plays...this week was a big step backwards. And like I pointed out, they're on pace to give up 376 points...that's hard to ignore.

As for Moss, that double-team stuff is overrated...he wasn't doubled nearly as much as you'd think, because teams were figuring out that he wasn't giving much in the way of effort this season. Brady and his offense have gone back more to a spread-it-around type...which means no one is going to put up big numbers (like the old days).

Have to disagree with you. CBs would alway get safety help up high Moss. You just had to. The Pats have been feeding Welker anything underneath for 3 years because the match-ups in the slot were so favourable and ripe for the picking. Not saying it was happening every singe play like prior years, but it was most of the time.

With Moss gone, teams finally have the ability to lock onto Welker. Just 11 catches for 85 yards in the last 3 games. For the past few years that was Welker's output for one week, if not more. I think that is why you now see Brady looking at Hernandez as often he does because of the mismatch he provides.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:15 PM

Garrett did a great job of killing Philips coaching record with a lot of bad play calling.

Watch what you wish for Jason.

Another patsy for Jerry Jones to bury eventually.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Crasher, do you have tix to the Giants-Cowboys game?

Given the Giants track record with hurting QBs and the way Dallas has been playing, Kitna needs to retire ... today.

Nope... personally I hate NFL games live.... the only game I have ANY interest in ever seeing live is a game in Dallas on Thanksgiving (personally think that would be cool as hell)....or if I ever won Super Bowl tickets, but that game is barely about the NFL's Championship as is....

The only reason I want Kitna to play in that game is so the Giants break him in twelve..... I've heard good things about McGee in camp and pre-season... it's time to see what the kid got under fire in the last 7 games of the year.... but he can be spared the beatdown in the Giants game (and Kitna deserves a beatdown for single-handedly letting RSC back in our game last night!!!!)

Garrett did a great job of killing Philips coaching record with a lot of bad play calling.

Watch what you wish for Jason.

Another patsy for Jerry Jones to bury eventually.

I can only hope this mistake lasts 8 games... no more....you take a guy who screws up the offense and let him drive the whole car..... this is good... I want 1-15, the first pick and a HUMBLING sense of embarrassment to this team and the Botox-addict in charge

the REAL question is... how bad does Garrett have to FAIL to not be brought back??? 3-5??? 2-7?? 0-8?? :pray:

worst case scenario he goes 4-4 but wins his last three to "show progress"

This is only part ONE of the purging.......

#30 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Nope... personally I hate NFL games live.... the only game I have ANY interest in ever seeing live is a game in Dallas on Thanksgiving (personally think that would be cool as hell)....or if I ever won Super Bowl tickets, but that game is barely about the NFL's Championship as is....

The only reason I want Kitna to play in that game is so the Giants break him in twelve..... I've heard good things about McGee in camp and pre-season... it's time to see what the kid got under fire in the last 7 games of the year.... but he can be spared the beatdown in the Giants game (and Kitna deserves a beatdown for single-handedly letting RSC back in our game last night!!!!)

I can only hope this mistake lasts 8 games... no more....you take a guy who screws up the offense and let him drive the whole car..... this is good... I want 1-15, the first pick and a HUMBLING sense of embarrassment to this team and the Botox-addict in charge

the REAL question is... how bad does Garrett have to FAIL to not be brought back??? 3-5??? 2-7?? 0-8?? :pray:

worst case scenario he goes 4-4 but wins his last three to "show progress"

This is only part ONE of the purging.......

There too much talent for this team to fail. But then I look at the owner who basically only cares about revenue and marketing the team. NOT about winning football championships. How many training facilities do they have over the summer to market the team?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

There too much talent for this team to fail. But then I look at the owner who basically only cares about revenue and marketing the team. NOT about winning football championships. How many training facilities do they have over the summer to market the team?

Yeah... he's a total fool and had no part of three Super Bowl Rings... I mean look how GREAT Jimmy Johnson was with the best QB ever (admitted... he was on his last breath....), but be fair... kill the guy all you want he had some serious success... hell short-term success unmatched in the NFL sans Brady/Belicheck

#32 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

This is where I'm divided with most Cowboys fans...sure Jerry knows how to make a buck but to say he doesn't want a winning team is dumb and holds no reasonable logic. HE'S the guy who brought in Jimmy Johnson...or the guy who made the trade to get the "best QB ever"....sure he's also the guy that got rid of Jimmy but you can't question the fact that he's trying...he likes big shiny things...nice offensive weapons so he doesn't always make the right choices but whatever...I'd rather have an owner like him than an owner who would unload talent and a chance at winning to clear a better bottom line.

As for the Red-headed guru...frack em...he's fodder unless he shows some strong resolve and gets this team focused...some coaches make better coordinators so hopefully its reversed in this case...but to be fully clear I can't stand the ginger-balled one.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

This is where I'm divided with most Cowboys fans...sure Jerry knows how to make a buck but to say he doesn't want a winning team is dumb and holds no reasonable logic. HE'S the guy who brought in Jimmy Johnson...or the guy who made the trade to get the "best QB ever"....sure he's also the guy that got rid of Jimmy but you can't question the fact that he's trying...he likes big shiny things...nice offensive weapons so he doesn't always make the right choices but whatever...I'd rather have an owner like him than an owner who would unload talent and a chance at winning to clear a better bottom line.

As for the Red-headed guru...frack em...he's fodder unless he shows some strong resolve and gets this team focused...some coaches make better coordinators so hopefully its reversed in this case...but to be fully clear I can't stand the ginger-balled one.

Yes, he brought in Johnson who turned the franchise around. Jerry was bitter that he didn't get the credit and Johnson was gone. The Boys went on the win the Superbowl with the team that Johnson built. How long did that Switzer regime last after that?

Parcell's turned the team around again only to have an insecure owner force him to leave. Enter the Phillips debacle.

Jones should just shut-up and let Football people run the franchise, this way he can 't count more money.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

Yes, he brought in Johnson who turned the franchise around. Jerry was bitter that he didn't get the credit and Johnson was gone. The Boys went on the win the Superbowl with the team that Johnson built. How long did that Switzer regime last after that?

Parcell's turned the team around again only to have an insecure owner force him to leave. Enter the Phillips debacle.

Jones should just shut-up and let Football people run the franchise, this way he can 't count more money.

I'll agree with that...he meddles, both the good and bad with the Jerrah...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users