91 replies to this topic

#41 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

I know five people in 209 ALONE who have been priced out and fed up with the damn thing already :P

They've been slowly doing this in the uppers since season 2 in the new place.... I don't see them stopping it soon.... and hell now that I KNOW they are giving away freebies like water.... no way in hell would I come back to be a STH!

yeah, that whole experiment in the corners is a disaster. I know their old-school thinking was "well, if we can charge twice as much and get a little more than half of the people, we come out ahead", but this is a new building, not some cavernous barn they had no chance of filling...

problem is they didn't get half of the people up there. those are walkup tickets now. :lol: if they had any common sense, they'd just start selling the corners on Stubhub for fair prices. it's not like they haven't done this before, it's a little, um, curious, when half of the lower deck ends up on Stubhub for less than face, for 1st round playoff games.

#42 rcarlsen

rcarlsen

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

i got my tickets for this. i've never seen the Oilers play in person. hopefully these are lower level seats since probably no one is going to this game.

#43 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here. Does anyone know where the seats will be or if alot of people will be getting these free tickets and if we should get there early?

#44 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

If its like the last one, first come first served on unsold seats.

#45 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Think there will actually be alot of people going though?

#46 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

They don't give away clubs do they?

#47 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

Sweet! I just won mine. This'll make a nice b'day present for myself that day.

#48 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

Our tickets are not priced that bad. Go look at the other teams. Anyway, I've already paid and gone to four games, I'll take these for free. I might not use them, but I deserve them and don't only show up when they are free.

Edited by msweet, 11 November 2010 - 12:41 PM.
Please refrain from inappropriate language

#49 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

Anyways, our ticket prices are good compared to most of the other teams. Yeah, you get MUCH better value with teams like Tampa Bay, but they have no fanbase and don't have much of a choice. Plus, we actually put a good product out on the ice usually.

#50 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Everyone ready for tomorrow night?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#51 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

quinn...i sent you back a pm
Posted Image

#52 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

Everyone ready for tomorrow night?

Whats tomorrow night?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#53 Ryguyrocks9

Ryguyrocks9

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

is the link working for anyone else? it goes to an error page for me. I'd love to be able to take my 8 and 5 year old tomorrow.

#54 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

is the link working for anyone else? it goes to an error page for me. I'd love to be able to take my 8 and 5 year old tomorrow.

they've been gone for days

#55 Ryguyrocks9

Ryguyrocks9

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

they've been gone for days

Thanks. I didn't see this thread until today.

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Anyways, our ticket prices are good compared to most of the other teams. Yeah, you get MUCH better value with teams like Tampa Bay, but they have no fanbase and don't have much of a choice. Plus, we actually put a good product out on the ice usually.

First off I thought our average ticket prices were among the highest in the league. Granted that's usually the case with a new arena and having the expensive club seats at the high end of the scale but still.

More importantly, our ticket prices are terrible for the market we're in. We don't have a Canada-Minnesota-NYC fanbase where you can charge through the nose with $37 face for the cheapest upper level seat and still sell out.

Whats tomorrow night?

The next home loss, unless CRASHER or Brian Rolston is really the missing link, I don't know which would be scarier.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#57 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

^^ Atleast he has faith. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#58 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Looks like I am only using two of the four free tix to this game. If someone wants two freebies, PM me. I can meet you outside the box office right before gametime. Keep in mind that I don't have the tickets in hand yet, and I probably won't be able to pick them up till a few minutes before the game starts -- unless something changes.

Edited by 95Crash, 11 November 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

More importantly, our ticket prices are terrible for the market we're in. We don't have a Canada-Minnesota-NYC fanbase where you can charge through the nose with $37 face for the cheapest upper level seat and still sell out.

Truth, anyone who thinks otherwise is either: a. Delsuonal or b. only goes to MSG :P

The next home loss, unless CRASHER or Brian Rolston is really the missing link, I don't know which would be scarier.

This indeed simply makes tomorrow the most important game on the schedule for the simple the fact the SAVIOR..... that's right....SAVIOR.... is comin home to roost baby!!! :evil: :koolaid: :koolaid:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#60 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Looks like I am only using two of the four free tix to this game. If someone wants two freebies, PM me. I can meet you outside the box office right before gametime. Keep in mind that I don't have the tickets in hand yet, and I probably won't be able to pick them up till a few minutes before the game starts -- unless something changes.

Tickets are gone.

Congrats, ghdi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users