10 replies to this topic

#1 H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

now that rolston is close to returning how much of his salary is going to count towards the cap?
Posted Image

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

too lazy to show the math but no move has to be made to get rolston in b/c parise/josefson/salvador still take up enough LTIR $ that the devils can keep doing what they're doing w/ getting rolston and corrente in and still have carry one extra scratch if necessary.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Imagine that's why they're holding off on putting Parise on LTIR, yes? To save as many pennies as possible? 'Cause as of this morning, Parise's still not actually on LTIR.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

Imagine that's why they're holding off on putting Parise on LTIR, yes? To save as many pennies as possible? 'Cause as of this morning, Parise's still not actually on LTIR.

The Devils aren't saving any cap space with all the injuries, they are just allowed to exceed to the cap by X dollars. Also LTIR can (and often is) activated retroactively so you can put someone on LTIR months after they stopped missing games and it would have the same effect as if they did it the next day.

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

Well yeah, I know they're not actually saving money, just accruing space against the cap to replace injured players. I'm just curious as to the reason for waiting to put Parise on LTIR considering he's already had the surgery.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

Lou is trying to hide the injury from the rest of the teams.

#7 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

That would be pretty magical. Moreso if he could somehow hide you from all of us.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#8 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

Has anyone heard if Bryce Salvadore is still around !!!!!
whats his deal, is he getting better or has he been taken away in the middle of the night never to return??

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

Has anyone heard if Bryce Salvadore is still around !!!!!
whats his deal, is he getting better or has he been taken away in the middle of the night never to return??

Salvador and Richard Matvichuk should be returning shortly
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Salvador and Richard Matvichuk should be returning shortly

Finallyyyyyyyyyyy :yea:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#11 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Stay home and spend the money, help the team, that's a Lou way.

That would be pretty magical. Moreso if he could somehow hide you from all of us.

You're so jealous that I was so right about Marty over the years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users