9 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:43 PM

An amazing book singed by one of the greatest players of all time. 1 day left to bid on it. Right now it is at 38.00 bucks Canadian which is just 29 bucks American. The book alone costs that much and with the autograph. One of the best hockey books I have ever read.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=29293

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 December 2003 - 07:42 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:42 PM

Well as I found out last year with trying to get tickets during the playoffs, e-bay bidding doesn't really take off until the last day :P

Although you can occasionally get a bargain; I was too lazy to get a Devils' media guide last year, but I wound up looking for one after the season on e-bay and I wound up paying only $8.50 for it (media guides are $10 at the stadium), and that included the $4.25 of S/H from OTTAWA :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#3 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:02 AM

Books at 35$ American but that might be how much the book costs already and now you can get it with an autograph too. 10 hours left.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 December 2003 - 12:59 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#4 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:33 PM

Actually that's just how much the minimum bid is. If the current high bidder bid $100 as a maximum bid, and you bid $50, that would just make HIS 'high bid' $51. Of course if $35 is his maximum bid then you could get it for $36, but I doubt it.

I think it's called proxy bidding. Say a current high bid is $10, but the high bidder put in a maximum bid of $25. You bid $11, that just raises the price of the high bid, but if you bid $30 then you become the maximum bidder (with a $26 bid) so long as nobody else goes above $30. You state a maximum then e-bay only makes you pay as much as it takes to go above everyone else's bid, so even though your max may be $30 you could get object B for $26 if nobody bids higher.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#5 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 07:42 PM

Well one hour left. Books at 35 bucks American still now. If you bid a buck it will be at 36 or less.

#6 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 08:06 PM

You have no feedback! How do I know I can trust you? :uni:

j/k, I haven't even bid. :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 08:56 PM

Well it was sold for 53 Canadian. I got it in an auction for 40 at the Ottawa Sports Charity Dinner. So pretty much it is like saying someone payed me 13 bucks to read a book I really wanted.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 December 2003 - 09:05 PM.

#8 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:00 PM

Ah so you were the one selling it in the first place :lol:

#9 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:39 PM

Well it was sold for 53 Canadian. I got it in an auction for 40 at the Ottawa Sports Charity Dinner. So pretty much it is like saying someone payed me 13 bucks to read a book I really wanted.

Why did you sell it then?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 12:22 AM

Well I read it and really enjoyed it but autographs really don't mean much to me unless you met them. To me when you meet them and you get their autograph it is like a stamping that you met them. When you just have an autograph it doesn't mean much really to me. So I felt I could sell it and got back some money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users