221 replies to this topic

#161 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

The worst part about this is we're going to have to hear Manta gloating for the next week.

the next week..........maybe the next 15 years

#162 Devils1985

Devils1985

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

It's just amazing how wrong the whole thing has gone. Just completely, utterly wrong.
Posted Image

Trenton: Where we flip off the Kiss Cam.

#163 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

At this point I don't know what would be better for him...getting back out there on Friday and hope things improve, or take a game or two off to clear his head.

A game or two off to clear his head? You mean the game where he was healthy scratched for being late wasn't enough for him?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#164 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

A game or two off to clear his head? You mean the game where he was healthy scratched for being late wasn't enough for him?

Yeah, making him a healthy scratch at this point will probably do more harm than good.

I feel like he just needs to score one. Just get the monkey off his back.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#165 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

What the ... !

#166 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

You have to give him points for originality, though.

#167 bushta55

bushta55

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Kovalchuk just watches the game. In Atlanta he would yell for the puck in his own zone and always want it on his stick to bring down ice with speed. Now his speed is gone (maybe he was not training during the K negotiations?) and he never seems to move into open ice looking for the puck. When he is in his own zone and the other team has the puck he doesn't even swat at it or poke check when he is within like 3 feet of a player. He has absolutely no aggression, he lookes like a nudered dog out there.

#168 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

www.SterioDesign.com

#169 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Kovalchuk is nothing but an embarrassment for us now.

i have to admit, i was really excited to have him coming here long term, and he was a point a game player in NJ when we got him after the trade.

Now, it's disgraceful.

all i can hope for now, is that he picks things up over the next year or so with us, otherwise he isn't going to last out his contract with NJ.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#170 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

sh!t happens. He had an awful game. I'll stick with him, because he plays for my team. I sincerely hope you throw yourself off a bridge. We don't need scum like you in our fanbase.

DM he should be removed.

#171 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

again i dont see why everyone is sh!tting on Kovie, came really close to get a highlight reel goal early in the game... got unlucky at the end of the game and he was not even on the top 3 shooters for the shootout... if the other guys would have done their job he would not have stepped on the ice at all... and now because HE missed well everyone is freaking out

with that said he's not producing like he should but that happen and there's no need to freak out there's way way way way way way worst contracts out there...

I laughed out loud. Well done, Sterio!

#172 H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

i destroyed a franchise and i have a mustache like a pedophile.
Posted Image

#173 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Maybe if we gave him 200 million he shoots it on net...

I kid, Kovy isn't the reason we lost tonight, and hey one point! When you are on the bottom these things add up. I was happy with the way Tedenby played, hopefully he sticks.

#174 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

all i can hope for now, is that he picks things up over the next year or so with us, otherwise he isn't going to last out his contract with NJ.

You wish!

#175 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

We're on pace to collect 20W and the first overall pick!!!!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Oh please...Kovy has a partial breakaway, shoots it in the stands, he has a shootout and doesn't even get a shot on net because he fumbles the puck :rant: Sorry if I expect more than that and six points in sixteen games from our $100 million man. $100 million my tit. I hate the fact that Manta's probably going to be right and Kovy's our Yashin-like albatross.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#177 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

DM he should be removed.

Don't go around causing problems and then cry to mommy when the big kids lash back.

No offense intended to DM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#178 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

Maybe if we gave him 200 million he shoots it on net...

I kid, Kovy isn't the reason we lost tonight.

No, but you'd like him to be a reason we won!

#179 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

Oh please...Kovy has a partial breakaway, shoots it in the stands, he has a shootout and doesn't even get a shot on net because he fumbles the puck :rant: Sorry if I expect more than that and six points in sixteen games from our $100 million man. $100 million my tit. I hate the fact that Manta's probably going to be right and Kovy's our Yashin-like albatross.

I think Yashin did better than Kovy...at least he was partially the reason why the Isles made the playoffs.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#180 spacegrass

spacegrass

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

While I will admit that was pretty ugly, it seems a little early to call Kovy a failure in New Jersey. The whole team is struggling, cant put all the blame on him. Alot of people on this board seem to pile it on pretty heavy when things suck. My guess is if things were going better, they would be the same saying the kovy signing was the best thing ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users