61 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

I was ranting about this.... some Cowboy fan was trying to feed me the same trash you are.... so I asked him "how does a guy who can't run 1/3 of a team get the whole car now??"

That's the thing, they were a good offensive team the last couple years or at least they seemed to be when Garrett was supposed to be the coach in waiting. This year, they've become way too pass-happy for whatever reason and the offense has been terrible as a result.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

That's the thing, they were a good offensive team the last couple years or at least they seemed to be when Garrett was supposed to be the coach in waiting. This year, they've become way too pass-happy for whatever reason and the offense has been terrible as a result.

And who was calling those plays?? Who was the sole person running that offense into the ground??

Ginger-Coach
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Good Lord, I can't make sense of this league anymore. Pats do a hell of a job passing Big Test #1...would've like to have seen the D play the way they started off throughout, but so be it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#44 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Good Lord, I can't make sense of this league anymore. Pats do a hell of a job passing Big Test #1...would've like to have seen the D play the way they started off throughout, but so be it.

I saw it coming, CR 1976. The Steelers are vulnerable on their offensive line, and I thought there was a chance the Pats could get to Roethlisberger. Plus, I would never write off the Pats and Brady and Belichick.

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Also don't forget the Steelers AGAIN lost that DE Smith for the year..... when he's not in the lineup their winning percentage is like .370, or something totally bad like that... he's the key to their pass rush, and if you can't rush Brady you might as well go home.... they also made Palomalu (whatever his hair blocks his damn name anyway) look REALLY bad... like clueless rookie bad last night......this Pats team is DEFINITELY better then the smoke n mirrors team that won the division last year... I'd not want to face them****

*** (this is as of week 10, for the first 8 weeks of the year the Steelers looked invincible and this can change by the hour in the NFL this year :P )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

sooo.... Donovan McNabb without taking a snap goes from "not good enough to run a two minute drill".... to a FIVE YEAR EXTENSION????

Someone wanna try to explain this logic... I must be getting stupid since this makes ZERO sense to me.... :blink:

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

sooo.... Donovan McNabb without taking a snap goes from "not good enough to run a two minute drill".... to a FIVE YEAR EXTENSION????

Someone wanna try to explain this logic... I must be getting stupid since this makes ZERO sense to me.... :blink:

I guess his cardiovascular fitness and grasp of the playbook improved during those two weeks :lol:

In all seriousness, you're not alone here. My jaw hit the floor almost literally when I heard, this was definitely a 'Whatchu talkin' about, Willis?' moment.

If they had Childress instead of Shanahan coaching I'd say the owner was choosing the player over the coach but that's not the case obviously. An expensive PR gesture? McNabb is getting $40 mil guaranteed so that can't be it either.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 November 2010 - 04:19 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

I guess his cardiovascular fitness and grasp of the playbook improved during those two weeks :lol:

In all seriousness, you're not alone here. My jaw hit the floor almost literally when I heard, this was definitely a 'Whatchu talkin' about, Willis?' moment.

If they had Childress instead of Shanahan coaching I'd say the owner was choosing the player over the coach but that's not the case obviously. An expensive PR gesture? McNabb is getting $40 mil guaranteed so that can't be it either.

I'd be in better shape running to that contract too :P

I can't imagine why McNabb would sign this either when he could have a team like Arizona (or maybe even KC) by the balls to pay him instead of what they got in the off-season....just goes to the overall weirdness that is McNabb.......

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

I'd be in better shape running to that contract too :P

I can't imagine why McNabb would sign this either when he could have a team like Arizona (or maybe even KC) by the balls to pay him instead of what they got in the off-season....just goes to the overall weirdness that is McNabb.......

lol, maybe McNabb thought a bird in the hand was better than two in the bush? I honestly don't know if anyone else was giving him anywhere near 5-85 with $40 guaranteed in the offseason, especially with his meh performance so far this season.

The QB market's pretty limited anyway, Washington now is probably a much better situation team talent-wise than say a Carolina or Arizona would be in the offseason.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 November 2010 - 05:09 PM.

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

lol, maybe McNabb thought a bird in the hand was better than two in the bush? I honestly don't know if anyone else was giving him anywhere near 5-85 with $40 guaranteed in the offseason, especially with his meh performance so far this season.

The QB market's pretty limited anyway, Washington now is probably a much better situation team talent-wise than say an Arizona would be in the offseason.

Not offensively... I'd take Fitz, Breaston and their back over the crap the Redskins have, but that too is changable in the off-season also....not to mention Minnesota's gonna be QB-hunting too most likely.....

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Yeah I almost forgot the weapons that Arizona has because they don't have QB's that can use them this year, then again are any of them other than Fitzgerald really all that proven in a non-Warner offense? I don't like their runners either, Wells always has some issue and Hightower's just meh.

I think Minny'll just stay with T-Jack, he already got them to the playoffs once. Maybe they would have been in play for McNabb but that situation's so toxic right now who really knows what they'll do. God forbid Peyton Manning ever became a FA I'd love to see some of the contract offers HE'D get :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 November 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

I REALLY hope the ink dried on McNabb's contract :P

that luster came off in RECORD time!!!!! :lol:

#53 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

I'm willing to bet McNabb didn't want to leave the immediate area, he probably has roots somewhere between Philly and DC. Probably a factor in signing the contract. That or he knows his best days are far behind him and it was a last ditch money grab.

But what a sh!tkicking Washington got last night. Welcome back to irrelevency, Redskins.

re:Arizona, that's going to be a sweet QB destination for anyone with half a level of competency that's a free agent. Two very good wide receivers, a third competent one, and a coach that's committed to balance in the attack to set up the play action pass. Willing to bet they back up the money truck for Vick if Philly doesn't make it happen (which I believe will be a mistake; that team and system needs an accurate passer). Either that or they give up a second rounder for Kolb, which wouldn't be a terrible move if they can get away with it. It's clear that Max Hall and Derek Anderson (ANDERSON!) are not the answers at QB. Basically, ARI either needs a durable running back and a quarterback on offense. Now their defense, on the other hand...
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

Well at least McNabb got to play the full game this week :doh1:

I'd still love to hear the logic and the discussion between extending the guy during a two-week period that you already pooped on his value anyway (unless this was supposed to be some way to make him feel better about the 2 minute drill incident), the whole damn thing was so BIZARRE :noclue:

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Upon further review.... maybe the Redskins aren't THAT stupid after all....

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5812371

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

If they don't, then McNabb would stand to cash in. McNabb then would get to become an unrestricted free agent at a time when multiple teams will be looking to upgrade their quarterback, the position that commands the game's priciest salaries.

#56 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

AND...the NFLPA (amazed they actually exist)...submits a proposal to accept the 18 game schedule...less training camp time... and TWO bye weeks, I've heard that before I think B )

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5813574

#57 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

Upon further review.... maybe the Redskins aren't THAT stupid after all....

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5812371

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

If they don't, then McNabb would stand to cash in. McNabb then would get to become an unrestricted free agent at a time when multiple teams will be looking to upgrade their quarterback, the position that commands the game's priciest salaries.

I'm sorry, I have to dispute the bolded on the grounds that he's not head and shoulders above the pack based on his advanced age and advanced beating he's taken. Two teams come to mind for which this would be an upgrade, but not so much that he's gonna get a pricey free agent deal. In fact, depending on the draft I'm willing to bet McNabb has to settle for a contract to become a QB in this league.

McNabb is playing for his job for the last seven games, which is the only real good storyline going on in Redskin land. His most lucrative option is the guaranteed $37 million in Washington, and I don't think Shanahan likes Donovan enough to pay that out. Then again they did pay Haynesworth...

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 16 November 2010 - 04:39 PM.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

What happened to the '$40 million guaranteed' McNabb was supposed to be getting? :noclue:

And as for teams falling over themselves to get McNabb in the offseason, I think whoever Philly doesn't keep (Kolb or Vick) will be first on a lot of teams' wish lists - irony of ironies - before a declining mid 30's QB. Plus other teams that need a QB will draft one and then get a hold-the-fort vet to back up or stand in till they're ready.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 November 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:49 PM

"guaranteed" money in the NFL is one of the biggest jokes out there :P

I'd probably put McNabb in the top 3 on a list now of available possible FA/tradable QBs....

teams he'd be an upgrade to (least to me)
Tennessee (Collins is old and VY blowing off treatment and costing them the Miami game HAD to piss off Fisher)
Kansas City (I hate Cassel sue me :P )
Oakland (though I like Gradkowski)
49ers
Arizona
Seattle (he has more in the tank then Hasselbeck)
Minnesota
Carolina (but that's a better death sentence then Washington)

....you can add Miami to that if you want to... but I'm not giving up on Henne/Thigpen yet
....you COULD add the Jets to it too by the end of the year
....I'm so down on Palmer I might want to add Cinci to the list also

not the whole NFL beating down his door but enough to get a whiny brotha PAID eh???

Man does Phily look SMART ditching him and getting max VALUE for him.....

#60 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

What happened to the '$40 million guaranteed' McNabb was supposed to be getting? :noclue:

And as for teams falling over themselves to get McNabb in the offseason, I think whoever Philly doesn't keep (Kolb or Vick) will be first on a lot of teams' wish lists - irony of ironies - before a declining mid 30's QB. Plus other teams that need a QB will draft one and then get a hold-the-fort vet to back up or stand in till they're ready.

McNabb has get his roster bonus of $10 million in April for that to kick in.

"guaranteed" money in the NFL is one of the biggest jokes out there

I'd probably put McNabb in the top 3 on a list now of available possible FA/tradable QBs....

teams he'd be an upgrade to (least to me)
Tennessee (Collins is old and VY blowing off treatment and costing them the Miami game HAD to piss off Fisher)
Kansas City (I hate Cassel sue me )
Oakland (though I like Gradkowski)
49ers
Arizona
Seattle (he has more in the tank then Hasselbeck)
Minnesota
Carolina (but that's a better death sentence then Washington)

....you can add Miami to that if you want to... but I'm not giving up on Henne/Thigpen yet
....you COULD add the Jets to it too by the end of the year
....I'm so down on Palmer I might want to add Cinci to the list also

not the whole NFL beating down his door but enough to get a whiny brotha PAID eh???

Man does Phily look SMART ditching him and getting max VALUE for him.....

You play to get the VALUE! Hellllloooooooo! :lol:

As much as I'd love to see the fail in New York, I think the Jets are sticking with Sanchez until his current contract ends. He's marketable to a heavily-hispanic market in NY/NJ, and he's still got upside until about year 3-4.

Miami will only fish for McNabb if they believe Henne is completely done. And even then it's probably draft first.

All the others I agree with. Most of the others I think a lot of them will have the reasons to keep their current. Carolina will welcome him with open arms, but he'd never sniff the playoffs again. Arizona is probably the best place for him, altough I'd laugh my fool head off if he replaces Campbell again in Oakland.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 16 November 2010 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users