#1 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

EDIT: MORE ADDED ON PAGE 2

So I frequent Cowboyszone.com, and last year after we had a rough loss early in the season, and our future looked bleak, someone on the board decided to start a "Believe" signature trend. he made a bunch up and allowed people to use them, eventually others made their own, and after a while -- most of the board had a "Believe" sig. It was a huge thing on the boards, something that really kinda distinguished you as a believer or a non believer. This team is too talented to be this bad, and I know with my whole heart that we are a team destined for something special. Maybe we don't win the cup this year, but I don't think we're about to snap our playoff streak.

So here's what I propose. If you believe, snag one of the believe sigs I made below (I call dibs on the Marty in my signature) or make your own, and show the rest of the board that in our lowest of lows, which I really believe we're at or close to, you're ready to stick with this team and you believe in them. If you don't believe (phuckingkillmyself and Manta, among many others), cool. I really don't give a sh!t. But if you have faith in the team and you're proud of it -- show it to everyone else.

Here are a couple to try on for size, if you don't feel like making your own.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 11 November 2010 - 12:12 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

i respectfully take da zub!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:05 AM

i respectfully take da zub!

good man! :thumbsup: just take the image url and put it in your signature.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

They look great man, thanks! :hail:

...thats the pic of my favorite goal from zubrus btw, so much power and finesse in that breakaway against the pens :boogie:

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 November 2010 - 01:11 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

Thanks man, I don't know how to make my own without it looking like garbage so I'll use one of yours.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

Awesome man, these are sick. I'm gonna go ahead and use the kovy one

Edited by Devilsfan118, 11 November 2010 - 02:00 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

I like!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#8 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:43 AM

Made my own:
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

YAY optimism and positivity!!!!

Get some banners made up and take them to home games.

Can someone who can use a computer make me one using this picture please :koolaid: ??

Posted Image

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

I'm in. Could one of you computer savvy folks make one with this Greene picture? I'm a Photoshop retard

Posted Image

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#11 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

Great idea! I was actually curious about those "Believe" sigs when I first noticed them on the forums.

I was going to go with the one with the Devils logo (it's always about the team, baby), but after last night's drama I think I'm gonna stick with Kovy - it's always tougher to officially support a goat and I actually feel a stronger bond with a team or a player when things aren't going well for him.

#12 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Ugh I miss Photoshop. If I can find a way of getting it back I'll help out; I used to love making sigs and banners, and such.

I'll use the Kovy one for now. :)
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#13 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Edit: Done

Edited by lucifer91, 11 November 2010 - 09:34 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Love the idea
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

I posted something on "Fire and Ice" Comments. It goes like this, flame me if you want but whatever.

"Listen, I am not a fan of the booing either. While we are all frustrated as well as the devils, the booing is not helping. They know whats going on. This is a time when they can really use our support.

I wish there was a way I could organize something at the next home game where all the devils fans rally behind our team. We need to rally behind our team when they need us the most to support them. To let them know that we are their fans through the rough times as well.

We should rock the roof off the Rock with a unique chant to get our guys going, to make the hair stand up on the back of their necks and get their adrenaline going."
Posted Image

#16 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

People who are wearing this tag and "stop believing" need to have it stripped.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#17 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

I believe we suck, but am optimistic we will make the playoffs...

#18 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Love the idea

#19 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

I posted something on "Fire and Ice" Comments. It goes like this, flame me if you want but whatever.

"Listen, I am not a fan of the booing either. While we are all frustrated as well as the devils, the booing is not helping. They know whats going on. This is a time when they can really use our support.

I wish there was a way I could organize something at the next home game where all the devils fans rally behind our team. We need to rally behind our team when they need us the most to support them. To let them know that we are their fans through the rough times as well.

We should rock the roof off the Rock with a unique chant to get our guys going, to make the hair stand up on the back of their necks and get their adrenaline going."

I was thinking of making a poster saying something like "Kovy- The fans are behind you all the way" and putting it up against the glass during warmups.. I know players do read the posters as I've seen kids get tossed pucks if they have a poster saying it's their birthday..

Maybe if we start a "Jersey's Team!" chant that would be good, but starting a chant takes a large group
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

Lovin it.

@Colin226, I like that idea.. itd be pretty sick to show Kovy in the next game that we're all still behind him

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users