#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Great guys...give Peyton 15 yards...

31-28...defense now getting ripped up as they always do in the 2nd half...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Great guys...give Peyton 15 yards...

31-28...defense now getting ripped up as they always do in the 2nd half...

Gonna make ya sweat!

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Gonna make ya sweat!

It's worse than that. Colts are getting the ball back. Game over.

I know they put up 31, but the offense has to do better than they just did on their last two possessions. That D is spent.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

He was saying??? :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

And the Colts give it away just like the Chargers did :doh1:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Peyton thank you...that was so unlike him...he had plenty of time left in the game...no reason to attempt or rush that throw at all...Christmas just came early for the Pats' D...

#30 FOREVER!

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

And the Pats' D is going to have to figure out how to start playing better ball in the second half eventually. Manning's obviously an all-time great, but geez...

#30 FOREVER!

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Best of luck in your future endeavors there Brad.... better start selling cars....or insurance....or car insurance :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/n...erim-head-coach

So how long till Favre is next?

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

And the Pats' D is going to have to figure out how to start playing better ball in the second half eventually. Manning's obviously an all-time great, but geez...

Peyton has soooo many new receivers and running backs to get used to. The interceptions actually looked like wrong routes and a rushed throw.

Pats got a gift yesterday.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Peyton has soooo many new receivers and running backs to get used to. The interceptions actually looked like wrong routes and a rushed throw.

the first one was a misread by MANNING...Simms said it three times and Mariucci said it after....the receiver read the 4 deep zone right and Manning DIDN'T....the second one was Manning trying to be Favre and gunning it in there off-balance....besides...he's the best QB ever isn't he??:rolleyes:....it's NEVER his fault right??

Better yet....I blame Kovalchuk!!!

The Pats EARNED that one on defense....wonder how many times the Ravens will be able to say that this year now?

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

the first one was a misread by MANNING...Simms said it three times and Mariucci said it after....the receiver read the 4 deep zone right and Manning DIDN'T....the second one was Manning trying to be Favre and gunning it in there off-balance....besides...he's the best QB ever isn't he??:rolleyes:....it's NEVER his fault right??

The Pats EARNED that one on defense....wonder how many times the Ravens will be able to say that this year now?

Aren't we Mr. Sensitive!?!

I am sorry I never ascribed blame.

Your bitterness seems to be getting the best of you these days. Manning is one of the best QB's in the history of the game. Accept it.

Speaking of the Ravens not sure what your belly aching about.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Aren't we Mr. Sensitive!?!

I am sorry I never ascribed blame.

Your bitterness seems to be getting the best of you these days. Manning is one of the best QB's in the history of the game. Accept it.

Speaking of the Ravens not sure what your belly aching about.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=d456j-J0nhA

talk about mister sensitive here....you beat up on a guy who was home nursing a baby and watching at the bars with us last week and you're bragging about that?? Guess that helped heal the wounds Matt Ryan carved up on you eh??

I'm the one saying the Pats did a good job you're the one with the snip snip coming out mister!

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

talk about mister sensitive here....you beat up on a guy who was home nursing a baby and watching at the bars with us last week and you're bragging about that?? Guess that helped heal the wounds Matt Ryan carved up on you eh??

I'm the one saying the Pats did a good job you're the one with the snip snip coming out mister!

First off, Mr Sensitive: I didn't watch last weeks Secret Thursday Night game.

Secondly, You must not pay attention, as I have been telling everyone that, especially pre-Ed Reed that you can throw all day on us with both our corners out for the season.

Thirdly, I just stated it was more a Colts misplay, than a Pat D effort. I am sure Manning put quite the scare in New England in the 4th Quarter up to that INT.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Oh dear :unsure:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#35 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,363 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

I agree, Manning was partly to blame yesterday and he took plenty of blame in his postgame conference. I've always said that execution is a huge part of the game...and Peyton admitted as much, basically saying that he couldn't afford to make that many mistakes and expect to win.

I think Patriots' D earned it to an extent, but they had no answers for the Colts' offense at the end of the game...and that has been a big problem for the Pats' D as of late...opposing offenses seem to figure them out and go to town, though the game against Baltimore was a notable exception. I still don't know why Peyton felt the need to rush that throw at the end of the game...he had over 30 seconds left and two time-outs...he just should've heaved the ball out-of-bounds. Had he done that I think he would've gotten his team into the endzone before time ran out...he was doing whatever he wanted to against the Pats at that point.

#30 FOREVER!

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

First off, Mr Sensitive: I didn't watch last weeks Secret Thursday Night game.

Secondly, You must not pay attention, as I have been telling everyone that, especially pre-Ed Reed that you can throw all day on us with both our corners out for the season.

Thirdly, I just stated it was more a Colts misplay, than a Pat D effort. I am sure Manning put quite the scare in New England in the 4th Quarter up to that INT.

Well not my fault mister living in the stone age can't get away from his rabbit ears television set to watch the team he so boasts about all the time

last I checked Matt Ryan did it WITH Ed Reed....so did the IMMORTAL Ryan Fitzpatrick.... but hey you dominated the wet nurse 5th string QB on Carolina... gimme a woot woot!

.... AND I QUOTE (gotta get my Michael Cole time in now since I got Devils freebies tonight: )

It's not "a gift" to describe your coverage so good that you confused mister Direct TV in 3-D himself (and the last time this thread saw such a backhanded compliment it's me talking about the Jets)..... and I thought Manning was "so great" it didn't matter who he threw to??

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Well not my fault mister living in the stone age can't get away from his rabbit ears television set to watch the team he so boasts about all the time

last I checked Matt Ryan did it WITH Ed Reed....so did the IMMORTAL Ryan Fitzpatrick.... but hey you dominated the wet nurse 5th string QB on Carolina... gimme a woot woot!

.... AND I QUOTE (gotta get my Michael Cole time in now since I got Devils freebies tonight: )

It's not "a gift" to describe your coverage so good that you confused mister Direct TV in 3-D himself (and the last time this thread saw such a backhanded compliment it's me talking about the Jets)..... and I thought Manning was "so great" it didn't matter who he threw to??

It's not anyone's fault. 1.) I don't really have that kind of spare time to watch TV. 2). Missing a game is not a life or death issue

Again, I have been worried about our secondary since preseason. Ed Reed helps.

Who is Manning throwing to? Jarrvis James? Jacob Tamme? Blair White? Gijon Robinson??? Its understandable that there was a lack of communication with rookies and practice squad players.

Even someone as great as Manning needs communication and history with his receivers. Why are you so bitter?

Edited by MantaRay, 22 November 2010 - 04:21 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,605 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

It's not anyone's fault. 1.) I don't really have that kind of spare time to watch TV. 2). Missing a game is not a life or death issue

Again, I have been worried about our secondary since preseason. Ed Reed helps.

Who is Manning throwing to? Jarrvis James? Jacob Tamme? Blair White? Gijon Robinson??? Its understandable that there was a lack of communication with rookies and practice squad players.

Even someone as great as Manning needs communication and history with his receivers. Why are you so bitter?

No it's not... that I fully agree with, but you're taking the one game they pounded a guy who'd be a 2nd string in the CFL and saying they fixed it??

Manning is sitll throwing to that Reggie Wayne guy, he's still kinda good, he has his two talented backs and Tammie looks like a larger version of Dallas Clarke, it's no better or worse then some of the championship offenses Brady had

I'm not bitter, you just don't have your facts straight on this one that's all

oddly enough if I'm bitter about anything it's a Cowboys too-late-now winning streak, which is separate of this issue anyway

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

No it's not... that I fully agree with, but you're taking the one game they pounded a guy who'd be a 2nd string in the CFL and saying they fixed it??

Manning is sitll throwing to that Reggie Wayne guy, he's still kinda good, he has his two talented backs and Tammie looks like a larger version of Dallas Clarke, it's no better or worse then some of the championship offenses Brady had

I'm not bitter, you just don't have your facts straight on this one that's all

oddly enough if I'm bitter about anything it's a Cowboys too-late-now winning streak, which is separate of this issue anyway

WHAT????? Are you having imaginary conversations???

I don't have my facts straight that Peyton Manning is throwing to 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players from training camp that he doesn't have the rep's with???

I think your just having a hard time rationalizing and your throwing out nonsense.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Philip Rivers is missing his #1WR, #1TE off and on, and other WR's and has guys off the practice squad, and he is killing it...what is Manning's excuse?

Just sayin....

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users