7 replies to this topic

#1 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

Does anyone know about the Mudbugs from Louisiana? I got tickets to see a home game Sunday... :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#2 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Bossier-Shreveport? Yeah, they kicked the crap out of my team (Missouri Mavericks) last night 6-1. They're one of the best CHL teams, for what that's worth. The games are fun, but it's a lot of sloppy passing and unnecessary fighting.

#3 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yes that is the team. I got row A in 113 (wanted 114)... Hope it is a fun game. If you see Devils jerseys at the game.... You know who is there.

I am getting a Mudbugs jersey for certain.

#4 KC Devil

KC Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

Bossier-Shreveport? Yeah, they kicked the crap out of my team (Missouri Mavericks) last night 6-1. They're one of the best CHL teams, for what that's worth. The games are fun, but it's a lot of sloppy passing and unnecessary fighting.

Why are the Mavs your team? Are u in KC? From KC? Just curious....I have season tix to the Mavs. Small world!
Mike Martin
KC Devil

#5 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

Got to watch the Mudbugs play the Brahmas back in '05. The Brahmas' were late to the game 'cos the bus broke down. As for the game itself, it was very entertaining. The 'bugs had their Avery-type (Dan Wildfong, FTW!) getting into all kinds of mischeif. You could tell these guys weren't meant for the NHL, but every now and then you'd see a nice pass, shot, save, goal and you'd realize that these guys do possess some talent. In short, if I lived in Shreveport **shudder** I could very easily become emotionally invested in the team.

Enjoy the game!
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#6 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Funny it is like being at home game. They have the same goal chant the Devils do "You Suck"..

They also WON at home :)

Edited by Dead, 30 November 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#7 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

I used to go see the Asheville Smoke when I lived there. They're non-existant anymore. They were a part of the now-defunct UHL which was a step below the main farm systems. They didnt have a team affiliation.

Anyway, back in 2001 there was a game against the Knoxville Speed, who were their biggest rivals and akin to the Devs/Rags/Flyers etc. There was a fight that resulted in the BIGGEST and craziest brawl Ive ever witnessed either on TV or in person. We used to sit up in the bleachers cause they were cheap as hell ($3 admission some nights), but both benches cleared, the coaches and trainers got into it and it was pretty much absurd but so much fun. It was like something out of Slap Shot.

Its still one of my fondest hockey memories. LOVE minor league hockey.

#8 Scott O

Scott O

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:39 PM

Why are the Mavs your team? Are u in KC? From KC? Just curious....I have season tix to the Mavs. Small world!

I'm originally from New Jersey, but I live in KC now (Blue Springs). We go to a Mavs' game or two each month, but we don't have season tix. I saw someone there wearing a Colin White jersey to the Fort Wayne game a couple of weeks ago - could that have been you?

Edited by Scott O, 01 December 2010 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users