#221 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

Yankees ALDS roster:

Infielders: Mark Teixeira, Robinson Cano, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Eduardo Nunez, Eric Chavez

Outfielders: Brett Gardner, Curtis Granderson, Nick Swisher, Andruw Jones, Chris Dickerson

Catchers: Russell Martin, Jesus Montero

DH: Jorge Posada

Starters: CC Sabathia, Ivan Nova, Freddy Garcia

Relievers: Mariano Rivera, David Robertson, Rafael Soriano, Cory Wade, Boone Logan, Luis Ayala, A.J. Burnett, Phil Hughes

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#222 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

No complaints with the roser.

So pumped for tonight!

LET'S GO YANKS!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#223 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Well after an extremely crazy start to this series, I'd say game 1 went pretty damn well. Way for Nova to step up and Cano put on a show offensively! Hopefully game 2 goes well!

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#224 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

That Cano homerun was awesome!! I've seen my fair share of well-hit homeruns, and believe me when I say he DESTROYED that pitch. Nova was very good as well. Hopefully Freddy can follow suit tomorrow!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#225 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Sucks putting together a great regular season and throwing it all away in the first round. :argh: :argh: :argh:

The official start of the offseason can't come soon enough.

#226 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

And so the Yankees season rests on the shoulders of AJ Burnett. May God help us....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#227 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

God have mercy.. im still waiting to here the decision to start AJ is, really, just a joke. i can't believe this is actually happening. all i can do is watch.. but cmon dude, put together a nice game for us for once. please.

Lets go yanks, cmon boys

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#228 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

So, we were all pleasantly surprised by AJ, the offense did its job against the bullpen, and we're headed back to the Bronx. Now let's hope Nova can take us to the promised land.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#229 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

and all of a sudden, Girardi's decision to start AJ is brilliant. very pleased with how he pitched yesterday, he definitely did his job. Joe made sure he didnt pitch too long and get in trouble, cant blame him.

and now this series has basically taken a complete 180 degrees. im sooo pumped lets go!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#230 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

I know the playoffs are a crap shoot and I've been fortunate enough to see 5 WS titles in my life, but it doesn't make a first round loss after a great regular season any easier to deal with. Literally sick to my fvcking stomach right now.

#231 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I know the playoffs are a crap shoot and I've been fortunate enough to see 5 WS titles in my life, but it doesn't make a first round loss after a great regular season any easier to deal with. Literally sick to my fvcking stomach right now.

You should be...........for following a NY team............... :puke:

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap, 06 October 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#232 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

We've had this discussion before so you know my reasoning...they're the local team. Am I not allowed to cheer for a baseball team just because NJ doesn't have one?

#233 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Seriously dude? One if his favorite sports teams just lost in the playoffs and you're gonna troll him with that right now? Come on man.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#234 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

All things considered a good season for the Yankees when you think of the huge question marks in their pitching staff at the start. But definitely a very tough loss tonight. Offense just didn't show up tonight in a few situations where they could have blew it open. Girardi did a very good job managing his pitching staff though.

Edited by devilsrule33, 06 October 2011 - 11:32 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#235 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Seriously dude? One if his favorite sports teams just lost in the playoffs and you're gonna troll him with that right now? Come on man.

Thanks man. I actually want to take this opportunity to thank the Mets fans on this forum for being respectful to me over the years. Its nice to co-exist without any hostility. In fact the majority of my friends who like baseball in real life are Mets fans and I hope they get a chance to experience a WS title at some point. Your fanbase deserves a lot better than what you've got.

#236 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

+1.. especially how the game played out.

10 runners stranded. Sickening.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#237 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

This was really just a tough series to watch as a Yankee fan. They failed in the clutch time after time after time. Even guys with reputations for coming through like Jeter just couldn't even come close to getting it done. The guys who came through the biggest this series seemed to be the most maligned all year in Burnett and Posada. Cano looked great at times, awful at others. Gardner was a pleasant surprise. Granderson was there when needed. Everyone else....not so much. Swisher was useless, Teix was useless, A-Rod was useless, and Martin was useless. I don't know how Girardi didn't think once about changing the line-up after the whole middle of it proved they were doing NOTHING. I truly hope he is fired in the offseason. Meanwhile, while the pitching wasn't spectacular, it should've been enough to get the job done. Here's to rooting for Texas and whoever wins the Brewers/D-Backs series.

believe-devs.jpg

#238 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

All things considered a good season for the Yankees when you think of the huge question marks in their pitching staff at the start. But definitely a very tough loss tonight. Offense just didn't show up tonight in a few situations where they could have blew it open. Girardi did a very good job managing his pitching staff though.

Very excited for tomorrow's game. Roy Halladay is a future HOF, but this is the first gigantic game of his career. Very interested to see how he handles it.

I agree with you man, the Yankees really did get lucky with Colon and Garcia this year. I'm on record saying I didn't expect Colon to make it out of spring training and I didn't expect much from Garcia. All Colon did was post a 3.83 FIP 2.9 WAR and Garcia 4.12 FIP and 2.2 WAR.

I was also pleased to see a guy like Nova who I've been following for a few years now excel in his rookie season with a 4.01 FIP and 2.7 WAR.

I know I get on Girardi sometimes (mainly bunting) but I think he did a solid job managing this year.

#239 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

+1.. especially how the game played out.

10 runners stranded. Sickening.

Yeah RISPfail makes it all that more frustrating. While I do believe the Yankees are the better team, I have to give the Tigers credit for taking advantage of the breaks when they came to them. Bottom line is they stepped up and the Yankees couldn't.

#240 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Thanks man. I actually want to take this opportunity to thank the Mets fans on this forum for being respectful to me over the years. Its nice to co-exist without any hostility. In fact the majority of my friends who like baseball in real life are Mets fans and I hope they get a chance to experience a WS title at some point. Your fanbase deserves a lot better than what you've got.

Thanks for the very kind words. Obviously I can't speak for every Mets fan, but I really have no ill will towards the Yankees. The two teams aren't division rivals and they don't even play in the same league.

And I agree with DR33, despite the 1st round loss (it's a crapshoot, like you said), it was still a good season; Sabathia proved he's still one of the game's top starters, Granderson's hitting adjustments look to have made him into one of the game's top position players, and there are still tons of other valuable assets on that roster (Cano, Gardner, A-Rod, Teixeira). I have no idea what they plan on doing this offseason, but with their rotation looking like a bit of a project, C.J. Wilson would make tons of sense for them. He'll be 31 next season but he's hitting free agency with not a lot of mileage on his arm and hes a clear ace. The Yanks would be ridiculous with their lineup and a 1-2 punch of Sabathia and Wilson.

As an aside, I can't believe Valverde has been perfect this season despite meh peripherals. Also, people act as if K-Rod has major antics when he closes out games... oof, please, the guy jumps for joy for almost every out he gets. What a tool. He'll blow one in the ALCS; I guarantee it.

Edited by nmigliore, 06 October 2011 - 11:37 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users