260 replies to this topic

#101 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

If we don't win tonight, I'm going to drink until I think that we did.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#102 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Joba the Gut strikes again.

I've never hated a player on my own team more than I hate that fat bastard. He really looks like he doesn't give a sh!t. fvck him.

Posted Image

#103 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Joba the Gut strikes again.

I've never hated a player on my own team more than I hate that fat bastard. He really looks like he doesn't give a sh!t. fvck him.

Are you serious? Every relief pitcher has bad outings throughout the year, accept it and move on...we're all frustrated with the past few weeks but you can't overreact. Joba cares, they all care, I haven't seen anything to say otherwise. It's a long season.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#104 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

I'm not worried about this team, I think they'll turn it around, just one of those slumps right now. I am worried about the Posada situation blowing out of control. It's definitely not ideal and a lot remains unclear after Posada's presser. I know I get on Girardi a lot for his in-game managing, but I think he handled his presser about Posada extremely well, even though you could tell he was pissed off. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Posada didn't hide his dislike for Cashman too which I thought was interesting. There is definitely some rough feelings between Cashman and some of the vets like Posada and Jeter.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#105 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

Are you serious? Every relief pitcher has bad outings throughout the year, accept it and move on...we're all frustrated with the past few weeks but you can't overreact. Joba cares, they all care, I haven't seen anything to say otherwise. It's a long season.

I'm not worried about this team, I think they'll turn it around, just one of those slumps right now. I am worried about the Posada situation blowing out of control. It's definitely not ideal and a lot remains unclear after Posada's presser. I know I get on Girardi a lot for his in-game managing, but I think he handled his presser about Posada extremely well, even though you could tell he was pissed off. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Posada didn't hide his dislike for Cashman too which I thought was interesting. There is definitely some rough feelings between Cashman and some of the vets like Posada and Jeter.

Having 2 quality pitchers (tops) on your rotation doesn't constitute a "slump".

Posted Image

#106 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,980 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

The only Yankee starter with an ERA higher than 4 is Ivan Nova, and considering xFIP agrees, there's a decent chance that could continue. Their bullpen has at least 4 really good relievers in Rivera, Joba, Robertson, and Soriano (hes sucked but he'll turn it around). Their offense, even with Posada's major struggles, remains top flight - 1st in the AL in wOBA and 3rd in runs scored.

The division is really good, but there's still a lot there to be a top 2 team. The Rays are due to come back to earth some too, I think. Besides Price and Shields, their other 3 starters have an xFIP of 4.40 or higher. Their offense (in wOBA terms) has been decent but not much better than average, if that.

Also, take it for whatever its worth, but the Yankees have a better team wOBA and team xFIP than anyone in their division. Don't panic just yet. ;)

Edited by nmigliore, 15 May 2011 - 08:37 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#107 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

I will be pissed if we lose today... Getting swept by Boston is not an option.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#108 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

Having 2 quality pitchers (tops) on your rotation doesn't constitute a "slump".

No offense but you couldn't pay me to listen to anything Francesa has to say (or really any sports talk hosts since they're all garbage in NY). It's a long season, there are going to be weeks were everything goes right and weeks were everything goes wrong. The team we've seen recently isn't the real time, everyone needs to stop panicking.

#109 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

WE WON!

(How sad is it that I am actually excited about this?)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hopefully its the start of them getting on a winning streak now. Nice job by A-Rod with those 2 home runs, Dickerson showing up in his Yankee debut, and what a job by Robertson to get the Yankees out of that jam.

#111 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

99.9% of the time I would have no problem with Girardi going to Rivera in a 1-0 game, but with Colon dealing serious heat, under 90 pitches, I don't see why you wouldn't send him out there to finish it off. I'm tired of Girardi using his relief pitching "formula" all the time.

#112 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

To quote Bald Vinny: "this game has made me go from happy to pissed to frustrated to elated to scared to laughing. all in like the last 2 hours"

EDIT: and now I'm nervous and worried!

It's been a while since I've been this emotional over a game in May against the Orioles!

EDIT: It's finally over! Yankees finally win this one....just took about 2 and half hours more than a lot of people expected! Way to step up by Cano and Noesi! Hopefully Dickerson is ok after that pitch to the head.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 18 May 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#113 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

99.9% of the time I would have no problem with Girardi going to Rivera in a 1-0 game, but with Colon dealing serious heat, under 90 pitches, I don't see why you wouldn't send him out there to finish it off. I'm tired of Girardi using his relief pitching "formula" all the time.

Completely 100% agree with every part of this post. Colon was CRUISING, and Girardi pulls him in the 9th. :doh1: Not that I don't trust Mo, I will trust Mo even if he blows every save for the rest of the season, but Colon had FOUR baserunners last night...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

i was listening to wfan and they said 8 yankees are on pace to strike out more than 100 times this season :rant:

#115 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I really enjoy games more when the announcing duo is Singleton and Cone. Singleton has a smooth delivery doing the play by play and seems to really enjoy the game. Cone isn't afraid to bring up sabermetrics, tonight explaining FIP on air, and often references Fangraphs and Baseball Reference when it comes to a variety of stats (WHIP, GB%, FIP, Average Pitch Speed, etc.) His use of sabermetrics on air is truly refreshing in a world where most announcers denounce advanced statistics without attempting to understand them as well as just spew the "he's a gamer" or "what a gritty/clutch player" bullsh!t that we've been spoon-fed for years.

#116 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Jeter gets his 327 steal to claim the all-time Yankee record! Congrats to the Captain!

#117 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

Jeter gets his 327 steal to claim the all-time Yankee record! Congrats to the Captain!

Longstanding record held by rickey henderson... which is unbelievable -- Jeter bagged 327 bases in 17 games in pinstripes. Henderson had 326 in 4. Granted, that was never Jeter's game, but it goes to show you how unbelievable Henderson was.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 28 May 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#118 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

One thing I can't stand is an extra inning loss on the west coast. 2:30 in the fvcking morning for that?! Damnit!

I've followed most of Nova's minor league career so I've really been pulling for him, but I just don't think he can cut it as a starter for this team. Cutting it dangerously close to a 1 K/BB rate isn't going to be enough to deserve a starter spot. Unfortunately, options to replace him are limited, and they do have the luxury of skipping his next turn, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing how would do out of the bullpen.

I'd imagine in a couple of weeks more trade opportunities will open up for Cashman.

Its sad to watch Posada too as he was always one of my favorite Yankees. Going into last nights game where he went 0-3 he had just a .293 wOBA and 81 wRC+ in 151 PA. His ISO was down to .178 far below his career mark of .203.

Montero's had a decent start to his year, though you certainly expect him to improve upon these numbers as the season wears on. His numbers: .308/.343/.417 .335 wOBA 106 wRC+ .109 ISO 4.8% BB rate 23.7%K rate through 166 PA. I expect his BB/K rate to move towards something more respectable and his power will probably come around once he hits one of those hot streaks like he did in the 2nd half of last year. If he gets hot, Posada's days could be cut short.

I'm a huge Swisher fan and he deserves credit for how impressive his first two years were for the Yankees (.375 wOBA, 125 wRC+, 3.2 WAR in 2009/.377 wOBA 133 wRC+, 4.2 WAR in 2010) but he's really gotta start getting on a prolonged hot streak. Coming into last night he was sporting a .284 wOBA and 74 wRC+ through 188 PA. I have faith in him coming out of this but it's gotta be sooner rather than later.

#119 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

Yanks-Sox tonight! Lester vs. Garcia. Probably no Posada or Gardner vs. a lefty. Go YANKS!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#120 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Yankees-Red Sox and MLB Draft...what a great time of year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users