260 replies to this topic

#121 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I really hope Teixeira is ok after getting drilled in the right knee cap. Sounded and looked nasty. I can't remember seeing Teixeira in that much pain before. fvck Lester!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#122 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Can we please beat the goddamn Red Sox!!! (and not give up the 3 runs in the first inning to start) This is getting very frustrating. No game is a must-win in June, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that tomorrow's game is right up there in importance.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#123 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

As disastrous as this series has been, I'm just glad that the Yankees still have 2 games in hand. Hopefully the trade market opens up for some pitching help later this month and once Jeter gets 3,000 they drop him in the line up (though I'd be shocked after the Jorge fiasco).

I'm a bit concerned about Martin's injury and how much time he may miss. Cervelli has to be one of my least liked players of all time, Montero could be due for a call up but as of last night was still battling an eye infection, and Romine is still getting over his "mild concussion" from last week.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#124 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

As disastrous as this series has been, I'm just glad that the Yankees still have 2 games in hand. Hopefully the trade market opens up for some pitching help later this month and once Jeter gets 3,000 they drop him in the line up (though I'd be shocked after the Jorge fiasco).

I'm a bit concerned about Martin's injury and how much time he may miss. Cervelli has to be one of my least liked players of all time, Montero could be due for a call up but as of last night was still battling an eye infection, and Romine is still getting over his "mild concussion" from last week.

How/why??

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#125 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Looks like we've seen the last of Joba Chamberlain until 2013 (MAYBE late next season).

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6645446
Posted ImagePosted Image

#126 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

How/why??

Horrible offensively which I can live with from a back up catcher but his defense has left much to be desired. He actually used to be one of my favorite guys to follow when he was in the minors (all the way from low A) but his horrendous play in the big leagues has left me soured on him. I like his attitude and enthusiasm, but he needs to at least be passable defensively for me to like him.

On day of horrible injury news, I'm glad that Martin is only day to day and it doesn't appear like there will be a serious issue there.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 09 June 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#127 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Looks like we've seen the last of Joba Chamberlain until 2013 (MAYBE late next season).

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6645446

Ugh, not the news I wanted to see after I sit down from dinner. He must have a helluva high pain threshold to have been playing through it as it got worse. Really, really hurts the bullpen.

Bad injury news on the farm too...Justin Maxwell who was brought in to provide some depth for the big league club is done for the year with a torn labrum in his shoulder. He had been killing the league: .260/.358/.588 .415wOBA 162wRC+ with 16 HR. Obviously his numbers would've regressed to his career norms but he was a nice player to have stashed away in case there were injuries in New York. I do believe Golson just returned to the line up down there though this past week. Also Tim Norton who has battled injuries his whole career and just got a promotion to AAA, pitching a scoreless inning last night, is on the DL with a shoulder injury. Gotta feel like a guy like that who was being considered a call up option for the big league team. Could be an opportunity for Kevin Whelan who is having a great year to get his name in the mix.

#128 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

fvck Carmona, piece of sh!t. Gives up a long home run to Granderson and proceeds to drill Tex right in the back. I haven't seen Tex that angry since maybe the small incident with Span a few years back. Props to Girardi for getting ready to fvck up Acta. There won't be retaliation with Nova on the mound but hopefully the Yankees get a big lead late in this game and can drill someone like Choo in the goddamn back. I'm sick and tired of fvcking Yankees getting hit. 7 in 4 fvcking games. Drill someone in the goddamn head if you have to, this isn't acceptable.

#129 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

fvck Carmona, piece of sh!t. Gives up a long home run to Granderson and proceeds to drill Tex right in the back. I haven't seen Tex that angry since maybe the small incident with Span a few years back. Props to Girardi for getting ready to fvck up Acta. There won't be retaliation with Nova on the mound but hopefully the Yankees get a big lead late in this game and can drill someone like Choo in the goddamn back. I'm sick and tired of fvcking Yankees getting hit. 7 in 4 fvcking games. Drill someone in the goddamn head if you have to, this isn't acceptable.

THANK YOU.

The second a reliever comes in, I wanna see a helmet pop off.

Posted Image

#130 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

THANK YOU.

The second a reliever comes in, I wanna see a helmet pop off.

Amen. I just can't stand this anymore and from the looks of it neither can Girardi. There has to be retaliation (preferably tonight) at some point in this 4 game series. Hopefully the Yankees can keep this 5 run lead (or even add to it) so we can send some guy out in the late innings to drill someone.

As much as watching Yankees get drilled by Lester and Beckett annoyed me and pissed me off, at least most of those we're due to bad control. Carmona knew exactly what he was doing, it was blatant, it should be suspendable. Completely uncalled for to drill Tex in that situation.

#131 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

Wow, Whalen sucks.

Posted Image

#132 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Wow, Whalen sucks.

Minus this year he's struggled with walks his whole career so I'm not too surprised. I'll cut him slack tonight since it was his debut but with all the injuries the Yankees gotta do something about getting bullpen help.

Good start to this series for the Yankees, really hoping they can take at least 3 of 4 here. I'm not going to get too excited, but its nice to Posada coming around a bit...hopefully this turn around is legit.

#133 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Another game, another Yankee drilled...at least the umpires ejected Talbot. This can't continue, at some point you have to retaliate.

Really sucks that Colon pulled up with some sort of leg injury covering first just now...thats the last thing this team needs. Lets hope the bullpen from hell can hold onto this lead for the Yankees.

#134 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

2 down nobody on in the 7th and you're forced to put in a reliever, why the HELL don't you send up a rag-arm from your pen to bean someone?

Posted Image

#135 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

2 down nobody on in the 7th and you're forced to put in a reliever, why the HELL don't you send up a rag-arm from your pen to bean someone?

I would've been on board with that, though I do understand the game is tight which is why they didn't. I think if we're going to see anything its going to come from AJ on Monday. As long as they get the Indians back at some point I'll be happy.

#136 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, I have to imagine tomorrow or Monday some one is getting plunked. It's getting pretty ridiculous with how many Yankees are getting hit lately.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#137 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,221 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

In case you've missed the past few weeks, here's all you need to know.

-We can't beat Boston.
-We either score 15 runs or we get shut out.
-Bartolo Colon was our best pitcher.
-I say "was" because he got hurt. Well, sh!t. Hands up if you've heard of Brian Gordon prior to yesterday.
-Put your hands down you lying bastards
-Joba the Gut is gone too. Soriano, Joba, and Feliciano being gone turns our bullpen from a strength into a weakness. (Save Mo, o'course)
-But David Robertson kicks some ass.
-Jeter finally got back on track, and he was ready to reach 3,000 pretty quickly.
-I say "was", because he's hurt, too.
-The Grandy Man Couldn't, but now the Grandy Man Can (again) ((say that 5 times fast))
-If we're "too classy" of an organization to retaliate after getting plunked in 500 straight games, fvck it: I'm gonna bean a batter from my seats next game. Get at me, batter.

Posted Image

#138 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thats a great summary Martyisth3b3st...I really agree on your last point! haha

I noticed some people on twitter were upset that the Yankees are going to Gordon rather than the likes of Noesi, Phelps, or Warren but I think it is the right move from Cashman. The prospects are still going to be options for later in the year...there was no certainty that Gordon would still be there so might as well give him a try and hope to catch lightning in a bottle. If he works out short term than great, if not you can give one of the kids a try. A comparison of them in AAA this year:

Phelps – 7.78 K/9, 2.36 BB/9
Warren – 5.72 K/9, 3.53 BB/9
Gordon – 9.11 K/9, 1.14 BB/9

#139 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

gordon and wade did good :koolaid:

#140 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

I didn't get to watch the game, but the numbers were certainly very encouraging.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users