34 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

LOL, CRASHER beat me to the Rivers defense so I'll just add the only guys you could argue with Rivers for MVP are Brady and Vick at this point, but with San Diego's schedule Rivers might actually approach 5000 yards, that combined with a likely division title should make him a pretty easy pick if people aren't too ga-ga over Vick.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 November 2010 - 11:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

SF-Arizona = the least entertaining anti-football imaginable

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

SF-Arizona = the least entertaining anti-football imaginable

This game died to me when Frank Gore got hurt :P

(and yes I sigend Westbrook before you frackers could MANTA BLOCK me!!!! :rant: )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

This game died to me when Frank Gore got hurt :P

(and yes I sigend Westbrook before you frackers could MANTA BLOCK me!!!! :rant: )

For whatever reason, I have had this game on in the background for the entire second half. I laughed when Tirico said, "Anderson throws the ball ... somewhere down the field."

Edited by Jerrydevil, 29 November 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

For whatever reason, I have had this game on in the background for the entire second half. I laughed when Tirico said, "Anderson throws the ball ... somewhere down the field."

:lol:
was he shocked it fell safely to the ground???

We had it with no sound while we watched King of the Ring on Raw....I think we chose wisely!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

MNF is just terrible. Thank Odin for Sunday Night Football on NBC. Al Michaels and Collinsworth far superior to the clowns from Bristol.

Looking forward to this weeks Sunday Superbowl match-up.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

Derek Anderson wigs out.

#28 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

That's really something else. I'm not taking the Jets-Bills rematch for granted. Jets could certainly lose that game.

You think Fitzpatrick will be in the Bills' plans for next year? I think he should be.

Well I think right now the Bills matchup terribly with the Jets...we cannot handle aggressive defenses very well that can at least defend the pass...and even though the Jets have not run the ball that GREAT...they will against Buffalo, so we have some work to do there.

As for Fitz, I want to see how he does against NE, Mia, and the Jets...but as for now, if Buffalo cannot get the #1 overall pick, they should work on that abysmal Front 7 first and roll with the Fitz.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

As for Fitz, I want to see how he does against NE, Mia, and the Jets...but as for now, if Buffalo cannot get the #1 overall pick, they should work on that abysmal Front 7 first and roll with the Fitz.

They should do this anyway... they got some decent pieces in the secondary.... if they could get some toughness and even the ILLUSION of a pass rush they could be a pain in the neck next year (not to mention an in theory easier schedule... though they do play the NFC East next year.... Cowboys/Bills OH BOY!!:clap: )

Even the O-Line's been better then expected

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

Derek Anderson wigs out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQf0z9dsbnw

The press can be so annoying...such a bunch of self-righteous geeks who couldn't play the game themselves, yet have all of the answers.

Sure, Anderson's reaction isn't ideal, but the guy's not a robot...Jim Bouton (former Yankee who penned the then-controversial Ball Four) said it was always absurd how athletes were expected to act like their best friend died after a loss. Just because he dared to share a chuckle (probably a weary one) doesn't mean he's this horrible guy who doesn't care. SO sick of this template act the press thinks players must model themselves after.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

The press can be so annoying...such a bunch of self-righteous geeks who couldn't play the game themselves, yet have all of the answers.

Sure, Anderson's reaction isn't ideal, but the guy's not a robot...Jim Bouton (former Yankee who penned the then-controversial Ball Four) said it was always absurd how athletes were expected to act like their best friend died after a loss. Just because he dared to share a chuckle (probably a weary one) doesn't mean he's this horrible guy who doesn't care. SO sick of this template act the press thinks players must model themselves after.

Agree with all this and to make it worse for me I felt it was a bullsh!t question to ask and he asked it in a way that even worse was designed to bait Anderson and make him PIST so he'd go on this tirade so this dope reporter can make a name for himself.... again why I hate the media....the same person that asks a guy who got out of a fire but his family died in it "how do you feel??" how the frack do you think he feels idiot!!!!!!

#32 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

Derek Anderson wigs out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQf0z9dsbnw

Gettin' caught with his hand in the cookie-jar, and then doing everything in his power to try and SCREAM his point across. Like a kid who gets busted for cheating on a test.. and his parents come storming into school yelling; "How dare you accuse my son of such a thing!" As if that's going to prove the child's innocence.
This is the first I'm seeing of this. Pretty classic meltdown I must say. Right up there with; -They are WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! :giggle:

The fact that Anderson was laughing, doesn't necessarily point out that he wasn't concentrated on the game per say. More like, the Cardinals already conceded defeat.. which (for me) if I were a Cardinals fan, would upset me even more. The score was 24-6 at that point, in the 3rd quarter.. which is about 2 TD's (with @ least 1 two-point-conversation) and a FG. FFAAAAAARR from being considered insurmountable.
..but ultimately, that's the difference between being a *competitor, vs. *just another player. Down 18 points.. you think a guy like Tom Brady would be amused by a teammates' stand-up? Yeah.... me neither. Probably chewing someone out for not giving 110%. That's the quarterback I want to QB my team.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Gettin' caught with his hand in the cookie-jar, and then doing everything in his power to try and SCREAM his point across. Like a kid who gets busted for cheating on a test.. and his parents come storming into school yelling; "How dare you accuse my son of such a thing!" As if that's going to prove the child's innocence.
This is the first I'm seeing of this. Pretty classic meltdown I must say. Right up there with; -They are WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! :giggle:

Oh please...getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar? What, he's not allowed to have the slightest chuckle on the sideline...which wouldn't have even been an issue if it hadn't been caught on camera? He's the only guy in the history of sports who dared to chuckle when his team was losing? And then to have some smug press schmuck trying to turn it into more than it was...I could see why Anderson was annoyed by that.

The fact that Anderson was laughing, doesn't necessarily point out that he wasn't concentrated on the game per say. More like, the Cardinals already conceded defeat.. which (for me) if I were a Cardinals fan, would upset me even more. The score was 24-6 at that point, in the 3rd quarter.. which is about 2 TD's (with @ least 1 two-point-conversation) and a FG. FFAAAAAARR from being considered insurmountable.
..but ultimately, that's the difference between being a *competitor, vs. *just another player. Down 18 points.. you think a guy like Tom Brady would be amused by a teammates' stand-up? Yeah.... me neither. Probably chewing someone out for not giving 110%. That's the quarterback I want to QB my team.

Brady's also an all-time great. Laughing or not, no one's putting Anderson on anywhere near that level. He is what he is. I don't watch him week-to-week to know enough about how competitive he might be, but I'm not going to kill him for having a small laugh (it's not like he was gaffawing), and assume he's a lousy competitor based on that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 December 2010 - 03:43 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#34 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

T`Sizzle sounds off;
http://profootballta...peyton-manning/

"..the league has their favorites. One being in Indy, and the other one being with that team up north. Besides those two, everybody else is fair game. Some quarterbacks are getting the calls right away, and some quarterbacks, they just don’t care. Like I always said, Carson Palmer got hit in his knee in 2005, but there was no rule made. Then Tom Brady got hit in his knee, and all of a sudden there is a rule and possible suspensions, excessive fines.. it’s just ridiculous. And then the lack of suspensions after the Andre Johnson Cortland Finnegan fight? Maybe if I throw some punches at a quarterback with a bad hairdo, I would get thrown out of the league!” — Terrell Suggs.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#35 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

I never underestimate Pittsburgh.......bastards.

Boy, do I hate being right all the time!

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users