#161 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!!

Kovalchuk not seen since his days with Atlanta.

Can this guy elevate his teammates? NO.
Can this guy score under pressure? NO.
Can this guy score game winning goals in regulation? NO.
Can this guy score regularly? NO.
Can this guy make lots of money without consequence? YUP!

I'm so tired of him. Can we trade him for a roll of tape or some skate guards?
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#162 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Can we trade Zajac for a real center?
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#163 lilgriffey84

lilgriffey84

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

Maclean is to soft for the job. It seems like he has no passion or fire. He doesnt get into the players. It just seems like hes to passive and let the players get away with unacceptable play

#164 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!!

Kovalchuk not seen since his days with Atlanta.

Can this guy elevate his teammates? NO.
Can this guy score under pressure? NO.
Can this guy score game winning goals in regulation? NO.
Can this guy score regularly? NO.
Can this guy make lots of money without consequence? YUP!

I'm so tired of him. Can we trade him for a roll of tape or some skate guards?

It's absolutely ridiculous to pin this all on Ilya Kovalchuck. This team as a whole sucks! The Arnott line is the only decent line this team has and that's mostly because of the energy Teddenby is bringing to the team.

#165 Whatthechuk

Whatthechuk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

If they played one game without dumping it in and not chasing it.. I would faint.
Hire a new coach, learn a system that allows kovy-bust to shoot the puck rather than trying to pull triple deaks and pass the puck, and work a system around the god dam russian.

We fvcked ourselves with this deal, were doing horrible. Why not use the hot-shot and try to get em heated up.
Someone said it earlier,
1.Tends-Patty-Kovy should be the first line.
2.Rolston should be injured long term by someone on the team.
3.Go waiver shopping and swap players till something works.
4.Watch TSN and hire someone from there for coach.
"Whered he go>"
Posted Image

#166 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

lou is just as much part of the problem '7"

and devilinla should be happy - elias was awful tonight

Maybe but Lou ain't firing himself and as much as anyone may think Vanderbeek wants to mircromanage he ain't going to that level yet :P

This is the kind of game that does get coaches fired though, among other things. Just ask Larry, who got sh*tcanned shortly after we lost to an expansion Atlanta team (probably the last time Kovalchuk had a pulse).

No excuse for this, they were all pretty much dogs. I knew we were in for it when I heard Matt and Sherry on the radio saying TWO defensemen got caught upice in the first goal. That told me they weren't mentally into the game and there's no excuse for that in the precarious position the team's in right now.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#167 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

well, that was a step back. so much for the fantasy of a quick rally. :lol:

it's pretty sad that Tedenby is the best forward on the team and the only time something happens is when he's on the ice.

#168 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

and plenty of this should be pinned on Kovalchuk. this is his team at this point. he has 4 goals and is playing like he'd rather be anywhere else half the time.

his play has been putrid. he was awful the other day, but he won the game so he gets a sorta pass. it's amazing how he's lost almost all ability to find a shooting lane. he got one in the 3rd and I was amazed. that's how few and far between it's gotten.

and he kills any PP he's involved with dead. the Arnott unit had been going pretty well, so today Kovy plays with them and boom, that's the end of that.

and where's the talent, really. I'm waiting to see it. they have 2 or 3 players with a hockey IQ that isn't low double digits.

#169 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'm not too upset. It was a battle of equals that could have gone either way. :D

#170 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:13 PM

I wrote and deleted a long rant, and will simply say that this was one of the worst efforts I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through. The only thing that could have made that garbage worse was if it happened on home ice (at least i would have gotten home sooner). Tedenby and Hedberg are the only guys who appeared to have any interest in being at the game. I guess neither of them celebrate Thanksgiving.

I'm usually on an even keel, win or lose, because the season is long – some longer than others apparently – but I REALLY want to drill someone in the face with a rock right now.

Edited by moj8681, 26 November 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#171 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

btw, regarding magnan playing - corrente was hurt - that's the only reason he was out there.

doesn't matter though - when magnan is the reason you're losing, then you're a pretty good team that had its one weak link exposed. on this team, anyone not named tedenby or volchenkov has been the weak link lately.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#172 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Kovy hasnt been doing anything other than killing his own team's cycles by standing at the point waiting for the puck to come to him. Someones gotta yell at him to start moving around off the puck.

Zajac is not a no 1 center. Itd be n ice to have one on our team.

#173 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,905 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

and plenty of this should be pinned on Kovalchuk. this is his team at this point. he has 4 goals and is playing like he'd rather be anywhere else half the time.

his play has been putrid. he was awful the other day, but he won the game so he gets a sorta pass. it's amazing how he's lost almost all ability to find a shooting lane. he got one in the 3rd and I was amazed. that's how few and far between it's gotten.

and he kills any PP he's involved with dead. the Arnott unit had been going pretty well, so today Kovy plays with them and boom, that's the end of that.

and where's the talent, really. I'm waiting to see it. they have 2 or 3 players with a hockey IQ that isn't low double digits.

Kovalchuk has been here damn near a full year and has done exactly jack sh!t. Jack. And sh!t. Everyone keeps saying "Well, he's too good. He's gonna wake up eventually, he's just too good not to. He's just trying too hard". I ask you- WHEN?! In 10 months he's been borderline invisible. At this point, I can only utter two words (and Met fans will know what I'm talking about): Roberto. Alomar.

Edited by MadDog2020, 26 November 2010 - 05:32 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#174 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

btw, regarding magnan playing - corrente was hurt - that's the only reason he was out there.

doesn't matter though - when magnan is the reason you're losing, then you're a pretty good team that had its one weak link exposed. on this team, anyone not named tedenby or volchenkov has been the weak link lately.

The thing with Magnan playing, at least for me, is that he is a constant reminder of how damn awful this team and season has been so far. When you're basically in December and this kid is playing a regular shift for you, it just makes you realize what a total sh!t show this season has become.

I just love the post game quotes from the players and Mac. Give me a break. Bunch of fvcking jokers. It's the same old song and dance that we have seen and heard all season. "Not enough energy...We have to stick with it..."I skipped on the 3rd period but knew exactly what happened. They didn't score but they turned up the heat for 20 minutes and out shot the other team by a wide margin by taking low percentage shots. Now where the hell have I seen that before? They're so predictable that it's actually sad at this point.

This team basically drove their season off of a cliff today. 59 games to go blah blah blah. They bring a sh!t effort to the ice far too often and then proceed to do nothing about it except talk. That's all they do. They would be great on the message boards.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#175 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

The thing with Magnan playing, at least for me, is that he is a constant reminder of how damn awful this team and season has been so far. When you're basically in December and this kid is playing a regular shift for you, it just makes you realize what a total sh!t show this season has become.

I just love the post game quotes from the players and Mac. Give me a break. Bunch of fvcking jokers. It's the same old song and dance that we have seen and heard all season. "Not enough energy...We have to stick with it..."I skipped on the 3rd period but knew exactly what happened. They didn't score but they turned up the heat for 20 minutes and out shot the other team by a wide margin by taking low percentage shots. Now where the hell have I seen that before? They're so predictable that it's actually sad at this point.

This team basically drove their season off of a cliff today. 59 games to go blah blah blah. They bring a sh!t effort to the ice far too often and then proceed to do nothing about it except talk. That's all they do. They would be great on the message boards.

Give the Islanders credit, though. :rofl:

#176 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

It's absolutely ridiculous to pin this all on Ilya Kovalchuck. This team as a whole sucks! The Arnott line is the only decent line this team has and that's mostly because of the energy Teddenby is bringing to the team.

Be Kind and rewind...

Let's see:
1 -Him wanting millions of dollars in a some obscure long term deal cost the Devils the chance to pick/tade for a guy who could play the point. Greene and Taormina are not the LONG term answer for a number 1 offensive D guy.

2 -No one wants this guy around and I bet you there is anomosity in the locker room espeically now with his lack of production. As a Bruins fan pointed out elsewhere: Shawn Thornton has as MANY goals as Kovalchuk.

3 -For a superstar he sure doesn't bring his fellow teammates to the next level. Ovechking does, so does Malkin, Stamkos does too, but this guy doesn't. With all that money he is making for life... I won't even go there.

4 -Lack of heart. I compare Kovalchuk to Hossa. It is a fairly good comparison with Height, postion, weight, and playing style. Hossa hustles back on D, I don't see that with Kovalchuk EVER. Hossa wants to win and Kovalchuk just wants the puck (see the many times he either takes the puck off players sticks, or tells them he is going to take it.

5 -Piss poor attitude. He scored 40 goals almost every season in the NHL and people are blaming a lack of a number one center as being the culprit. Hello, he played in Atlanta. He didn't always have Savard as his center and still scored. Good players find ways of scoring regardless.

6 -NOT Clutch. He does not handle pressure well. Kovalchuk can make some amazing plays, but put him on the ice when it matters and he will not preform. All that money and you can't come through in the clutch. Don't give me the shoot out goal the other night either, going first in the shoot out has zero pressure compared to the previous time when Langenbrunner came through to send it to sudden death. THAT IS CLUTCH!

7 -Salary Cap. His hit wouldn't allow the Devils to play a full team one night. You can blame Rolston all you want, but this guy will be a big thorn in the Devils side for years to come. Hopefullyh the thorn doesn't bury itself deeper.

I am all but begging to be proven wrong, but Kovalchuk just validates points. This guy, one way or another is the cause of the majority of the Devils issues one way or another.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#177 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,905 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Ya know, I didn't even read any of their stupid-ass quotes because I knew how much more disgusted it would make me. There's no fire. There's no passion. Hey a$$holes- you just got SHUT-OUT by a team that had lost 14 fvckING GAMES IN A ROW. How about someone being PISSED THE fvck OFF??!!

Edited by MadDog2020, 26 November 2010 - 05:38 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#178 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,805 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Kovalchuk has been here damn near a full year and has done exactly jack sh!t. Jack. And sh!t. Everyone keeps saying "Well, he's too good. He's gonna wake up eventually, he's just too good not to. He's just trying too hard". I ask you- WHEN?! In 10 months he's been borderline invisible. At this point, I can only utter two words (and Met fans will know what I'm talking about): Roberto. Alomar.

I was thinking of 2 different words: Alexei. Yashin.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#179 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

I was thinking of 2 different words: Alexei. Yashin.

Oh, you went THERE. Haha!

#180 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

He still got us 2 ot wins and helped win the shootout last game. Do you guys really think we would be better off without him? No one else on this team is doing much of anything either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users