44 replies to this topic

#1 ooinvisiblekidoo

ooinvisiblekidoo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

There's supposed to be fireworks after the game according to the Devils website. My question is what time will it take place? Would it be after the game or at midnight for New Years?

Thanks!

#2 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure, but I'd doubt it'd be at midnight since it's a 5 PM game.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

I hear they're going to light off bottle rockets in the building.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#4 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

It happens when Kovy lights up Pavelec.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#5 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

It happens when Kovy lights up Pavelec.

LOL. Not likely to happen.

Atlanta will probably rest Pavelec against us as they play against Boston the day before. So the Devils will probably see yet another back-up goalie.

This is the only game this year that I considered going to as Atlanta is moving in the right direction and is currently ranked #6 in the conference. Go Bergy!!!

Edited by MantaRay, 01 December 2010 - 11:52 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#6 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

Atlanta will probably rest Pavelec against us as they play against Boston the day before. So the Devils will probably see yet another back-up goalie.

This is the only game this year that I considered going to as Atlanta is moving in the right direction and is currently ranked #6 in the conference. Go Bergy!!!

Atlanta's looking really good this season. I think either them or the Bolts could go deep this season. It would be nice to see a team like Atlanta in the conference finals instead of the standard contenders lately. Hopefully it will be a conference final against the Devils.
Big DBuff kicks ass! Yes, I'm on his jock!

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

Atlanta's not that good and they will probably finish out of the playoffs. Again.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#8 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

Atlanta's looking really good this season. I think either them or the Bolts could go deep this season. It would be nice to see a team like Atlanta in the conference finals instead of the standard contenders lately. Hopefully it will be a conference final against the Devils.
Big DBuff kicks ass! Yes, I'm on his jock!

It's interesting because aside form St Louis and Stamkos Tampa really lacks talent. I am not even sure who they have on D or who their starting goalie is these days.

Atlanta is just Rick Dudley building teams in the right way: dumping overrated cost prohibitive players for younger better talent and exploiting teams with cap problems. He has cleaned house and turned this franchise around. In a year or so, these guys will probably win their division. They are still learning to win, but Ramsey has them going in the right direction.

I wish we had their PP.

Atlanta's not that good and they will probably finish out of the playoffs. Again.

Coming from you this basically assures them of a playoff spot this year!!!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

You'd better be right because if Atlanta ever did make the playoffs while we missed them, the Vanderbeek and Kovalchuk bashing would be so unbearable I'd go on hibernation from this board for months.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

It's interesting because aside form St Louis and Stamkos Tampa really lacks talent. I am not even sure who they have on D or who their starting goalie is these days.

Goalies: Dan Ellis, Mike Smith Defense: Pavel Kubina, Brett Clark, Victor Hedman,Matthias Ohlund to name a few. Forwards: Ryan Malone, Simon Gagne, Steve Downie, Dominic Moore, Sean Bergenheim, Adam Hall. Keep in mind Vinny LeCavelier is out of the line up and they're still pretty successful. I would take any of the above guys on our roster.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#11 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,735 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

You'd better be right because if Atlanta ever did make the playoffs while we missed them, the Vanderbeek and Kovalchuk bashing would be so unbearable I'd go on hibernation from this board for months.

right now they are relying on superb goaltending, great power play, and the right side of the percentages at even strength. but they're no good at even strength, which is largely what determines who wins and loses. they could make it, but does anyone really think that byfuglien is going to be an 80 point player or that pavelec is the next dominik hasek? and even with these ridiculous performances they're only 6th in the conference.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#12 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

Atlanta is just Rick Dudley building teams in the right way: dumping overrated cost prohibitive players for younger better talent and exploiting teams with cap problems.

Yea, because he didn't try anything possible to keep Kovalchuk or anything :blahblah:

#13 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Amberite is right. The Thrashers did try to lock up The Enigma, who maybe ended up doing the Thrashers a favor. Call it good fortune.

#14 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:05 PM

Amberite is right. The Thrashers did try to lock up The Enigma, who maybe ended up doing the Thrashers a favor. Call it good fortune.

Not quite. Kovalchuk and his agent made it clear to the Thrashers before last season that he was not going to sign with them and he would test the UFA market.

The $10 million per season "offer" wasn't made official until AFTER the trade so that management could save face with Atlanta's tiny fanbase. PR 101.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#15 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

right now they are relying on superb goaltending, great power play, and the right side of the percentages at even strength. but they're no good at even strength, which is largely what determines who wins and loses. they could make it, but does anyone really think that byfuglien is going to be an 80 point player or that pavelec is the next dominik hasek? and even with these ridiculous performances they're only 6th in the conference.

I don't think either of these things is possible but Buff's got 27 points which is good for 9th in the league and he's a d-man and Pavelec is quite talented in net. Atlanta's actually ranked 11th in 5 on 5. That's pretty decent.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#16 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

The $10 million per season "offer" wasn't made official until AFTER the trade so that management could save face with Atlanta's tiny fanbase. PR 101.

I seem to recall the order of events differently.

Anyway, back to what this thread was about before manta hijacked yet another, I can't imagine the fireworks would occur after the game since it's a day game.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#17 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Wow, overstatement of the year.
Not that good? Well:

1.) Look at what Buff is doing point wise - he's the leading pointman in the NHL.
- Through Nov. Byfuglien led all defencemen in scoring with six goals and 11 assists in 14 games and posted a plus-9 rating.
- Through his first 25 games of the season, Byfuglien is leading all NHL defensemen in goals (10) and points (27) and he has to be one of the early favorites to win the Norris Trophy as the league's top blueliner. 100 shots so far.

2.) Buff and Enstrom are quietly forming one of the league's most deadly top pair.
Enstrom and Byfuglien are tied for first in power-play points by a defenseman with 13. Not coincidentally, the Thrashers' power-play unit ranks fourth in the League at 23.8 percent.

3.) Pav is on roll and has been on fire since coming back from his opening night scare.
- By winning all six games during the streak, Pavelec broke the team record for consecutive wins by a goalie. Johan Hedberg (2009) and Pavelec had shared the mark at five.

Some great results here especially with Kane on his way to a breakout season. Ramsay is doing a hell of a job with this group .I'd take these results any day over where we are.
But maybe you have some CORSI mumbo-jumbo that will somehow convince us all of results different than what the entire hockey media world is talking about.

Edited by DevilinLA, 01 December 2010 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#18 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

I seem to recall the order of events differently.

Anyway, back to what this thread was about before manta hijacked yet another, I can't imagine the fireworks would occur after the game since it's a day game.

Speaking of hijacking the thread:

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#19 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

Did anyone think that he was going to make a successful transition back to defense?
Did anyone think Kovi would be where he is right now with t=his personal stats?
Did anyone think that we would be crossing our fingers nightly to win one-game goals by the luck of a shootout?

They have a great transition game compared to our nonexistent one.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Quote from DevilinLa: Did anyone think that he was going to make a successful transition back to defense?
Did anyone think Kovi would be where he is right now with t=his personal stats?
Did anyone think that we would be crossing our fingers nightly to win one-game goals by the luck of a shootout?

Edited by CarpathianForest, 01 December 2010 - 03:03 PM.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users