265 replies to this topic

#241 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

The money's already gone anyway, I'd rather not waste the extra hour waiting for the next train to top that off. In ninety years of hockey there's been exactly one five-goal comeback after two periods and that was the LA-Edmonton playoff game in the early '80's, so that's pretty much my cutoff point. If we'd scored even one lousy goal on that 5-on-3 I would have stuck it out but that was pretty much the icing on a cake of ****.

If I had to do a commute like that then I would have too but mines not bad so it doesn't make a difference. I just can't stand when they give 0 effort. It's disgraceful.

#242 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

I looked forward to this gm all week.

I just cannot fathom how this sh!tfest of a team can play with zero effort.

#243 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

looked like mighty mouse and benedict gomez were in hog heaven...
how the fvck could they let gionta score 11 seconds in?
imeanjesusHchrist...WTF!

I can not agree more, Lou needs to do something there is no chemistry, accountability . We need a coach who is going to hold players accountable. Kovalchuck has tied Lou's hands so the quickest shake up should be to get rid of JMac, Oats and offer the head coaching job to a strict coach, even with our injuries there is no reason for the inability to score it is a joke, and Kovalchuk looks like he has given up and is not in a slump he looks lost out there. No one seems comfortable on a steady basis.
I just watched the DVD of 2003 this afternoon and tonights game made me sick to see how far this team has fallen.
Hell put Scott Stevens and Dano as coaches they can't do much worse and they would not except the play of this team if we can even call it a team.

yes i agree with sicman as well...
it's time to bring in Damien Thorn or some other worldly menacing son of a bitch to bring order to this chaos
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#244 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Lou had thought about calling Scotty in to come throw a skate at someone's head even if he won't admit it. I can be certain that things go on behind closed doors regardless of what is being said publicly.

815631765.gif

#245 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

I used to go to The Rock hoping to see/expecting to see a Devils WIN. Now I find myself going there hoping to see at least 2 periods of a close hockey game....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#246 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

I'm sorry, you can say this isn't MacLean all you want- when a team gives this type of effort, players AND the coach need to be held accountable. A coach's job is to have his team ready to play, and this team plays as if its actually trying to lose games sometimes. So he is one of the many changes that must be made.

I kind of agree. How can a team come out so unprepared after a few days to prepare? And they came off a good win. Not saying it's all on Mac but man. That is inexcusable.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#247 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

What frustrates me the most is that nothing has changed. We've been awful for 2 months now.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#248 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

Heres the players ice time tonight
J. Arnott C 13:55
D. Clarkson C 14:40
M. Corrente D 17:38
P. Elias LW 14:00
M. Fayne D 17:25
S. Gionta C 13:11
A. Greene D 18:01
I. Kovalchuk LW 17:27
J. Langenbrunner RW 20:11
A. Mair C 13:03
R. Pelley C 17:16
B. Rolston LW 13:57
H. Tallinder D 23:39
M. Tedenby LW 16:32
A. Volchenkov D 16:31
C. White 19:24
T. Zajac C 18:16
D. Zubrus RW 11:55

Mac is giving more or equal ice time to mair pelley and gionta, over elias zubrus and arnott?? What a complete joke add this to his dumbass line changes and embarassing powerplay setups.

Including preaseason and road games i have been to 17 gms this year with only 5 wins. I am done watching this team give no effort, i am done not seeing the coaches trying to motivate these players on the bench, and i am certainly done with John Maclean, you sir really really dissapointed me. But i will still go to gms and support the team i love, but i cannot wait for the day where our veterans who are dragging us down are gone, and i certainly cant wait to see Maclean gone.

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 December 2010 - 01:19 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#249 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

Heres the players ice time tonight
J. Arnott C 13:55
D. Clarkson C 14:40
M. Corrente D 17:38
P. Elias LW 14:00
M. Fayne D 17:25
S. Gionta C 13:11
A. Greene D 18:01
I. Kovalchuk LW 17:27
J. Langenbrunner RW 20:11
A. Mair C 13:03
R. Pelley C 17:16
B. Rolston LW 13:57
H. Tallinder D 23:39
M. Tedenby LW 16:32
A. Volchenkov D 16:31
C. White 19:24
T. Zajac C 18:16
D. Zubrus RW 11:55

Mac is giving more or equal ice time to mair pelley and gionta, over elias zubrus and arnott?? What a complete joke add this to his dumbass line changes and embarassing powerplay setups.

Including preaseason and road games i have been to 17 gms this year with only 5 wins. I am done watching this team give no effort, i am done not seeing the coaches trying to motivate these players on the bench, and i am certainly done with John Maclean, you sir really really dissapointed me. But i will still go to gms and support the team i love, but i cannot wait for the day where our veterans who are dragging us down are gone, and i certainly cant wait to see Maclean gone.

um, the game was all but over 2 minutes in, who cares about TOI distribution. there was obviously a mass benching and honestly the fourth line deserved to play the most of everyone on the ice. you act like this was a tight 2-1 loss. this was a beating in which the Habs could have picked their score

#250 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:30 AM

Ya ok, for now on every time we are losing i want to see Gionta Mair and Pelley working hard instead of elias arnott and zubrus. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid. I understand what you are saying Max that the game was basically garbage time, but im afraid that this teams morale is so low that benching our top guys will only hurt this team even more.

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 December 2010 - 01:38 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#251 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

Ya ok, for now on every time we are losing i want to see Gionta Mair and Pelley working hard instead of elias arnott and zubrus. THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid

I don't get why Zubie was "benched" with TOI, cuz he's always the one working hardest on the ice, but you can tell his decrease in playing time really effected his play tonight. Usually you notice him on the ice a lot, but tonight he seemed invisible like the other guys, which is REALLY uncharacteristic of him. I guess MAC knows what he's doing though, right? :whistling:
Put food on my family

#252 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

I don't get why Zubie was "benched" with TOI, cuz he's always the one working hardest on the ice, but you can tell his decrease in playing time really effected his play tonight. Usually you notice him on the ice a lot, but tonight he seemed invisible like the other guys, which is REALLY uncharacteristic of him. I guess MAC knows what he's doing though, right? :whistling:

Exactly although he still had an assist he was invisible, zub had the lowest ice time on the whole team which is just a shame, he humps his ass every gm. Benching your hardest working player makes sense?

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 December 2010 - 01:44 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#253 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

It doesnt help when our top players are getting limited amount of ice time, a mass benching wont wake this team up, the best players have to produce, benching them wont help. And putting kovy with mair and gionta will only hurt him. So giving the three 4th liners more ice time then the guys who were the only ones who tallied a goal is stupid. I understand what you are saying Max that the game was basically garbage time, but im afraid that this teams morale is so low that benching our top guys will only hurt this team even more.

the game was over. those guys shouldn't be playing in the 3rd period of a game that is over. that's what your fourth liners are for. and they were the best guys out there, at least Mair figured out how to take the puck to the net and shoot.

and I really don't care about their morale. it's not time to be giving them a backrub. Lemaire tried happy fun time with these guys last year (out of character for him) and it got him nowhere. maybe Mac will find his voice as a raving lunatic, like in that video. good for him for saying something.... finally. of course the job of a coach is to fix that, if he can't, he'll be finding other employment, but some of these guys will be joining him.

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

It was 5-0 after 30 minutes, who gives a flying **** about icetime? Of course it's going to be skewed. The only thing I noticed about icetime is Jamie got twenty minutes coming off an injury...and somehow didn't record a single shot on goal :rolleyes: Any coincidence the whole team looked like dog**** with our great 'leader' back?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#255 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

Mac said after the game he put Kovy on the 4th line because he couldn't bench him....

Mac said he wanted to bench 9 players...out of the 20 dressed. If he has lost the team this much, then he needs to go.
Otherwise you have to have a big trade to shakeup the team.
or forget about the playoffs now & start working on next year. No way we are going to turn it around & make the playoffs without a big change.
Perhaps Lou feels his trade comes when injured players return, but that will be too little too late IMO

#256 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

It was 5-0 after 30 minutes, who gives a flying **** about icetime? Of course it's going to be skewed. The only thing I noticed about icetime is Jamie got twenty minutes coming off an injury...and somehow didn't record a single shot on goal :rolleyes: Any coincidence the whole team looked like dog**** with our great 'leader' back?

Everyone was $hit. Everyone!

I was supprised about the amount of ice he saw though.

How they could look so unprepared and unfocused is beyond me. What the f*ck have they been doing for the past week or whatever.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#257 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

In most of the the games this season I thought an honest effort was always there on the ice. I can't say that about last night. I just hope Lou decides shortly on his plan of attack. Up to this point I haven't been against Mac's style of coaching, but last night I thought he was as bad as the team's effort. The yanking of Mooses, the PP formation, and changing the leineup after winning. However, there probably are some serious issues in the room that we aren't privy too, which may really make whatever Mac is trying to sell useless. Going forward, I am fine with tanking the saeason with the status quo roster. If they can somehow move an asset(take your pick) at the trade deadline for a late first round/early 2nd round pick it would be ideal since this draft is supoose to be really deep. It is quite possible that the most important decisions for this franchise will be the made by the scouting staff. This team does not currently have the fortitude to turn it around like the Flyers did last year. I am ok with that, as long there are good decisions being made to get us going in the right direction.

#258 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

Look at the bright side fellas, more free tickets! lol :giggle:
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#259 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

Edit: moved my post to a new thread.

Edited by njdevil26, 03 December 2010 - 10:06 AM.

#260 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

Elias can not keep carrying this team. He needs help.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users