27 replies to this topic

#21 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

I bought a Dorholt white christmas tree jersey a few years ago, the transaction was quick and painless, and I'm beyond happy with the result. I loved Pat Burns, but I'm a college kid. So, spending 6 dollars on a fugging patch instead of 600 dollars on a game-worn jersey makes more sense for me. He's not a bad person because he's making patches per request. I'm not a bad person if I buy one. Which, walter, I have to wait until I'm home to do, because my paypal is fvcking up right now.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#22 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Do you always have this big of a comprehension problem then play coy about it?

"Custom" jerseys does not mean you break licensing laws. You can not re-produce a professional sports team's logo or put it on a jersey without license to do so. Period.

He can sell the Devils jerseys without the Devils logo on them. Once he puts that Devils logo on them he violates copyright and licensing laws.

I would agree with unknown poster. Additionally the (larger) sites that offer counterfeit goods have recently been targeted by US law enforcement. The domains have been seized.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#23 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, but I'd like to add that unknown poster is 100% spot on in this thread.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#24 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ugh, you again?

Please, I had these made at the request of a dozen people. If there is enough interest from my customers, I have no problem reproducing something they want. I understand you dont care for my business practices, but if I were truly profiting from death I would be charging $20 for these. I donate to a local Hockey Fights Cancer program, as well as other hockey programs, though I have no problem sending a dollar of each patch to who ever you feel deserves it.

If you think I will sell thousands of these, you're sadly mistaken! I would love to move that many of them, but the truth is, I sell a very small amount to a small niche of people who appreciate the quality stuff that I make. The best way to reach those people is on a forum where we all gather!

I pay my taxes, buy all my materials domestically and I bust my ass to barely make a living like the rest of us. The day my jerseys sales bankrupt the Devils, please let me know.

So, yes, folks, your PB patch purchase will help to support a great cause.

How about this, I will donate 20 dollars to cancer and show you a proof of donation and you would send me a patch? If you're donating the money to cancer you will be pleased to see that the cause will receive more money through donating compared to the few dollars going towards the patch.

#25 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

How about this, I will donate 20 dollars to cancer and show you a proof of donation and you would send me a patch? If you're donating the money to cancer you will be pleased to see that the cause will receive more money through donating compared to the few dollars going towards the patch.

I'll second this motion and do the same.

#26 waltdorholt

waltdorholt

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

I'll honor that.
Vintage Devils jerseys available here. Also Lazer and Utica jerseys!
www.dorholtcustomsports.com

#27 swampdevil

swampdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

The font on the knockoff doesent match the original..... just sayin.
NEW JERSEY, The most american of all states.It has everything from wilderness to the mafia.All the great things and all the worst.For example..............Route 22. - Jean Shepard : 1970 Newark Sunday news

#28 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:46 AM

seems sketchy that you didn't mention you were donating some of the proceeds to charity in the first place, and only til you were questioned about it. but either way, I am not against your line of work and customized apparel stuff, but this seems a little unethical like SP20 said.
Put food on my family

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users