Photo

An evasive Lou Lamoriello says Devils won't make a move.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Lou's press conferences are kind of pointless. I'd rather the spokesman at press conferences be a chimpanzee.

"Hey, Monkey, what do you think about the Devils so far?"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#22 Egg

Egg

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Lou would have made a move already if there was anything out there worth trading for if there was any way for us to improve our team via a trade.

Who do we have that offers any value to other teams ( and dont have NTC's)?

Zajac Parise Marty A-train(NTC?) JJ Teddy Urbom maybe a couple of other prospects.

Langs - NTC and one year remaining on current contract = not much value . maybe 2nd round pick or 3/4 pairing D with similar contract.
Clarkson - a lot of teams already have this type of player on their team that is either younger or cheaper.
White - NTC. Maybe waive at deadline ot play for a contending team. 2nd round pick in return
Greene - good $ contract but 1 year left and is currently tied for 2nd last in entire league for +/- . Return would be minimal.
Zubs - one of our hardest working forwards , has size and good on the cycle , can play wing or center. Contract $ is somewhat horrible though for what his production numbers are.
Arnott - see Zubrus. Playoff renal for another team. 2nd round pick in return maybe. Leaves us thin for centers.
Elias - $ contract + length + NTC + age = only lateral trade. Would be getting back same type of salary + age in return. Not worth giving up Elias ( career Devil) for that.

I would hope that Parise and Marty are untouchable and assume they are. Same goes for our prospects as we need them at their cap friendly contracts to plug in and use to be cap compliant.

That leaves Zajac and ....

If we move Zajac , what the hell do we have left for centers?
We need a PMD and losing Zajac to get one would leave us with Arnott Zubs/JJ as our top 3 centers???????

Only thing I can see possible is Zajac + for a decent PMD and prospect C.
Somethign along the lines of Zajac + ? for Cole+Bergland or ????? Can't see the Blues going for that.

My dreamworld trades :
Marty+ salary dump 2m+ (Clarkson/Rolston/Zubs) to TB for Vinny Lecav.

TB needs a #1 goalie. Gives us a C we need that is big , good in all situations and still can put up 70+ points.
Negatives are that his contract is horrible. 7.7 ish mil for like the next 8 years or something ...
We would then have about 13 million tied up for two players for the next 8 years.... lol

Zajac+ Salary dump? to ??? for a PMD. Calgary and the Blues rumored to be looking for a young C.
Options maybe Regher ( not really a PMD though and getting up there in age)
Cole or Polak from the Blues?

If Calgary is in re-build mode , Elias + for Iggy :)

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

VLecav is pretty dug in with Tampa Bay. If he goes anywhere it's Montreal and probably as a rental for the playoffs if by some chance TB is out by the deadline(not likely).
Jarome Iginla is like the only thing Calgary's got.
Please check the thread I made on UFAs RFAs and trades for more possibilities!(shameless self-promotion) :rolleyes:

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#24 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

VLecav is pretty dug in with Tampa Bay. If he goes anywhere it's Montreal and probably as a rental for the playoffs if by some chance TB is out by the deadline(not likely).

Rental? Dude's signed until Immortal start writing songs about summer and warmth.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#25 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Rental? Dude's signed until Immortal start writing songs about summer and warmth.

Oh yeah. Sorry, my gaffe.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users