289 replies to this topic

#241 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

the team sucks, their season just ended on 12/10, the end.

I just cant do it, i just cant, i cant quit on them, i dont know why, and as crazy i go after every heartbreaking sh!tshow of a loss, i cannot do it. :argh: :argh:

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#242 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

You're wrong here. You just are. The team stinks and they played like sh!t most of the game and most of the year. We get that. But that doesn't disregard the fact that the officials have had our a$$holes for dinner most of this season. So what that we have only had 95 penalties? How many power plays have we had? I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet we're at the bottom of the league in that category as well. How many times have you seen the same type of play be called a penalty against NJ and then the opposition gets away with it? Goalie interference is a big one. Freezing of pucks. There have been plenty of wtf moments this season.

No way in hell a clear kicking motion put that puck in the net. The rule is a fvcking joke.

It's always been the norm for us to be at the bottom of the league in PP for, IIRC.

I'm still not sure how people are accusing the officials have anything against the Devils for Kovalchuk's Summer. Perhaps if this team wasn't as disgusting, pathetic and embarassing this season, they wouldn't need the outcome placed in the hands of an official.

It wasn't the officials vs the Devils over the summer. It was the NHL vs the Devils. I hate Bettman with a passion, but you're reaching if you think there's a consipiracy theory handed down to the officials. Get real.

The officials are just terrible. Period. Watch other games, people. Watch other games. If you watch more then the Devils, you'll see that.

If you want an official's payback, obviously, alot of you were not around in 1988 for "Yellow Sunday" and the doughnut incedent. The officials made the Devils pay for that from 88-89 through about 90-91. Most of you here would kill someone (or yourselves) if you lived through Boschman's no goal vs Pit in the Playoffs or 88-89's officiating.

You're right. I always insist to my friends that they are still mad about the donut incident lol.

#243 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

I was a kid, but I still remember all of those things very well. In fact, I was at the Boschman game- in a box. Saw Lou smash a TV monitor 3 feet in front of my face after that call. I wanted to smash it too lol.

lol, and people think the jelly jar was out of character for Lou :)

The first like eight times I saw the replay of Clarkson's clusterfvck I thought it wasn't a kick but the last couple showed it clearly, or clearly enough to where you can't overturn a no-goal call on the ice anyway. Especially since I don't think he had his stick on the ice 'at all', maybe I'm wrong about that but I don't think he got it down.

As much as I want to put the tinfoil hat on here it was at least a borderline call and probably closer to a kick than not.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2010 - 10:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#244 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

I just cant do it, i just cant, i cant quit on them, i dont know why, and as crazy i go after every heartbreaking sh!tshow of a loss, i cannot do it. :argh: :argh:

Ditto sir. It's frustrating to feel like that. The #'s tell you it's over but we're still only in December so it's hard to give up all hope.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#245 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

lol, and people think the jelly jar was out of character for Lou :)

The first like eight times I saw the replay of Clarkson's clusterfvck I thought it wasn't a kick but the last couple showed it clearly, or clearly enough to where you can't overturn a no-goal call on the ice anyway. Especially since I don't think he had his stick on the ice 'at all', maybe I'm wrong about that but I don't think he got it down.

As much as I want to put the tinfoil hat on here it was at least a borderline call and probably closer to a kick than not.

the one they showed right after the game was an eyeopener. honestly, I wasn't sure until I saw it. then you could see why the call on the ice stood.

#246 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

Ditto sir. It's frustrating to feel like that. The #'s tell you it's over but we're still only in December so it's hard to give up all hope.

i'm going tomorrow with a co-worker, got a group of 4 for wednesday, taking my sister and cousin next friday, taking an old college roommate on new years eve.

its sadism at its finest, but i just cant quit.

#247 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

they're 1 point in front of where Carolina was last season, and Carolina's run got them to 80 points. it ain't gonna happen. they really needed both games this weekend. more likely they'll get neither.

#248 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

I hear ya...at this point I've stopped thinking about the playoffs and just want to play better down the stretch and stick it to as many other teams as possible. I've never been one to tank just for the sake of a high draft pick, especially when you know the league probably won't let us have the top pick no matter how bad we do anyway :P

But I'm in the Herm Edwards school...YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME - with the small caveat that if we can screw a rival team late in the season by losing a particular game then fine, let us stink the joint out :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2010 - 10:46 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#249 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

oh, I still got 29 exciting games left. :lol: I just can't delude myself anymore. 10 under was the number I set for myself, and they hit it.

#250 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

they're 1 point in front of where Carolina was last season, and Carolina's run got them to 80 points. it ain't gonna happen. they really needed both games this weekend. more likely they'll get neither.

just like triumph just said, as much as the #'s say otherwise, i just refuse to give up. i'll listen to the i told you so's all you want, but i just cannot give up on the only sport i actually enjoy outside of football before its actually over.

oh, I still got 29 exciting games left. :lol: I just can't delude myself anymore. 10 under was the number I set for myself, and they hit it.

hey, if you don't want to go anymore, by all means message me on nights you cant/dont want to go. lol :koolaid:

Edited by jagknife, 10 December 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#251 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Game just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Should've been 3-3 at the end of the 3rd.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#252 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Heh, I can't really think in terms of cutting back until January 6 anyway since I have someone sitting with me for like six of the next seven home games I'm going to but after that when it's really out of hand I can't imagine getting someone to go with me for more than a handful of games at most so it might be firesale time since I refuse to go to all of these humdrum games solo :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#253 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

Heh, I can't really think in terms of cutting back until January 6 anyway since I have someone sitting with me for like six of the next seven home games I'm going to but after that when it's really out of hand I can't imagine getting someone to go with me for more than a handful of games at most so it might be firesale time since I refuse to go to all of these humdrum games solo :P

haha, no joke i'll go, i'll buy the beer or kool-aid

i think its knowing that in a few months i might be leaving the area again and this time, hockey will be next to impossible for me to get to since it could be the Air Force.

Maybe that's why I'm clinging to them so badly, holding out every last ounce of hope.

#254 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

Yeah I'm going to stop going out of my way to head to the Rock as well soon. Either going to be against a team worth seeing, i.e. Pitt or whatever - and then just not. I can't give my kind of time and money to this crap.

#255 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

just like triumph just said, as much as the #'s say otherwise, i just refuse to give up. i'll listen to the i told you so's all you want, but i just cannot give up on the only sport i actually enjoy outside of football before its actually over.

hey, if you don't want to go anymore, by all means message me on nights you cant/dont want to go. lol :koolaid:

no, I like hockey. lol. the best you can hope is that they become a live dog at the end of the season. it's not so much giving up as it is capitulation. I had two numbers. 10 under overall and 4 under at new year's (where they were in 2005-06).

they hit one and they're highly likely to miss the other, and possibly miss it by a ton.

and other than specials, this game was really bad. they're just not competitive at even strength right now. goaltending and PK and now PP are keeping them in games.

#256 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

David didnt even hit the puck with the blade of his skate. It hit his toe and he never even moved his foot.

#16 Brian Pochmara
#23 Brad Watson

^They were the refs but I dont know who the goal judges were.

3:41
http://video.nhl.com...=20102011,2,420

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#257 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

2010 is the worst year.

20-17-6 under Lemaire and 1-3-1 in the playoffs (put it into perspective)

8-18-2 under MacLean

Overall: 28-35-8 so far and no 3-game win streak this year so far.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#258 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

There is definitely concern to be had, but the real problem is how slow this team is. Langenbrunner has barely anything left in the tank at a fairly young age. He just can't move. Rolston is just Rolston. Had all the speed in the world until he came to Jersey. Elias is playing well, but his problem is he has lost a fair bit of burst too. He just doesn't have it, but he is working very hard and making smart plays. Clarkson is Clarkson.

Zajac is frustrating, because his offensive game looks lost without Parise. He can't be half as effective with anyone else on the team. There isn't much speed on the blue line. They probably are the slowest team in the league right now.

Anyone who wants to blame this mess on Kovy is crazy. He's been bad a lot of games, but he was pretty strong tonight, and it wasn't going to change much. Obviously he needs to score, and score a lot, but blaming him is really a cop out. This team is not a bit better without him.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#259 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

haha, no joke i'll go, i'll buy the beer or kool-aid

i think its knowing that in a few months i might be leaving the area again and this time, hockey will be next to impossible for me to get to since it could be the Air Force.

Maybe that's why I'm clinging to them so badly, holding out every last ounce of hope.

I can definitely understand that. I'm sure the sth who sits next to me will probably wind up helping me out with a few games since he goes with his dad but likes to have his gf along as well when he can.

Yeah I'm going to stop going out of my way to head to the Rock as well soon. Either going to be against a team worth seeing, i.e. Pitt or whatever - and then just not. I can't give my kind of time and money to this crap.

The rub is that the rivalry games are the only ones you can even sell at anything close to face, everything else is gonna be close to fifty cents on the dollar. I know I'm going to one Ranger game with one friend and promised the other one to another friend, the Flyer games are probably the only hope in heck I have of getting one of the people who does go with me to the arena in the second half cause she hates the Flyers lol. If anything I might avoid the Penguin games like the plague, not to mention weekend ones since they usually involve an hour layover in Newark.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#260 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

I hear ya HASAN, it takes me 1:15 door to door, that' slike as long as the game is anyway. I won't do it for this. It's too much to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users