289 replies to this topic

#261 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

as scary as it sounds, i hope Marty actually gets the nod tomorrow. i usually hate if he goes back to back, but i got a gut feeling he'll play like a man possessed.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#262 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

as scary as it sounds, i hope Marty actually gets the nod tomorrow. i usually hate if he goes back to back, but i got a gut feeling he'll play like a man possessed.

With three days off after tomorrow he might well be playing again, though ideally you don't want to play him back-to-back in different cities coming off an injury that's bothered him for over a month.

I hear ya HASAN, it takes me 1:15 door to door, that' slike as long as the game is anyway. I won't do it for this. It's too much to ask.

Actually I'm fine with 1:15, that's what it usually is for me on weekdays since games end around 9:30 and I get home like 10:45 after going to Broad Street and taking the train home. The problem with the weekend games is they're closer to two hours door to door :lol: Most games end the same time the train comes in (3:30 for afternoon games, 9:30 for night games) since it's every hour on the hour so I have to wait an hour before going 45-50 minutes home.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2010 - 11:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#263 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

You know what really sucks? This team just can't even win a game by accident. Like in tonight's game, both teams were pretty bad but we always seem to lose no mater what the circumstances.

Aside from this year's Islanders, who are basically an AHL team, how come this team can't seem to find a way to play solid for at least 3 games? I mean even the most awful teams over the last few years managed to go on a stretch where they play well and won some games. We've witnessed The Devils fall to these types of teams many times. But for whatever reason they just can't do it. I seriously can not remember the last time they played a solid game where EVERYTHING clicked. It just doesn't happen anymore. I won't count the Caps game from a few weeks back because Hedberg really masked a lot of our screw ups and Holtby was hot ass for the Caps.

So depressing.

Edited by Sickman, 10 December 2010 - 11:47 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#264 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

You know what really sucks? This team just can't even win a game by accident. Like in tonight's game, both teams were pretty bad but we always seem to lose no mater what the circumstances.

Aside from this year's Islanders, who are basically an AHL team, how come this team can't seem to find a way to play solid for at least 3 games? I mean even the most awful teams over the last few years managed to go on a stretch where they play well and won some games. We've witnessed The Devils fall to these types of teams many times. But for whatever reason they just can't do it. I seriously can not remember the last time they played a solid game where EVERYTHING clicked. It just doesn't happen anymore. I won't count the Caps game from a few weeks back because Hedberg really masked a lot of our screw ups and Holtby was hot ass for the Caps.

So depressing.

how sad is it that the stretch of 3 wins in 4 games was our highlight, then we rattled off 4 losses in a row, or is it a 5 now? :evilcry: :evilcry: :argh: :argh: :evilcry: :evilcry:

#265 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

So depressing.

they sure as hell don't get alot of breaks. you make your good and bad breaks, I guess, but thinks like that first Ottawa goal are hilarious. sh!tty shot ends up ten feet short, slams into the ice and goes flying back up and past Marty...

#266 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

This team really exemplifies "finding ways to lose". It's pretty incredible really how good we are at almost getting points but then not quite getting them. If being good at that got you into the playoffs, we'd be golden.

#267 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

You know what's funny? I just watched NHL on the FLY on NHL network and not one second of discussion about the clarkson kicking goal controversy during the game recap. Boy does this league really turn a blind eye with bad calls lmao. Puts things into perspective how much bullsh!t runs behind the scenes.
Put food on my family

#268 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

You know what's funny? I just watched NHL on the FLY on NHL network and not one second of discussion about the clarkson kicking goal controversy during the game recap. Boy does this league really turn a blind eye with bad calls lmao. Puts things into perspective how much bullsh!t runs behind the scenes.

they grazed the crosby slew foot a few weeks ago, but nothing substantial.

#269 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:44 AM

wake me when it's over... :urg:
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#270 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

Guess who has the second worst +/- in the league?

Edited by njdevs89, 11 December 2010 - 05:11 AM.

#271 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

I only saw the highlights so far, so i will only share my opinion on clarkson's "goal"...

He was in the move forward, and did not make a kicking move. So what for would that be no goal? This is ridiculous! :( With a 3-3 going into Overtime, you never know what would've happened...
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#272 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Well from what I've seen of NHL on the Fly it is more of a recap show than a discussion like say the HNIC segments are. But honestly a mini-contreversy involving two non-playoff teams isn't going to be high on the radar screen anyway. It's like debating a contreversial call in a Nets-Pistons game in early January. Now, if this had happened between Pittsburgh and Washington, it would be covered up the wazoo.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#273 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

I only saw the highlights so far, so i will only share my opinion on clarkson's "goal"...

He was in the move forward, and did not make a kicking move. So what for would that be no goal? This is ridiculous! :( With a 3-3 going into Overtime, you never know what would've happened...

100% I was so pissed off at the NHL replay booth run by the NHL. It was clearly a GOAL no if or but it was a goal I have seen players get away with kicking motions so many times but this clearly just hit his skate... We can not get a break no how!
On the other hand they did play a little better against a bad team, I don't know what to expect from tonight clearly all the players were pissed off by that call....

Lets Go Devils!!!!!

#274 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

I'm not a fan from that far back. I only got into hockey and the Devils in the mid 90s. Would someone please explain "Yellow Sunday" and the donut incident?
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#275 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

I still think clarkson has the best "goal" face on the devils! LOL. "I IS HAVE GOAL"!!!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#276 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

I'm not a fan from that far back. I only got into hockey and the Devils in the mid 90s. Would someone please explain "Yellow Sunday" and the donut incident?

The Donut Incident was a postgame incident between Jim Schoenfeld and Don Koharski. Schoenfeld was irate over the officiating and confronted Koharski in the entry way the players and officials shared then. During the confrontation, Koharski tripped on something, fell, then was screaming at Schoenfeld that he's done in hockey, finished, etc. Schoenfeld said back, "You fell on your own, go have another donut, have another donut you fat pig!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXpcb5aTnPk

#277 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Yellow Sunday was the name given to the game after the Schoenfeld incident where replacement refs were used, and two of them were in Yellow jerseys.

by all means someone correct me if i'm wrong, i was 3 at the time...

#278 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

I still can't believe Clarkson didn't even tip that puck when he swung at it after the "kick". I just don't get it with that guy, he has no hands, he has to be the worst skater in the NHL and he doesn't seem to have much hockey sense. It's actually pretty amazing he's been as productive as has in his career. It's even more amazing that Lou gave this guy the contract that he did. I believe we need to keep Arnott and Langenbrunner until the trade deadline because a lot of teams will want those 2 for a playoff run but if we can find a taker for Clarkson, I would move him right away.

On a side note, I think we'll see Brodeur again tonight. He looked a little rusty last night so I think he'll want to get back in there. On both the 2nd and 3rd goal, he was down early and got his shoulders turned away from the puck. With 3 days rest coming up, there's no reason not to play him.

#279 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

I still can't believe Clarkson didn't even tip that puck when he swung at it after the "kick". I just don't get it with that guy, he has no hands, he has to be the worst skater in the NHL and he doesn't seem to have much hockey sense. It's actually pretty amazing he's been as productive as has in his career. It's even more amazing that Lou gave this guy the contract that he did. I believe we need to keep Arnott and Langenbrunner until the trade deadline because a lot of teams will want those 2 for a playoff run but if we can find a taker for Clarkson, I would move him right away.

On a side note, I think we'll see Brodeur again tonight. He looked a little rusty last night so I think he'll want to get back in there. On both the 2nd and 3rd goal, he was down early and got his shoulders turned away from the puck. With 3 days rest coming up, there's no reason not to play him.

to be fair, clarkson's stick was tied up, you know, like real defenseman do, unlike ours who dont make contact unless its a cross-check, trip or a hook

#280 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

They brought it up very briefly in the second half of On the Fly when they went through all of the games a second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users