1169 replies to this topic

#421 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Nice! We're close to selling out the second section everyone...let's do it!

#422 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Honestly, I don't know the members of this particular group that well, but I think their purpose is to a.) just have a fun night out during the (MLS) offseason, b.) show off the energy that they always bring to the soccer games at Red Bull Arena, and c.) they hate Philadelphia, so it's no coincidence that they're coming to a Devils-Flyers game... they'll be thrilled to drone out any Flyers fans that show up in the building. They're probably mostly doing Red Bulls chants, but I'm pretty sure they'll be cheering when the Devils score and stuff like that. It should be interesting.

This group got some recognition on 660 tonight. It was mentioned they had brought some drums to the game, and then it was explained who they were and whatnot.
Posted Image Posted Image

#423 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the chanting and stuff that this group was talking about, but I posted this on another forum:

"Yup, I'm eating crow. 2 big thumbs up to the Red Bulls section last night. I thought it was fantastic. If the Supporters section can be like that with the buzz going the ENTIRE game, I can see it spreading around the Rock.

The drums definitely helped."

I thought that group was great!

#424 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

Loved the Red Bulls section last night. They drowned out all the Flyers fans! Awesome job guys!

Loved the Red Bulls section last night. They drowned out all the Flyers fans! Awesome job guys!
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#425 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

Just my two cents but I think tonight was a good example that songs won't be able to spread out through the arena. I was on the other side of the arena from them and I couldn't make out what they were singing (I only knew what they were singing cause I attend the Red Bulls games too and I know the drum beats.) The songs seem to really limit themselves to that section only.

I think we are better of just sticking with easy chants and stuff like that so people in the rest of the arena will actually join along as well. Like we are going to follow 208s kill chant and try to join in with 232s chants as well. The idea is to get as many people in the arena involved as possible.

#426 dhwgss

dhwgss

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Glad to see we got a pretty positive reaction. I was in the section and didn't plan anything but I think it was just an experiment to see if we could work some of our style tifo into the game. Last night was a bunch of people from different clubs and we just did the Red Bulls chants but changed them to Devils.

It is a little weird with the whole crowd not knowing the songs. Without a designated set of supporters sections it would be hard to keep it organized like it is at RBA.

#427 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Did anyone try bringing horns or anything last time there was a Devils Supporter's Section game or with the Red Bulls club? A friend of mine got me a red vuvuzela with a Devils logo and Jersey's Team on it. I think it would be excellent for Sunday, but I don't want to risk losing it at the door.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#428 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I just called the Devils to double check everything for Sunday. Looks like we have around 170 tickets sold. One thing I was told though was they aren't going to allow a drum to be brought in anymore. I know at least one person was trying to bring one for Sunday but I was told there were a lot of complaints about the Red Bulls fans drum last night so if anyone does try to bring one they aren't going to allow you to get it in.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 07 January 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#429 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

For anyone who commented about the drum, I just got off the phone with the Devils and they aren't going to allow a drum in anymore. I was told there were a lot of complaints about the Red Bulls fans drum last night so if anyone does try to bring one they aren't going to allow you to get it in.

Too bad, I thought the drum was cool....but then again I was half the arena away, sitting next to it may feel worse.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#430 dhwgss

dhwgss

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

I can understand if they don't want people bringing random drums in. Our guys had special permission and even at Red Bull Arena you have designated drummers and multiple people working across the supporters sections to keep everyone synced up. If you just have people deciding they're going to bring a drum and use it you can end up with a mess.

But really? People complained about one drum to keep the chants together? What sort of person would do that? Have they ever been to a college football game?

#431 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Did anyone try bringing horns or anything last time there was a Devils Supporter's Section game or with the Red Bulls club? A friend of mine got me a red vuvuzela with a Devils logo and Jersey's Team on it. I think it would be excellent for Sunday, but I don't want to risk losing it at the door.

Well, I have an email that gets me in the building with the red horn with a devils logo on it. But I honestly wouldn't suggest you bring one, because a lot of people find it annoying, and I only bring it to do the LGD and KILL chants, not to just blow randomly. I'm not trying to be selfish or anything, but if people just start showing up with them they're gonna get banned just like before.

Btw, the Trenton Devils actually sell them in the arena, if you wanna just blow one loudly go catch a game there, I've been twice this year.

#432 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

I can understand if they don't want people bringing random drums in. Our guys had special permission and even at Red Bull Arena you have designated drummers and multiple people working across the supporters sections to keep everyone synced up. If you just have people deciding they're going to bring a drum and use it you can end up with a mess.

But really? People complained about one drum to keep the chants together? What sort of person would do that? Have they ever been to a college football game?

Apparently not. I was a big fan of the college-esque chants (I believe that we will win, etc) but apparently people would rather simple chants than that stuff. I'm also curious who would've complained about the drum...there weren't many other pro-devils chants going on all night.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#433 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Lame. Was going to bring my drum, even had permission from the Devils already.

Regardless, Sunday will be epic. With this many people, this is going to be even better than the last supporter's night.

Can't wait, i'll be getting to brick city around 2:30pm. Anyone going to Hell's before the game?
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#434 dhwgss

dhwgss

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

We definitely got a little overzealous with the chants. Of course we all knew them because we've used them a million times for the Red Bulls but now I'm just picturing all of the other fans trying to figure out what we were saying. Especially since some of them are in Spanish and I don't even understand them.

#435 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Lame. Was going to bring my drum, even had permission from the Devils already.

Regardless, Sunday will be epic. With this many people, this is going to be even better than the last supporter's night.

Can't wait, i'll be getting to brick city around 2:30pm. Anyone going to Hell's before the game?

Several people from devilsrule and some from facebook are supposed to be at Port 44 around 230...I'll be there to hang out before heading to the arena at 4.

#436 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

I will be in the arena around 2:30pm or so. I might just go sit in 107 for a bit before it opens ;)

We definitely got a little overzealous with the chants. Of course we all knew them because we've used them a million times for the Red Bulls but now I'm just picturing all of the other fans trying to figure out what we were saying. Especially since some of them are in Spanish and I don't even understand them.

Get section 105 or 117 again and go nutz! :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#437 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

I don't see it as a bad thing. You guys seemed to have fun doing your own thing and that's probably all that matters.

Anyway, I thought that a lot of the things that the Supporters did at the 12/17 game went well, so I'm probably expecting a lot of the same (except with more people). I actually have work on the day of the game, but I will make it shortly before 5PM for sure.

EDIT: Oh, I know that there was a lack of pictures/video of the group from the game vs the Predators, but in this video you can definitely hear us chanting (from :27 to :46, and also a bit later in the video). We were also chanting the players' names but they weren't heard in the video.

Edited by DeevFactor, 07 January 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#438 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:17 PM

I don't see it as a bad thing. You guys seemed to have fun doing your own thing and that's probably all that matters.

Anyway, I thought that a lot of the things that the Supporters did at the 12/17 game went well, so I'm probably expecting a lot of the same (except with more people). I actually have work on the day of the game, but I will make it shortly before 5PM for sure.

Are you standing with us in 106/107?

We have about 170 tickets sold, and if the people who already have tickets (STHs presumably) in that section would participate, and we got some walkovers between the intermission, that'd be fantastic. Hopefully we can also sell the last 30ish tickets.

#439 DeevFactor

DeevFactor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Are you standing with us in 106/107?

We have about 170 tickets sold, and if the people who already have tickets (STHs presumably) in that section would participate, and we got some walkovers between the intermission, that'd be fantastic. Hopefully we can also sell the last 30ish tickets.

Oh, I mentioned in an earlier post that I already bought my ticket. Sec107/Row10/Seat1

#440 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

I better hear you guys in section 114 all night, or I am going to be upset! :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users